• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs, different keys for showing different object handles

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it might be a good idea to add a way to allow different types of object handles to show based on what keys you press.

eg
1) ctrl+shift to show corpses
2) alt to show dynamic objects

Even better, set it up like the "select" macro system so that we can configure which keys we want it to bind to, plus exactly what kind of object handle we want that macro to show.

Is that possible?

T

Tazar

I'm not sure if I am missing something... or if you did...

I am already set up and working the way I think you described. Check the sticky thread above on "Command Scripts". There are some in there that will allow you to do it.

Just set up a macro to command - then insert the script in the thread above and assign a macro-key. There are several scripts there - one for "Show Mobiles", one for "Show Corpses", "Show NPC's", "Show Dynamic Objects (basically everything with a tag)", etc.

I do wish there were an option to only show objects (no players, npc's, pets, etc.) but I have not found a way to do that yet.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoops, not exactly what I was thinking of.

Okies, I didn't explain it well enough, so a bit more clarification. You know when you press ctrl+shift now, it brings up the object handles?

I want this to only show corpses.

At the moment, this can be done if I cycle the object handle to show only corpses.

However, at the same time, I also want to have the ability to just hold "alt", and have it bring up the handles for only dynamic objects. Directly. Without needing to press ctrl+shift.

Next, I would like to be able to hold the right ctrl button to show the object handles for mobs.

ie, instead of changing the object handle options, then press ctrl+shift, I want to use different sets of keypresses to display a different set of object handles.

Something similar to what Titan Quest did - holding "Alt" shows normal loot, holding "x" shows magical loot, holding "z" shows all types of loot.

Hopes that explains it better.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
unless they let you macro that the above is your best answer.

its pretty simple to be honest. i press G1 then crtl shift or G2 or G3 then crtl shift.
G1 sets it to dynamic G2 to mobs G3 to corpses
do you have a macroable keyboard?

T

Tazar

I had a feeling I was missing something - the answer seemed too easy.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Cear, as a matter of fact, I do have a G15 :D

But that's still 2 sets of keypresses, 1 to toggle to what object handles I want and a second to do ctrl+shift. Can't find a way to condense both into 1 G key...

Yes, I understand that it's just 1 extra keypress, and tons better than before someone found out how to do the on-the-fly toggle. Just thought it would be a nice improvement to the UI.

Was hoping the devs can look into adding this if they have the time. Ohh, and the ability to bind the "show handles" function to other keys besides ctrl+shift would be nice too!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a feeling I was missing something - the answer seemed too easy.
No worries, my initial post wasn't very clear. *Hopes a dev sees this and decides that it's feasible*

No pressure, just something that's nice to have.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Cear, as a matter of fact, I do have a G15 :D

But that's still 2 sets of keypresses, 1 to toggle to what object handles I want and a second to do ctrl+shift. Can't find a way to condense both into 1 G key...

Yes, I understand that it's just 1 extra keypress, and tons better than before someone found out how to do the on-the-fly toggle. Just thought it would be a nice improvement to the UI.

Was hoping the devs can look into adding this if they have the time. Ohh, and the ability to bind the "show handles" function to other keys besides ctrl+shift would be nice too!
No.
set G1 to a keystroke of F1+Ctrl+Shift where F1 sets UOSA to whatever filter you want. works fine for me
F1 F2 F3 for dynamic mobs and corpse.
should be golden

F

Fink

None of these options should be hardwired by the devs to specific keys at all, especially not the modifier keys like alt, ctrl, shift, etc.

T

Tukaram

I love the on-the-fly command lines for switching labels. I really need to spend more time looking over the command line list. :)

One question though. Not to be picky but is there a way to sort using more than one option? I want to show Mobiles and Corpses at the same time. Just wondering.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.
set G1 to a keystroke of F1+Ctrl+Shift where F1 sets UOSA to whatever filter you want. works fine for me
F1 F2 F3 for dynamic mobs and corpse.
should be golden
Help, it doesn't work for me the same way it works for you.

1) Recording F1+ctrl+shift as a keystroke always turns it into ctrl+shift+F1.

2) it calls my ctrl+shift+F1 macro intead of my F1 macro (so I swapped my macros around thinking that it should solve it but I discovered other issues)

3) I have to hit the macro twice, coz the first time, it will show the object handles for the previous setting, only after I press it again will it show handles with the changed setting

4) sometimes, the object handles don't go away after I release the button. Hitting the G1 key again doesn't solve it, I must press the actual ctrl+shift to release it. But I can live with this coz it can be helpful.

Does the first 3 issues happen to you too?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just read Llewen's request and thought I'd give a similar request of mine a quick bump!

Rehash:

I thought it might be a good idea to add a way to allow different types of object handles to show based on what keys you press.

eg
1) ctrl+shift to show corpses
2) alt to show dynamic objects

Even better, set it up like the "select" macro system so that we can configure which keys we want it to bind to, plus exactly what kind of object handle we want that macro to show.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting suggestion, i'd put this on job number 999999 for the devs to work on, no offense but there are more pressing issues.