• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Detectives on your shard...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any active ones?

I know on Siege there aren't, but there have been a few (very few) in the past. I was wondering about this on the other shards. Do you folks have anyone on the shard that goes out of their way to track, and maybe even use the Forensics skill to verify thief guild status?

There is a Detective forum here on Stratics, I wonder, what your thoughts are on trying to get those skills moved over to this forum...almost like a good guy vs bad guy combination to try and get us thieves a little more fun in game, while at the same time, create some fun for other players as well.

I used to have a character on Atlantic that I would use for a detective. I always found the best detectives were those who knew how to play a thief. Now before you start in on the code issues involved...just note...as a thief...I always follow the code, but on another character...the code is out the window...then again, I have yet to be stolen from by a thief since I started playing one. For the years I have played one, it's too easy to know how to leave the house to keep my belongings protected.

I suppose this is the biggest reason I have a problem with all the whinners that go on UHall and say thieves need to be nerfed because they can't figure out how to protect themselves, lol...la

S

Sweeney

Now that the game is for 13+ (remembers a typo on a UHall post) detectives will not come back until bounties are re-established.

D

DuttyD

Bounties.... Fun times.... Also cutting the heads off healers.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So wait...

You flame away at the crate thieves. People who now comprise the majority of active players with stealing. People that, when bored, may turn to PvP thieving. People that actually HAVE the stealing skill. You pancake and moan at them, and now they've been chased away for good, to the point they resent us.

Yet you invite anti-thieves over.

*thumbs up*

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So wait...

You flame away at the crate thieves. People who now comprise the majority of active players with stealing. People that, when bored, may turn to PvP thieving. People that actually HAVE the stealing skill. You pancake and moan at them, and now they've been chased away for good, to the point they resent us.

*thumbs up*
Detectives deal with player versus player. But nice try.

:bowdown:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So wait...

*thumbs up*
If you don't like the way I post, please do feel free to pancake, moan, whine to the site administrators. ROFL...la

D

DuttyD

Nonel, I think Rico is referring to a template that hunts thieves.
UOR and even before that it was fun when you knew a detective was around because you had to change your play style, and made the thefts that much better.

It was a legitimate class people played for fun, but sadly it has sort of died off.

Is there even a detective forum any more??? If not, they should be here, as we are their counterpart.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to worry, I believe Nonel is just an angry poster who wanted this to become the crate forum. I'm not sure why he is posting here if the discussion of PvP is so maddening to him...la

JAY8533

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to worry, I believe Nonel is just an angry poster who wanted this to become the crate forum. I'm not sure why he is posting here if the discussion of PvP is so maddening to him...la
Sounds less like the discussion of PvP is maddening to him but rather he doesn't appreciate the double standards and the conduct of someone who is supposed to be a moderator.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is still a detective forum, yes.

I do understand Rico's post. I understand why he's inviting them over.

What I don't understand is the double standard.

He chases away a group of people that have the potential to revive PvP thieving. He tells them not to post here. Then he invited anti-thieves.

Rico...I've already recruited 3 new PvP thieves into my guild. They were crate thieves that got bored. If you can't understand this, then you're just too dense to argue with.

D

DuttyD

lol.

The last time I played my thief was before doom stealables.

I'm sure I will try to steal something from doom although I have no idea how.

I know my first order of business is to annoy people are yew gate.

Can't we all get a long??? There are people who made thieves just for a chance to steal an arty, thats fine. I made mine 8 years ago for fun. After I get used to the new stealing game I will try to teach any crate thief anything I know. Because I will go steal something out of doom at some point, I have nothing against it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol.

The last time I played my thief was before doom stealables.

I'm sure I will try to steal something from doom although I have no idea how.

I know my first order of business is to annoy people are yew gate.

Can't we all get a long??? There are people who made thieves just for a chance to steal an arty, thats fine. I made mine 8 years ago for fun. After I get used to the new stealing game I will try to teach any crate thief anything I know. Because I will go steal something out of doom at some point, I have nothing against it.
There's no problem. The problems take place when posters come to this forum to ask questions about stealing from crates, monsters or dungeons. We have always refered them to other forums to gain the inforamtion they are looking for, but it seems that some get a little upset that this is and has been done since at least 2001...la

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does my stealth herder. But nice try.
This is a PvP Thief forum. Detectives deal with PvP and Thieves. If your stealth herder has anything to do with PvP and Thieves, when did I ever say to go away.

But nice try.

T

The Green Thief

This is a PvP Thief forum. Detectives deal with PvP and Thieves. If your stealth herder has anything to do with PvP and Thieves, when did I ever say to go away.

But nice try.

Oooooh sick burn! Go Chad.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is for the discussion of player versus player thieving. If you steal from another player, this is the place to talk about it.

Please tell me what forensics has to do with stealing from anohter player.

Dont tel me it has somthing related to it it doesnt, it is a TOTALLY differnt skill.

Please take your discusion to the to the UO Dective Forum, clearly that is were you intended this?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is for the discussion of player versus player thieving. If you steal from another player, this is the place to talk about it.

Dont tel me it has somthing related to it it doesnt, it is a TOTALLY differnt skill.

Please take your discusion to the to the UO Dective Forum, clearly that is were you intended this?
ROFL...la

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so much hate. it brings me back to the old days when every other post was a flame, lol

T

The Green Thief

Yeah, so much activity now. It's mildly entertaining.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Thiefs that you call crates, invoke the same stealing button skill trigger you use to steal from a player...ha

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But nice try.

Your momma! But nice try.

Lol, nah, seriously...touche. ;)

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How is this board not the correct place to discuss merging this board with another?

at least try and complain sensibly

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Thiefs that you call crates, invoke the same stealing button skill trigger you use to steal from a player...ha
Nice try. The big difference...I and my fellow PvP thieves...we belong to the thief guild...the crates...they can steal from crates and monsters without any rish at all. I recall all the crying that took place when Doom first opened and the new version of the crates were running around all upset that people were looting them on a Trammel facet...rofl...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back to the main topic of this thread...ROFL. Siege thieves be prepared...I am starting my detective up tonight. May be a while before I can track you folks down...however, I do have my thieving history to use to my advantage when it comes to looking for you.

Get your game on...hopefully we will be able to provide a little fun for all of us, muhahahahahahaha...Oh, and don't take it personal if I do kill you...lol, this character does not follow the code. >:> ...la

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's great fun.

The only two characters I really play with anymore is my thief, and my thief hunter. :D

Their uses are boundless in factions.