• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs can u make it possible to colour ID in classic client

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure they could build it into nthe classic tooo...for us old timers

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if you really want the Devs to tamper with the CC. They will add it, two things will break, one thing will be fixed after a week and one broken thing stays forever. Just look where the bug rate went for the EC after they "improved" it.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure if you really want the Devs to tamper with the CC. They will add it, two things will break, one thing will be fixed after a week and one broken thing stays forever. Just look where the bug rate went for the EC after they "improved" it.
Yikes... that could happen. Just speaking for myself, I've never missed not being able to distinguish between dozens of marginally different shades anyway.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Agreed..don't do anything to the CC..just ask a friend who runs the EC to check hues for you...I still need to do that for a few of my older holiday boxes...*hint hint nudge nudge* :)

But yeah....it's like once a year we need the hue checker unless you're really into finding out the hue numbers for every item you own :)

WTB friends who use the EC :danceb:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see dyes have a spot to add a color hex number to when selecting the color of the tub. Sure they would have to create a list of not approved hexs to keep some of the rare colors special but being able to recreate a color any time you wanted would be awesome...imo...la

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yikes... that could happen. Just speaking for myself, I've never missed not being able to distinguish between dozens of marginally different shades anyway.
The whole of UO is a little broken and exploited in every fashion.....i would like to see this colour ID in classic ....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do I get hue ID's in just the EC without Pinco's?

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It'd be awesome if this game had one good client.
I don't care to go there. We've seen the results of that discussion too many times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm a diehard CC user and would love to be able to ID the hues using the Classic Client. It would be a bonus if we could get a hue number on the dye tubs too!

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Even if you would prefer to play the CC can't you just log on with the EC to check the colors? I have both loaded on my machine but never use the CC as I prefer the EC.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or perhaps they just should add CC models to EC (as option like the legacy paperdoll) so everyone can use EC and forget about CC :p
It would take alot, many items such as rares / deco / house design also look very different (usually kinda bad :/ )

If they could find a way to make the Classic graphics appear in the EC client as crisp as they should look i would play EC exclusively. (right now even legacy options appear watered down with blurry edges)

Ive said before, EC has been around for a number of years now, and was never great. Its about time they replace EC and CC with one client that looks like CC while having the modern interface / features of EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive said before, EC has been around for a number of years now, and was never great. Its about time they replace EC and CC with one client that looks like CC while having the modern interface / features of EC.
With the current team it will takes like 80-100 years to make a new client. If we count the amount of money required, the cost will be higher than annual income of the game...

unless they want to make something like this:

but in that case they have to start over with also a new server in a project like UO2....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would take alot, many items such as rares / deco / house design also look very different (usually kinda bad :/ )

If they could find a way to make the Classic graphics appear in the EC client as crisp as they should look i would play EC exclusively. (right now even legacy options appear watered down with blurry edges)

This! I love everything the EC/Pinco's has to offer. Except that darn watered down, blurry look. I'm fine until I start moving around. Then after about 4-5 mins I swear I get dizzy trying to watch my screen in that mess. :(

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not in the client itself, but you can use a graphics program like Gimp to identify colours on your screen. I posted about how to do it a while ago - linky here.

Wenchy

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I love the EC interface. I would love to play it but I can't stand the art. The idea of having to look at the game window of the EC makes not want to login. I have been saying for a while now that if I could get the EC interface with the CC art I would be an extremely happy gamer. Until then I will continue to play the CC and lament all that I am missing because I can't stand to look at the EC game window.

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm fine until I start moving around. Then after about 4-5 mins I swear I get dizzy trying to watch my screen in that mess. :(
Same here. I hope that the CC does not go away since that would be the day that I cancel my account.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I hope that the CC does not go away since that would be the day that I cancel my account.
Might want to start looking at other games. It doesn't seem that Broadsword is planning on any love for CC besides its continued functionality for now. At some point it will hinder the progression of the EC or newer client developed.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps an item that tells you the hue, sort of like a sextant does for your location. Double-clicking would bring up a targeting cursor which you could use on any item. Because it's an item, it would be available in both CC and EC, perhaps it could be purchased at a tailor for a reasonable amount of gp.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This! I love everything the EC/Pinco's has to offer. Except that darn watered down, blurry look. I'm fine until I start moving around. Then after about 4-5 mins I swear I get dizzy trying to watch my screen in that mess. :(
Have you tried running full screen mode? Mine is fuzzy in windowed mode but is clear as a bell and does not have any of that motion sickness stuff in the full screen mode. I do dislike the part of having to back clear out to get to stuff on the bottom windows bar though.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so devs can we have to added to classic please...keep the old timers happy

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps an item that tells you the hue, sort of like a sextant does for your location. Double-clicking would bring up a targeting cursor which you could use on any item. Because it's an item, it would be available in both CC and EC, perhaps it could be purchased at a tailor for a reasonable amount of gp.
or this would work well

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care to go there. We've seen the results of that discussion too many times. :rolleyes:
Eh, I'm sure round #1322122 on CC vs EC would turn into same old ugly thing it always does...
...But I'm surprised if we manage to disagree even on this. Seriously, if we get all boring and objective could you ever call neither of the clients " good" according to any modern standards at all?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so devs why cant this happen ..in classic...either built in or a simple tool?? do the devs still read these boards...been very quiet of late??

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Might want to start looking at other games. It doesn't seem that Broadsword is planning on any love for CC besides its continued functionality for now. At some point it will hinder the progression of the EC or newer client developed.
I am sure that I am not the only player that feel this way towards the CC, and what do you think will happen when other players start getting seizures for playing the poorly designed EC?? So add this to the termination of the CC.... My guess is that everyone else would be looking for a new game to play as well.....

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there's "ways" to get the color if you're in 2d - hehe

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there's "ways" to get the color if you're in 2d - hehe
nope using a eye dropper on a multicoloured pixel box u could have 6 differnt colours in a couple millimeter squared...

no we need a fix for classic surely it cant be hard

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix, any thoughts on implementing a hue-id-getter in this way?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next publish plz devs ..this cant be hard to code..for CC

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next publish plz devs ..this cant be hard to code..for CC

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the current team it will takes like 80-100 years to make a new client. If we count the amount of money required, the cost will be higher than annual income of the game...

unless they want to make something like this:

but in that case they have to start over with also a new server in a project like UO2....

This game in video fails compared to UO. In UO I'm pretty sure you could jump in the pond and kill the flamingos.

At what point with all the "we want also" does CC become EC2?

Last edited:

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would be awesome...now I have to maintain EC for the sole purpose of IDing hues...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be awesome...now I have to maintain EC for the sole purpose of IDing hues...
i had to download huge patches lolz its been that long since i tried the EC.... really would be a bonus if it was built in CC or a simple tool bought form a npc could be used

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont think this got mention in the lake austin meet and greet...simply overlooked or not possible???

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure not many people care about it. This would probably be the last on the list from EC features that i would like to see in classic. and im not expecting a single one of them.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure not many people care about it. This would probably be the last on the list from EC features that i would like to see in classic. and im not expecting a single one of them.
but im pretty sure it would be easy ..very easy to code a simple tool u could buy form a npc to do this in CC... i hate having to hurt my eyes logging to the EC just to colour code when needed...apart form that i normally have huge patches form the last time i logged in the eye watering client

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but im pretty sure it would be easy ..very easy to code a simple tool u could buy form a npc to do this in CC... i hate having to hurt my eyes logging to the EC just to colour code when needed...apart form that i normally have huge patches form the last time i logged in the eye watering client
I would love a tool as well, however with the skeleton crew, and seeing how any small change seems to take a very long time / cause bugs, i just dont see it happening. Since we do have the EC, if im really concerned with what color id something is i just log in EC for a little. Which for me is a huge improvement, before the newer EC UI only way to get color id was pincos thing. Its nice to have it in the regular EC client. If UO had more than 4 people on the team, yes little updates like this would be very nice.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a personal .exe for yourself since it's so easy to code :)

You're literally asking them to implement something 10-15 holiday box traders want and need..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets be realistic here chaps. It aint gonna happen.

At the moment there are currently two options:

1. Stick all the items you want to get the ID numbers for into a bag. Lock the bag down and have someone come along and ID them for you.

2. Install the EC. Stick all the items you want to get the ID numbers for into a bag. Use the HUE ID tool to get the numbers yourself.

It will be A LOT faster than keep asking in a thread which will probably never even get a response from a dev. A sad state of affairs I know.