• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev Meet And Greet On Sakura 3-21-16

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Part that kind of took me by surprise

Kyronix : As long as we are around at least :)

I always think there is a little truth behind what people say. I know they would never confirm such a thing as UO's ending but to be a fly in broadswords WAR room would be awesome or really sad for us players. Probably nothing but you never know....
I wouldn't read too much into it. I added the "as long as we are around at least" disclaimer because I would hazard that back in '99 when I had just started playing I must've thought, "gee this feature should be around forever!" Fast forward to now and I've probably changed it hehe. No telling that 18 years from now a future dev may decide to rip out the Valley of One quest :) The take home message is that we have no intention of turning off the Valley of One or putting in one-time use content for that matter.