• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs:Can Factions get a TC-type Killpoint viewer?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Similar to the TC Deaths/Kills viewer on mouseover?

Betwixt my-UO showing scoring slowly it seems, and the faction stone itself only showing rank, and trying to figure out how systems are working together this might be helpful?

T

Turdnugget

I always liked that about Test. You get to see how many kills/deaths someone has.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can say Showscore and it will display your score over your head for all to see.

T

Turdnugget

Showscore isn't as cool as kills/deaths. It's fun to see who sucks at staying alive =)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something very interesting for factions. Is this new?

Now when I first logged on this morning my faction ranking was ten. I checked sigils, found an invasion in tram, worked it for awhile and then headed over to fel to the same town. Found and killed a thief scouting I guess and I got the message, "you have killed this something recently and you gain no honor".

Oh OK thats cool i dont remember seeing that before.

Back to house, log out. 30 mins later I log back in to check my "showscore" i just learned about. My score is 0, my rank title above my head is sentinel (thats 1st and 2nd rank I think). Rank on the stone is 6.

*edit* 2 things that might have made a difference, the kill for no honor, or he was the commander for our faction on Origin when the fix went in and did not run for office(RL stuff, so no log in). Still seems odd that he should lose so much rank in such a short time. My mage who has never lead the faction also worked spawn for a bit this morning. Her showscore is 1, and her rank is Knight of the codex and shows rank of 10 on the stone. *shrugs* Still learning as I go.

Any thoughts?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to figure out how ranks work is an exorcise in futility. Just keep getting kill points and hope your rank increases.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something very interesting for factions. Is this new?

Now when I first logged on this morning my faction ranking was ten. I checked sigils, found an invasion in tram, worked it for awhile and then headed over to fel to the same town. Found and killed a thief scouting I guess and I got the message, "you have killed this something recently and you gain no honor".

Oh OK thats cool i dont remember seeing that before.

Back to house, log out. 30 mins later I log back in to check my "showscore" i just learned about. My score is 0, my rank title above my head is sentinel (thats 1st and 2nd rank I think). Rank on the stone is 6.

*edit* 2 things that might have made a difference, the kill for no honor, or he was the commander for our faction on Origin when the fix went in and did not run for office(RL stuff, so no log in). Still seems odd that he should lose so much rank in such a short time. My mage who has never lead the faction also worked spawn for a bit this morning. Her showscore is 1, and her rank is Knight of the codex and shows rank of 10 on the stone. *shrugs* Still learning as I go.

Any thoughts?
I think the rankings are calculated and the kill point information is posted on the UO website in the late morning to early afternoon (if you're in North America). Not quite sure of the exact time, though. Seems like it's generally between about noon and 2 pm Eastern Time.

I suspect the program that calculates the faction info and feeds the website is probably tied in with the one that determines the largest guilds in the game and on each shard and feeds that info to the same website. I would imagine it can't start its daily run until the last West coast shard has had its maintenance period between 5 am and 6 am Pacific Time.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the rankings are calculated and the kill point information is posted on the UO website in the late morning to early afternoon (if you're in North America). Not quite sure of the exact time, though. Seems like it's generally between about noon and 2 pm Eastern Time.

I suspect the program that calculates the faction info and feeds the website is probably tied in with the one that determines the largest guilds in the game and on each shard and feeds that info to the same website. I would imagine it can't start its daily run until the last West coast shard has had its maintenance period between 5 am and 6 am Pacific Time.
Right well, I've checked it since. I hadn't died while logged in all day. My mage and warrior started at same rank(10). The kill with no gain of honor is the only playing difference I see having occurred during the day. Now the warrior is 6 and the mage 10. Both have different scores from other activities since, but I suspect you are correct, the system analyzed our activities since yesterdays maintenance around noon to one my time and made a major adjustment down for the warrior. It's the why that stumps me.

Perhaps this is new to discourage kill farmers?

I'm going to bring a mothballer out to steal some and see if I can perform some tests that way.