• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Developer Meet And Greet On Sonoma, March 7th, 2016

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet On Sonoma, March 7th, 2016

View attachment 44310

[Mesanna]: ok Lets begin
[Mesanna]: hi Pallis

[Pallis]: hi, im following up on the talisman prot and killer properties

[Mesanna]: from the last meet and greet?

[Pallis]: Yes, my testing shows they only work on the one creature they name, so an orc protection works just against the orc itself and so on, is this what you want it to be?

[Mesanna]: I have to be honest since the last meet and greet when this was brought up, we have been busy getting this publish out the door and QA has not had time to do any testing on it

[Pallis]: no problem just wanted to tell you...
Read more about this article here...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thanks! I wish I could fix the save the journal thing, still not able to get it working, I will have to sit down one day with ICQ off and just take a long look at it.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks! I wish I could fix the save the journal thing, still not able to get it working, I will have to sit down one day with ICQ off and just take a long look at it.
i set this up for one character last week. here's what i did:
  • open your character's 'options' and select the UO tab. check 'save text log file'
  • find the character in windows explorer whose journal you wish to save
    • ex: \My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\Account\character
  • open the uo.cfg file
  • add the line of text: JournalSaveFile=C:\UOjournal\Journal.txt to the uo.cfg & save
  • create a new folder named UOjournal
  • then create a new file named Journal.txt within the UOjournal folder
everything in your journal for that character will be written to the journal.txt file.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting this. One thing however is the green text. I can't really see it!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
For Clym of Clough

[Drakelord]: Hail Mlady Welcome to Sonoma, Welcome Bleak and Misk as well

[Mesanna]: Greetings

[Bleak]: Hello

[Misk]: thank you

[Drakelord]: two and I will be done, Please make a moongate on Sonoma at the Brit Bank in Tram. Can we get our skill cap set another 100 points higher to 820, thank you I honor thee

[Mesanna]: should have been in the original design

[Drakelord]: true I screw up

[Mesanna]: and we have talked about raising it but we are still talking about future changes

[Drakelord]: nods

[Mesanna]: we will never go up 100 points though I can tell you that

[Drakelord]: I see ok

[Mesanna]: way to many balancing issues

[Drakelord]: did not hurt to ask

[Mesanna]: so true!

[Drakelord]: thank you

[Mesanna]: most welcome

[Drakelord]: farewell
I gave up after this, you may have seen where the deco at the bank is also in need of repairs, lanterns has fallen to the ground, plants are lost on the roof. In the past I would page a GM to fix it standing there till I saw the deco moving. But after this meet and greet on Sonoma I gave up with that as well.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Clym of Clough

I gave up after this, you may have seen where the deco at the bank is also in need of repairs, lanterns has fallen to the ground, plants are lost on the roof. In the past I would page a GM to fix it standing there till I saw the deco moving. But after this meet and greet on Sonoma I gave up with that as well.
Yeah it's too bad you didn't include the moongate and hitching post in the original plans like other shards did.