• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev´s what about a insured back in backpack?

D

Der Rock

maybe it is because i am german, but i love to have arrangement :)

what about a special insurable bag for the backpack,sometimes it is realy annoying
i ask only for a injureable bag, nothing else,all things inside the back should act like they ever did,
nobody should be astonied if they cant loot or steal a simple 5 gold bag, not a pvp player nor a monster that can loot.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe it is because i am german, but i love to have arrangement :)

what about a special insurable bag for the backpack,sometimes it is realy annoying
i ask only for a injureable bag, nothing else,all things inside the back should act like they ever did,
nobody should be astonied if they cant loot or steal a simple 5 gold bag, not a pvp player nor a monster that can loot.

Thats a good Idea,but maybe make it limiited to what it can hold say like 80 of each reg,25 bandadages,ect. so the pvp'ers won't whine about it being not fair.

I can't see how it would affect pvp anyways for one there no pvp left in UO only ganking zergs and second any halfway decent pvp'er would have a 100 lrc suit on their mage anyways.But this would help out those who can't afford a high resist lrc suit to stay in the battle area a little longer.

F

Fink

I like to keep things tidy, too.

I'm loathe to use Sacrifice self-res because of the mess it makes of my inventory. I figure if a normal res doesn't scatter your items all over, a self-res shouldn't have to either.

Another irritating thing is blessed clothing & armour doesn't seem to want to re-equip itself when you auto-loot your corpse.

Some way of keeping your backpack tidy without making bagged lumps of equipment that (pc/npc) looters can't easily grab would be nice. To stop monsters looting my corpse I usually carry a clockwork assembly (they loot that first) until I need more room in my pack, then I dump it.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one who feels like the antiquated Insurance/Blessed/Cursed system needs a complete overhaul?

I was helping a new player get into the game and it was a huge PITA for them.

D

Der Rock

Am I the only one who feels like the antiquated Insurance/Blessed/Cursed system needs a complete overhaul?

yes, its annoying, all this injured and blessed crap
better they had cut the monster loot gold by half,to reduce gold on shard
let the items alone,and basta, NO losing or stealing of items(same as in all other major mmo´s)

oh just a second, injurence is a super special UO hyper idia LOL
how many player quit because of injurens bug?????
i never heard something like that from WoW player

D

Divster

Thats a good Idea,but maybe make it limiited to what it can hold say like 80 of each reg,25 bandadages,ect. so the pvp'ers won't whine about it being not fair.

I can't see how it would affect pvp anyways for one there no pvp left in UO only ganking zergs and second any halfway decent pvp'er would have a 100 lrc suit on their mage anyways.But this would help out those who can't afford a high resist lrc suit to stay in the battle area a little longer.
I think you've missed his point he only wants the bag itself to be insured , not the contents. Personally I would love this as I too like to organise things in my pack and hate having to constantly get new bags hehe

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, its annoying, all this injured and blessed crap
better they had cut the monster loot gold by half,to reduce gold on shard
let the items alone,and basta, NO losing or stealing of items(same as in all other major mmo´s)

oh just a second, injurence is a super special UO hyper idia LOL
how many player quit because of injurens bug?????
i never heard something like that from WoW player
I agree. For Trammel, at least, I say bite the bullet and ditch the whole system. Just make all items stay with the character.

UO is so far gone from the "full corpse looting" days... it dumb to hang on to this bandaid fix to an ancient system instead of just revamping the whole thing.

D

Der Rock

I think you've missed his point he only wants the bag itself to be insured , not the contents. Personally I would love this as I too like to organise things in my pack and hate having to constantly get new bags hehe
correct

H

HeathBar

I'd rather have devs fix current bugs and work on new event content then create an insurable bag.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep. Scares people away.

It's like the red/blue/grey system....outdated.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need a blessed rune book bag or a box that all the many rune books can be put in and not tossed all over in your backpack, which upon res'ing half of your $h!+ is under them. talk about annoying (yes I know Self dress, but HOW MANY items are F'd up in that they won't re-equip through UOA. How many times I get the stupid msg on that.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Or just eliminate insurance altogether...la
I'm with Rico.

Bring back item bless deeds (extremely rare to get.) If your item or your clothing isn't blessed, it should be lootable/stealable.

I would like to see them bring back body looting as well. Once you go to bones you're lootable. What a waste of stuff right now. Someone can't get to their body, it all decays.

L

Lore Master

I like the idea of an insurable backpack would even be better if it was blessed so sounds good to me.

H

HeathBar

I'm with Rico.

Bring back item bless deeds (extremely rare to get.) If your item or your clothing isn't blessed, it should be lootable/stealable.

I would like to see them bring back body looting as well. Once you go to bones you're lootable. What a waste of stuff right now. Someone can't get to their body, it all decays.
Sounds like you should just play on SP.