• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs dont nerf Sampire template because of scripters...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, All the non-necro warriors got nerfed by the tactics requirement...

Isn't it fair that something be done to reel in this broken template?

Even requiring 70 real Necro would be an improvement over the current situation, as it will still make necro equipment useful, just not the primary source of the skill.

If my Paladin requires 70 tactics to use a primary special move, 90 for a secondary move, then why should a Sampire get what is effectively an always-on special move for free, for no real skill requirement?

Change the Tactics real skill requirement, to allow equipment bonuses, and I won't be so against the Sampire.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pay attention to UO history. Tamers have only been the end all for PvM since AoS (thats not 10 years). Before that it was bards all the way. Bards ruled the PvM market between the birth of UO and AoS and still have a sizable chunk of power in PvM today.

Also, mages still rule PvP if they are any good. Tamers need to gimp their templates insanely to be any good in PvM and will still be destroyed by a good mage.

Umm, you do remember when tamers had NO control slots and could lug around as many pets as they wanted right? I certainly remember that. Nice try. No soup for you.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NEWS FLASH!!!! You can't train greaters on shadow elementals. They simply don't gain worthwhile off of them after they gm all of their skills.

Also, I am more than happy to lose any bennefit I have from my jewelry when that jewelry is off...oh wait I do.

I never denied biast. I think warriors are pointless. I haven't been able to play a warrior since AoS. If I wanted to play a melee character in a game it wouldn't be in UO. However, instead of finding interesting ways to abuse the system you should be asking developers for buffs that make you better if you get the gear for it. I believe that completely trained, completely geared warriors should be able to take on almost everything solo with enough skill. I don't like warriors, but that doesn't mean I want to see them nerfed to all hell. I just also don't think that peerless should be soloable by any class.
I was not kidding when I said I was going to dig up an elemental to train on. Since my last post (earlier when I joined the thread), my greater dragon has trained from 103 wrestle/tactics to NOW over 108. Going quicker than I thought. No soup for you.

One thing we can agree on. Melle'ers do not need more POWER. They need more DEFENSE. Tanking power. Ability to take damage. To not bleed the bloody death in under 2 seconds. To not die most non triumphantly. To absorb. To withstand. You get the picture.

900 HP would do it. How bout it devs? Just kidding. But when some jack hoo comes around here saying NERF DA WARRIORS11!!1one I'm gonna defend like a rabbid wolverine. You betta recognize.

NERF TAMERS! Oh wait. No ....dont do that. I have some....ummmm.....DONT NERF WARRIORS.11one GIVE MORE TANKIES!oneelvendy

/END thread.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense, but you point out that you have known this for 10 years but yet you still desire to play UO with a dexxer. That seems like your issue. My answer to realising how jacked this system is was to roll a tamer and stop playing melee toons in UO. I haven't played a warrior since before AoS when I soloed balrons and ancient wyrms with a mage archer although everyone said it couldn't be done.
Ok, this says it all. First your a biased tamer, who has admitted to just about every point that warriors have made in the thread, and now admit to how jacked the system is in favor of tamers, hence the reason you have been playing one.

If this is not a perfect example of proof that the tamer template has been catered to all these years, and is the easiest template in UO to play, I'll shave my head.

It's been the same attitude for a decade. Remember this: Every movie you see set in medieval times has a dude weilding a sword. With armor. He does not have some stupid pet following him around doing his dirty work. Well except for Dragonheart. And that movie kinda blew. Except for the hot red head. Respect the blade.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simplest fix someone suggested that could possibly be easy to implement!
Once you get your +% Necro items off, any Forms or buffs are dispelled.

That way you do not kill off warrior templates based on skill bonuses. They will just have to work out a way to include the well0known items that let you transform into a Vampire, into their suit.

While a mage is not my flavour, I always see mage players adjusting their suits to deal with items that offer crap resists etc.

We can all do the same. Problem solved.
BTW who said it costs 60 million for a good weapon? I bought my girlfriend a very nice cleaver for 8 million, and it kicks ass for her template.

Maybe some of us should stop looking for THE best weapon, and look for the best weapon for THEIR template.
I bet most just look for the magic All-In-One weapon to accomodate everything from their Fishermen to their Ninja.

Same argument about the suit, things are NOT that bad.
To make 2 very good suits for PvP I burned 20 Barbed Kits, each cost me 2 million...
Mind you all pieces are crafter-made except 2 so it's not a case of 5 arties to 1 crafted piece.

So yeah not cheap, but 20-30 million per PvP suit is logical, if you wanna compete in high-level PvP(not referring to players' skill but to item levels obviously).

K

Kith Kanan

Well what you think is good and what I think is good might not be the same , and 20 mill for a pvp suit..... I spend that on my new gorget...........

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
First off, nobody said anything about power. In regards to warriors vs. tamers, its all about tanking ability. Why do you think more people have tamers? Why do you think MOST people use tamers for peerless and high end PVM? The whole vampire issues #1 use is because it adds to a warriors tanking ability. It adds to it due to the life leech. Warriors do not get 900 HP. I would think someone who has played both templates would know that. Unless your hunting trolls and ettins, and using this for your "comparison".

As someone who has played a warrior since 1997, and has TWO tamers, there is no comparison as to which template is the EASIEST template to play in UO. It has always (and apparently always will be) the tamer. All kill and vet/heal away. There are many more concerns on a warrior template, not to mention how many more mods on a suit a warrior needs to compete, but I'm sure you knew that. :wall:

There needs to be better tanking ability for warriors in PVM. We now use the vampire ability to do so. Even then it doesn't compare to 900+ HP. And nowhere has it been written that tamers should beat every other template in UO. But that is how it's been for over a decade now. Take a look around at you next peerless hunt, if you do them, and note how many tamers compared to warriors you will see.

As usual Wenchy, your analysis is dead wrong.

/edit:

Oh, and as for your little "golem bashing" episode, think about how many tamers use Shadow Iron Ore Ele's to train their 900 HP pets. Betcha never considered that eh? SAME THING AS GOLEM TRAINING ONLY NOBODY EVER CRYS ABOUT THAT.

Tamers online.
Your Dead on it right there, it is a matter of tanking ability more than anything. I've got 3 tamers (various flavors), across 2 accounts 3 mules and the rest are Necro/Mages, Thieves, and various flavors of Dexxer. The Sampire is the only dexxer template that has near the tanking ability of a mid range pet, and the various pieces to form the right suit took almost 6 months for me to aquire. On the flip side while the monetary output to develop my tamer was much much less the time involved to develop it's skills was much greater, and the return on time involved taming was higher based on skill level as once I reached the mid 80's in skills I could run mid range pets and farm mid range critters, while the dexxer was running from earth elementals. On the whole I think it in a way really balances out. Most tamers I know can't solo any of the peerless with the possible exception of the Dreadhorn, yet I know that before the other set of forums poofed there was a very large thread on how to build a sammy to solo most peerless and doom!.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are your suit's mods? :)

Cuz I also have spend a lot of money on individual armour parts in the past but burning those Barbed Kits allowed me to replace items.

See my point? Some 2 million-worth items, built me two suits and in the process allowed me to replace items that I had bought for a lot, lot more than that.

Invest on barbed kits and on a crafter character.. :p I might have gotten mad luck that day, dunno. But after that I am not gonna spend a single gold point on runic armour made by others.

I insist you can build a very good PvP suit for 20-30 mil. Please note I am not referring to the kind of suit that would be good for all templates with few modifications and would be worth 400 Mill on UO Auctions for instance. ;)

EDIT ; Can't deny things are getting really cheap lately either.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't nerf it.
It's a defense not an offense. Nerfed evasion already. So this is an alternative defense.
It's near impossible to get the proper gear anyway. I can't pull it off. I wish I could!

So let's punish the guys that like to play solo and have limited time to play?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Don't nerf it.
It's a defense not an offense. Nerfed evasion already. So this is an alternative defense.
It's near impossible to get the proper gear anyway. I can't pull it off. I wish I could!

So let's punish the guys that like to play solo and have limited time to play?
The Suit pieces aren't that hard to get with the exception of 2 possibly 3 parts. Midnight Bracers, Jackal's Collar, and maybe not always but sometimes maybe human wearable Fey Leggings......

S

Saris

Only for those that support the nerf should read
OK this is stupid if you want a nerf go nerf yourself!

I can solo almost any boss in the game with a mage, a dexxer, or a tamer.

if you cant you dont practice at it.

my sampire Saris was not easy to make nor cheap for you who think it is simply dont play one.

If you are just mad that your pvp char cant do it then go to hell, they were never ment to.

Go play some other game if you have a prob with UO and stop trying to get EA to make the game better for you, you are not me.

S

Saris

The Suit pieces aren't that hard to get with the exception of 2 possibly 3 parts. Midnight Bracers, Jackal's Collar, and maybe not always but sometimes maybe human wearable Fey Leggings......
Hmm smoking crack are we?

My pants are 83res 2mr stam inc7
We like to have all 70s

what about my 120 swords, tactics, parry, bush and other scrolls i had to eat with this guy

I burned 2 verite and a val to get my axe btw and you could not buy it from me cuase you dont have the gold to make me want to sell it.

Now take all the gold it takes for the hammers, the powerscrolls, the artis, mace and sheild glasses, and all the stupid necro items I got to carry and the increase on isurance when I die.

Its funny any devloped char that is complete is always under atack to be nerfed by others who lack the effort to put one together.

Dont chage stuff cuase a few crybabies want to shine more.

Oooo my char wishes he/she could do that but I dont want to put in the effort to make one boo hoo or Waaaaa my pvp build cant do high end pvm Waaaaaaa

G

GirlPower

QFT. I can't wait for the next stage of the event, where tamers get invincible super flying acid-shooting ninja rideable fire-breathing nuclear powered mongbats to tame, while everyone else gets some boots with 2% cold resist or something.
By far one of the best posts i have ever seen! I laughed IRL! :lol:

S

Saris

what I still dont undersatnd is why tamers gripe about dex monkeys and why they gripe about tamers, you got room on your account for both.

S

Still Frame

That would basically make + nerco items (midnight bracers) usless if you needed real skill to cast the spells.
No the point is you should still have to wear the necro gear to stay in the form instead of taking it off and putting your real suit on.

S

Still Frame

QFT. I can't wait for the next stage of the event, where tamers get invincible super flying acid-shooting ninja rideable fire-breathing nuclear powered mongbats to tame, while everyone else gets some boots with 2% cold resist or something.
Really 2 cold resist!? That would be pretty sweet!!

S

Saris

Ummmmmm go away.

First, I can solo mel with a mule!
also I can go into painted cave with a dexer no form at all with good skilll and dci and walk to the center, leave my computer to take a crap and I will be fine cause they never hit you with good dci and parry and a darkwood set will make up for and hp loss you might have.

How does me having a sampire mess with your game? It does not.

its a nifty template that already survived a big nerf.

Also if you cant solo a peerless or a df you dont try hard then, some of us like to power game and we put alot of effort into it.

Tamers can kill things I cant with my sampire and I can kill things they cant, seems like a balance to me.

Some of you are noobs but consider maybey I like my template after 10 years of nerfs I dont ever want to train him again, so stop already.

Just ban the gold famers not a template they dont even have.

20% life leech is useless in pvp btw and not being able to drink some pots or cast any spell that uses garlic all the balance it needs.

UO changes yes, we get more and more power as we go on, by now if you cant solo a boss you must suck or your a noob!

Not one person in this post thought of the title and said hmmm what about a way to stop gold farmers, just make the trogs harder for gods sake! Is there a brain on stratics?