• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet, Atlantic Shard Oct. 17th 2016

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet, Atlantic Shard Oct. 17th 2016

Mesanna: ok missing a few members, they will be here in a bit
Mesanna: hi Gator
Gator: hi. Wanted to tell you the granite comodity deed still not working and to ask if bods might get an auto fill function?
Mesanna: can you be a little more specific
Gator: the type does not show after you log in and out. all say granite not val or ver
Mesanna: after you log in and out the name on the commonity deed goes away?
Gator: yes
Mesanna: ok let us look at that again. what was your other issue
Gator: wanted to ask if we can get auto fill for bods
Mesanna: one sec talking to bleak
Mesanna: we might not get it in the publish coming out but we will look...
Read more about this article here...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Nia: Would it be possible to make it so that unmarked recall runes can stack? It's a pain to have to move them around one at a time to the top level of your backpack if you working on runebook, etc.
Kyronix: Perhaps. You wouldn't be able to mark a stack of runes
Nia: No, but when you cast mark on a stack just pop one off and put in the backpack if there is room. If there is no room it drops to the ground.
Kyronix: Targetting the stack could be problematic. Would have to look into it
Nia: Just a thought. That was all.
Should be ridiculously easy to fix. Arcanic Rune Stones stack (same graphics!). Then make them act like any other resource. When you cast the Mark spell (without 100% LRC), it takes 1 Black Pearl, 1 Bloodmoss and 1 Mandrake Root (from a stack!). Add 1 Unmarked Rune Stone to that list. Done! :smile2:

Izaya: I was wondering if EM bosses could have a more lethal skillset implemented into them
Mesanna: the bosses are set up per the EM's and can have alot of scripts on them
Mesanna: I will say this, they have made them harder and I got a call to come debuff them
Mesanna: are you talking about on Atlantic? or a different shard
Izaya: yea... some of the bosses just die in like 15 seconds and that's due to the unattended macroing just having a free ride on them...
Izaya: I'm not just refering to atlantic
Mesanna: you are mistaken, if you do not hit the mobs they do not get a reward or a chance at one. Healing also of course
Izaya: I understand but there's a lot of throwers just following after one character at these events lately so I figure if everyone is dead at some point at least it will be a much fairer playing field
Mesanna: so you want stomp on every mob, thats a good way to die every time
Izaya: I wouldn't say stomper but an opening stomp wouldn't be to bad
Mesanna: lol what shard, are you talking this one or all shards
Izaya: well I can say for example lake austin on saturday that must've died in less than a minute
Mesanna: I will talk to the EM's, thank you for the feedback
Mesanna: remember some of those are new EM's also
Izaya: I'm not faulting them
Mesanna: they have to see what works and what doesn't
Izaya: I just figured for future bosses to make it more fairer it would be nice if they were harder
Mesanna: I will talk to my EM's and get their feedback also
Just tell the EMs (without apostrphe!) to add 10 times the amount of Hit Points! Oh, and tell them to make the bosses spawn in an open area and not some narrow spot, where placing an EV or RC is almost impossible. :smile2:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gosh the devs are awfully nice to the Atlantic players..lol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ice cold: and 2 can we get some thing for band-aids
Mesanna: go away =P
Ice cold: went u die then dont fall to ground
Mesanna: wait
Ice cold: when i play my dexr it blows dieing and then u cant heal
Ice cold: like a thing in bag bless kinda like a quiver but for aids
Can someone tell this guy about bandage summoning talismans? My tamer, swordswoman and archer each have one. 10 bandages is usually ample to get back to a body, and if it's not the tali has usually recharged by the time you've used them to get some more.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone tell this guy about bandage summoning talismans? My tamer, swordswoman and archer each have one. 10 bandages is usually ample to get back to a body, and if it's not the tali has usually recharged by the time you've used them to get some more.
Think ya just did :gee:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Or that this person can buy an Undertaker's Staff to retrieve his corpse from quite far away...

Or that you can honor yourself to give a brief reprieve from attacking mobs...

Between those and the bandage summoning talisman mentioned above, there are already several methods for successfully helping yourself before running back to retrieve your belongings from your corpse without fear of immediate instant death upon resurrection.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Or that this person can buy an Undertaker's Staff to retrieve his corpse from quite far away...

Or that you can honor yourself to give a brief reprieve from attacking mobs...

Between those and the bandage summoning talisman mentioned above, there are already several methods for successfully helping yourself before running back to retrieve your belongings from your corpse without fear of immediate instant death upon resurrection.
Not quite the point....

Archers still have ALL their arrows, Mages still have ALL their LRC.....if the only thing you have to heal with is band-aids...10? Really?

While having all that other stuff is nice....something for band-aids would be very helpful. I use the talisman's....they run out rather quickly...and are not easy to find.

Even the playing field a bit and give Band-Aids some love! :heart:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you do know talismans can be recharged? You don't need to find another one, you just need a crafter able to make a runed switch

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I keep 2 of the Talismans on each of my Tamers and Malag always carries one so he has bandages available... The BIG problem with them is they are on a timer so you have to wear them to run the timer down which if you are in a bad situation you really need your normal good talisman for getting back to your body... Generally if I've died to something it wasn't something I could easily ward off and I died fighting with all my gear and ability... so having to rebattle something without my whole suit is even harder...

But yes I can't tell you how many times I remind folk in Discord about carrying the Undertakers Staff with you at ALL times at Events. It always amazes me the number of folk that have one that don't bring it and get all upset about not being able to get back to their corpse.

I don't always carry one on my tamers but Malag always has one. IMO that was one of the most valuable things one can buy from the UOStore...

As for the Talismans... I tend to get many of them from looting at EM Events. Just saying.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not quite the point....

Archers still have ALL their arrows, Mages still have ALL their LRC.....if the only thing you have to heal with is band-aids...10? Really?

While having all that other stuff is nice....something for band-aids would be very helpful. I use the talisman's....they run out rather quickly...and are not easy to find.

Even the playing field a bit and give Band-Aids some love! :heart:
That's fair... it's not that I want to throw water on the idea... I would benefit from this too... but I guess my comment is that there are just so many ways to deal with this already. For example, in addition to the items I've already mentioned, many dexxers do also have Close Wounds from Chivalry and Confidence from Bushido to help with healing too. There is also using the Sacrifice virtue to resurrect oneself with a decent amount of health and auto retrieve your back pack in the process (as long as it hasn't been looted already).

Also... if we were to allow band aids to essentially be "insurable", it raises the question... why not orange petals, trinsic rose petals, potions, reagents? What about the affects on PVP it would have if you be rezzed and have your bandies return to you without having to get your corpse? I think these are all fair questions that would deserve a response.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Corgul has this nasty habit of looting your body a lot when you die, and undertakers staff seem to have a timer on fel areas.
I tend to try to cover for this by having several 1K gold piles on my body and by stacking bandages in several groups, but sometimes you lag, he casts blood oath and you end up seeing grey one time too many. :p
So I would like to have a way to "insure" a 100 stack of bandages, but I can make do with how things are right now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Corgul has this nasty habit of looting your body a lot when you die, and undertakers staff seem to have a timer on fel areas.
I tend to try to cover for this by having several 1K gold piles on my body and by stacking bandages in several groups, but sometimes you lag, he casts blood oath and you end up seeing grey one time too many. :p
So I would like to have a way to "insure" a 100 stack of bandages, but I can make do with how things are right now.
Oh I agree with you 100% from a Dexer point of view... Seems to me that 9 times out of 10 they loot my freaking bandages... As an Archer I honestly can't carry gold at all... with 3 to 4 quivers of arrows even with weight reduction plus 200 bandages, at least 6 different talismans, 10 bows, and various potions I can only pick up about 2k in gold before weight becomes a serious issue and to me 2k in gold is NOT worth a charge on my Bag of Sending so I never bother looting gold. But that makes Bandages the #1 thing that's looted... and Yes I keep them in about 10 stacks in the hope that they don't loot EVERY stack... but sometimes they do.

With the advent of 100% LRC suits.... Archers are royally screwed... There is no 100% for us... we run out of arrows we are done... And with a need for bandages we are at a double injustice compared to all other classes... was one of my main beefs before Quivers... We basically were SoL if we died we couldn't even defend ourselves without finding our corpse... Now with Quivers we at least have that... but still weight is always a major issue.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
looking over the questions, and the question about having a means to keep bandages with you when you die.... It won't help with Corgul, but on the other instances where this is an issue...

You know, now that money comes from your bank, not your pack

Wouldn't the best solution for bandages when you get killed would be to recode wandering healers/priests to SELL BANDAGES so that the person they just rezzed can buy some before heading back to their corpse? It would be just as useful for PvM as PvP.

As for Corgul's looting, to me the answer is to have an insured Bandage summoning talisman.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ivester: hi my beautiful queen of many moons :)
Mesanna: hi Ivester
Ivester: i had a question about luck
Ivester: my luck suit is currently at 2050
Ivester: and i was wondering if it was high enough to have a succesful chance of asking you out to dinner :)
Mesanna: *spits tea*
Mesanna: Ask my husband first
Ivester: omg :(
Mesanna: psst Misk is his luck good enough?
Ivester: ok well he is a lucky lucky man
Misk: I will go to dinner with you!
Ivester: omg
Mesanna: *laughs*
Ivester: my apoliges my lady
Mesanna: Thank you for the invite
Ivester: yes :)
Mesanna: Have a good evening

Bahahaha, well done @ivester77 ;)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The granite issue has been brought to their attention multiple times. I reported it myself at least 2 times after the fix and there's been countless posts on here stating it. Absolutely ridiculous.

To the people wanting to never lose their bandaids again, the quiver took up a clothing slot. I would be for a slightly modded fanny pack to take the slot of a crimson or tangle. To flat insure them I'd be totally against.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
looking over the questions, and the question about having a means to keep bandages with you when you die.... It won't help with Corgul, but on the other instances where this is an issue...

You know, now that money comes from your bank, not your pack

Wouldn't the best solution for bandages when you get killed would be to recode wandering healers/priests to SELL BANDAGES so that the person they just rezzed can buy some before heading back to their corpse? It would be just as useful for PvM as PvP.

As for Corgul's looting, to me the answer is to have an insured Bandage summoning talisman.
Healers selling bandages is an interesting idea. I'd say there needs to be a reasonable limit on amount you can purchase (20-25 would be reasonable), and probably a timer before you could make another purchase from the same healer, but would overall be a reasonable solution.

Ivester: hi my beautiful queen of many moons :)
Mesanna: hi Ivester
Ivester: i had a question about luck
Ivester: my luck suit is currently at 2050
Ivester: and i was wondering if it was high enough to have a succesful chance of asking you out to dinner :)
Mesanna: *spits tea*
Mesanna: Ask my husband first
Ivester: omg :(
Mesanna: psst Misk is his luck good enough?
Ivester: ok well he is a lucky lucky man
Misk: I will go to dinner with you!
Ivester: omg
Mesanna: *laughs*
Ivester: my apoliges my lady
Mesanna: Thank you for the invite
Ivester: yes :)
Mesanna: Have a good evening

Bahahaha, well done @ivester77 ;)
Probably one of the funniest things I've seen in a Meet & Greet transcript. His timing was impeccable too if you saw it live. I could've sworn there may have been some more dialogue to this, but maybe it either got cleaned out of this version, or I'm just wrong. Either way, it was good for a hearty laugh on my end.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Probably one of the funniest things I've seen in a Meet & Greet transcript. His timing was impeccable too if you saw it live. I could've sworn there may have been some more dialogue to this, but maybe it either got cleaned out of this version, or I'm just wrong. Either way, it was good for a hearty laugh on my end.
Here is the un-edited version, like I said I just edit out the crystals and time-stamps and I am in the No Chat channel so I don't get Gen Chat spam in my logs lol (and correct spelling errors)...I did get a good chuckle out of this bit as well, he's a great guy and I think he should take Misk's invitation! ;)

[16/10/17][19:18:12] [Crystal] Ivester says: hi my beautiful queen of many moons :)
[16/10/17][19:18:12] [Mesanna]: hi Ivester
[16/10/17][19:18:12] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: hi Ivester
[16/10/17][19:18:24] [Ivester]: i had a question about luck
[16/10/17][19:18:24] [Crystal] Ivester says: i had a question about luck
[16/10/17][19:18:37] [Ivester]: all stay
[16/10/17][19:18:37] [Crystal] Ivester says: all stay
[16/10/17][19:18:38] [Ivester]: my luck suit is currently at 2050
[16/10/17][19:18:38] [Crystal] Ivester says: my luck suit is currently at 2050
[16/10/17][19:19:15] [Ivester]: and i was wondering if it was high enough to have a succesful chance of asking you out to dinner
[16/10/17][19:19:15] [Crystal] Ivester says: and i was wondering if it was high enough to have a succesful chance of asking you out to dinner
[16/10/17][19:19:29] [Ivester]: :)
[16/10/17][19:19:29] [Crystal] Ivester says: :)
[16/10/17][19:19:32] [Mesanna]: *spits tea*
[16/10/17][19:19:32] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: *spits tea*
[16/10/17][19:19:55] [Mesanna]: Ask my husband first
[16/10/17][19:19:55] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Ask my husband first
[16/10/17][19:19:58] [Ivester]: omg
[16/10/17][19:19:58] [Crystal] Ivester says: omg
[16/10/17][19:20:01] [Ivester]: :(
[16/10/17][19:20:01] [Crystal] Ivester says: :(
[16/10/17][19:20:06] [Mesanna]: psst Misk is his luck good enough?
[16/10/17][19:20:06] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: psst Misk is his luck good enough?
[16/10/17][19:20:09] [Ivester]: ok well he is a lucky lucky man
[16/10/17][19:20:09] [Crystal] Ivester says: ok well he is a lucky lucky man
[16/10/17][19:20:12] [Misk]: I will go to dinner with you!
[16/10/17][19:20:12] [Crystal] Misk says: I will go to dinner with you!
[16/10/17][19:20:17] [Ivester]: omg
[16/10/17][19:20:17] [Crystal] Ivester says: omg
[16/10/17][19:20:23] [Mesanna]: *laughs*
[16/10/17][19:20:23] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: *laughs*
[16/10/17][19:20:27] [Ivester]: my apoliges my lady
[16/10/17][19:20:27] [Crystal] Ivester says: my apoliges my lady
[16/10/17][19:20:27] [Mesanna]: Thank you for the invite
[16/10/17][19:20:27] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Thank you for the invite
[16/10/17][19:20:31] [Ivester]: yes
[16/10/17][19:20:31] [Crystal] Ivester says: yes
[16/10/17][19:20:34] [Ivester]: :)
[16/10/17][19:20:34] [Crystal] Ivester says: :)
[16/10/17][19:20:41] [Mesanna]: Have a good evening
[16/10/17][19:20:41] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Have a good evening

Also, Zalan has a good point. I remember the first time I did the roof and had all my band-aids looted. As a tamer that's a BAD thing! I had a dead pet and no aids :( My guildie asked if I had scissors, of course I did not...so the next time we did the roof he brought me a pair of insured scissors..he hasn't let me live it down :( lol

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On bandages:

With all the creative workarounds suggested here, the original request is still far more legit and is asking for a direct solution.
And I doubt there are more people who play full time warriors than they do tamers/mages, therefore they simply do not know the PAIN POINT.
In a previous M&G, some guy asks why is it EASY for a warrior to solo everything. The dev answered it perfectly by rejecting that notion.
Getting all the gear and making the right weps (and bring many weps on you), and carrying all the survival essentials with you can be too much for a warrior, and when you are doing dangerous challenges and can die many times, you run out of options fairly quick.