• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] DEVS: Please a development plan?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we aren't allowed to talk about a mapping application anymore, can we please have a list of planned enhancements to the client? Or at least tell us if adding map functionality is being planned?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Chrissay reported the thread as "discussion of an unapproved third party app" so they wouldn't have to listen to us anymore.

I'm sick of Mythic dictating what can be discussed on a forum that doesn't belong to them.

That being said, I can't see why we can't get a list of planned enhancements to the client. This is a major setback to adoption.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being able to know the short-list of things they want to include in the client would be nice. It would help direct the focus of current mod work.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see what they have planned for the client as well. I have been holding off on making major changes to my skin because of this.

Here's my wish list for enhanced client improvements:

Modding
  • Give us access to all of the gumps that we do not currently have access to.
  • Give us access to the texture files used in the gumps we do not have access to yet.
  • Allow us to define and use custom fonts.
  • Allow us to load .csv files.
Functionality
  • Resizable gridview containers.
  • Set the default zoom level to the 1:1 aspect ratio of the legacy art or at least allow us to save the zoom level.
  • Allow "Target Stored" to store terrain tiles we target.
  • When creating a way point, I would like to be able to target the exact tile where I want the waypoint to show, instead of trying to pinpoint it on the zoomed in atlas (which is nearly impossible).

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If EA/Mythic has considered it an unapproved yadda yadda, it doesn't mean I agree with it but it is therefor pointless to discuss it and stratics being the venu of the discussion can be construed as supporting the creation of an unapproved application.

On the other hand, I agree with all asking for a list of things to come. :pint:

O

Old Man of UO

Yes Chrissay reported the thread as "discussion of an unapproved third party app" so they wouldn't have to listen to us anymore.

I'm sick of Mythic dictating what can be discussed on a forum that doesn't belong to them.

That being said, I can't see why we can't get a list of planned enhancements to the client. This is a major setback to adoption.
You are being a bit overly melodramatic here. EA/Mythic does not dictate what can be discussed here, Stratics does, and there is a difference. Talk to your Stratics boss if you disagree with that.

I can't see at all, in any way, how the lack of a tracking map, or announcement by EA what the planned enhancements for the new client are, are set backs in adoption. I completely disagree with that statement. All it shows is that you haven't found a way to cope with the current situation. EVERYONE right now is in the same boat, so we have a level playing field, be it PvP or PvM. Those that will do best are the ones that learn to adapt the quickest.

Sure, for many it was easier having a way to track everyone in your party or guild, but we found a way to do that before UOAM was available. It's not the end of the world, so why act like it?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are being a bit overly melodramatic here. EA/Mythic does not dictate what can be discussed here, Stratics does, and there is a difference. Talk to your Stratics boss if you disagree with that.

I can't see at all, in any way, how the lack of a tracking map, or announcement by EA what the planned enhancements for the new client are, are set backs in adoption. I completely disagree with that statement. All it shows is that you haven't found a way to cope with the current situation. EVERYONE right now is in the same boat, so we have a level playing field, be it PvP or PvM. Those that will do best are the ones that learn to adapt the quickest.

Sure, for many it was easier having a way to track everyone in your party or guild, but we found a way to do that before UOAM was available. It's not the end of the world, so why act like it?
I already talked to my stratics boss. An EA member reported the thread under the terms as "discussion of an unapproved 3rd party app" forcing the mods to close the thread. My Stratics boss is just doing her job and I cannot fault her. So yes, I'm sick of EA dictating what can be discussed here. The same thing happened when the Mythic studio became part of the "Mythic/Bioware MMO Group"

Instead of providing answers to legitimate questions by the userbase we get spouted the same talking points. I feel like I'm at a press conference at the White House and Chrissay is the Press Secretary reading the same answer off her little cards over and over.

But I didn't start this thread to mouth off about that. I started it to try and get the DEVS to show us what is being planned for the future.

I have been using the SA client exclusively since it went into open beta. Before that I was using KR exclusively. My guild mates are tired of not being able to find me in the guild map and I'm getting tired of running UO Automap connected to the server so I can find them, but not be able to use it's features.

The mods are trying to figure out what to bother adding stuff in for. Why do all the work of putting something in a mod if the DEVs are planning on adding it in the near future? Why can't we know what is in the planning stages?