• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs i have a question.

• Thread starter The Home Guild
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

The Home Guild

It's been sometime now and can we get a 1 hr timer on placement?
random time is great and all.. but it takes a looter 15 secs to clear..yet takes up to 3 hrs to place?

Can we look into it possibly? Shorten the timer,perhaps?

thank you.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No!! I personally do not think it should happen.. Why you ask, same as before scripts... House placing Scripts will again run rampant as the did. House falls, scripter is there, timer starts, 60 mins to the second later... poof... up goes the house. Keep it the ways it is.. If you want the spot, WAIT for it.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No!! I personally do not think it should happen.. Why you ask, same as before scripts... House placing Scripts will again run rampant as the did. House falls, scripter is there, timer starts, 60 mins to the second later... poof... up goes the house. Keep it the ways it is.. If you want the spot, WAIT for it.
I think Snakeman sums it up best.

Randomized timers are necessary as long as scripting is still going on.

T

The Home Guild

I said a shortend timer..as for scripts..have you forgotten there is a cool down on the housing tool after so many clicks?
That After so many clicks it locks up for 10-15mins?

Scripting homes is over and of the past,a reduce timer than 3 hrs is more than fair to ask..i also never stated make it stop at an exact time to help a possible macroer placer or what you guys claim is a scripter..tee hee.

So dev's is it possible?

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been sometime now and can we get a 1 hr timer on placement?
To me looked like you wanted a 1 hr timer.... You think house scripting is done... nope. They are still active, but not as openly visible as they once were. Take a look around after a large home / plot falls.. Do tracking & you'll see many of the old house scripter placers are there (I have stealthed back in to see & done tracking after 30 mins & they are there). Seen it on napa.
As far as the tool timer, yes & no on it working correctly. I helped a friend try & place a keep, I tried for 30+ mins on placing, never Once did I get the "Can't Place, you must wait" msg at all, which I thought was odd & I tried numerous numerous times. The random time thing is the best for all. For if they shortened the time to a "Time frame of an hr" it wouldn't take long for the scripters to fig out how to beat it. Ya have to remember, a script knows EXACLY where it must go to fit, where as the average person has to try a few times normally to get a house placed (least I do), especially if it is in a tight area & will ONLY fit if it is on 'X" tile.

T

The Home Guild

To me looked like you wanted a 1 hr timer.... You think house scripting is done... nope. They are still active, but not as openly visible as they once were. Take a look around after a large home / plot falls.. Do tracking & you'll see many of the old house scripter placers are there (I have stealthed back in to see & done tracking after 30 mins & they are there). Seen it on napa.
As far as the tool timer, yes & no on it working correctly. I helped a friend try & place a keep, I tried for 30+ mins on placing, never Once did I get the "Can't Place, you must wait" msg at all, which I thought was odd & I tried numerous numerous times. The random time thing is the best for all. For if they shortened the time to a "Time frame of an hr" it wouldn't take long for the scripters to fig out how to beat it. Ya have to remember, a script knows EXACLY where it must go to fit, where as the average person has to try a few times normally to get a house placed (least I do), especially if it is in a tight area & will ONLY fit if it is on 'X" tile.
random time is great and all.. but it takes a looter 15 secs to clear..yet takes up to 3 hrs to place?

Can we look into it possibly? Shorten the timer,perhaps?

thank you.

I Helped you add the part where i said shorten the timer.

Anyhow,people "hang"out at idocs cause timer is up to 3 hrs so yes they will try and place and as for your no cool down on your tool..well i'd say that is an exploit or bug. I'm sure any idocer/placer will tell you it works well..matter of fact atl we had over 20 idocs fall at 1:30 am and some at 4 am and me clicking trying to place i got 8 cool downs in an hr or so and they last from 10-15 min.

I also wont get into your thoeroy of idocs and how it works.People that knew me or know me..Understand i know my ****.Played to many years and placed far to many homes and sold all over..i can assure you there is no script or macro that can beat what is in effect with the timer and cool down. I wasn't happy at first cause it messed with my uo asisst macro for placing ..but i love how it's a challenge for everyone so people like you will no longer cry that you never got a chance to plot cause superman placer beat you and got the loot as well.

Understand this my friend..idoc loot or housing wasn't ours in the first place.. it was another players that never paid the bill. Fusssing and fighting over **** that isn't yours is nuts.I never noticed in my paperdoll under skills that idocing was in fact a skill.

Just my 2 cents.

All i'm asking is a reduced timer and never said i want it exact.