• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEV's Can we please Fix the Looting in the EC SOON

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok... I hate to say this but I'm just about done trying to participate in EM events. (Which is actually one of the main reasons I still play UO. Without EM events I think I'd have quit 2 years ago.)

They finally fixed the Nova Blast BS so I don't get totally crashed every time one of the mobs uses that ...

But in the meantime they've now broken looting.

I now can't loot anything without totally locking up my PC for 2 minutes... meanwhile anything of use on the corpse is completely picked clean by the time I FINALLY get the thing open.

And in all that time trying to loot things everyone else has moved on and I haven't a clue wtf is going on because I've been locked up for a long time.

I finally said to heck with it tonight and just logged out...

What's the point of attending if you don't know what's happening and you can't loot anything?????

No chance of getting anything good or being able to pick up one of the rare drops if you can't loot.

I think it stinks and needs fixed ASAP.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... I hate to say this but I'm just about done trying to participate in EM events. (Which is actually one of the main reasons I still play UO. Without EM events I think I'd have quit 2 years ago.)

They finally fixed the Nova Blast BS so I don't get totally crashed every time one of the mobs uses that ...

But in the meantime they've now broken looting.

I now can't loot anything without totally locking up my PC for 2 minutes... meanwhile anything of use on the corpse is completely picked clean by the time I FINALLY get the thing open.

And in all that time trying to loot things everyone else has moved on and I haven't a clue wtf is going on because I've been locked up for a long time.

I finally said to heck with it tonight and just logged out...

What's the point of attending if you don't know what's happening and you can't loot anything?????

No chance of getting anything good or being able to pick up one of the rare drops if you can't loot.

I think it stinks and needs fixed ASAP.
have you tried with a blank profile?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
have you tried with a blank profile?
What would I go to an EM event with a Blank Profile for????

Everytime I try to open a corpse after it's gone public especially corpses of things with a TON of items on them it totally locks up the client.

I play with your UI Pinco.... and a grid backpack.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have found if you have sort loot turned on it slows me down a lot...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would I go to an EM event with a Blank Profile for????

Everytime I try to open a corpse after it's gone public especially corpses of things with a TON of items on them it totally locks up the client.

I play with your UI Pinco.... and a grid backpack.
just try gradually with little creatures (like mongbats) and wait until they go public...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have found if you have sort loot turned on it slows me down a lot...
I have the sort turned off.... got too annoying having stuff jumping all over the place while I'm trying to loot.

But it does it whenever I open a public corpse with more than say 40 items on it.

Especially when it has 60+ items...