• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Detecting shadow jump?

G

I was stealthing around a couple of players and shadow jumped a couple of times, then one of the players said something to indicate that he thought that a ninja was around - as though he saw something. I was in wolf form and when the other guy asked "Who?", the first didn't say that he couldn't tell my name or that I was in wolf form..
My question - other than tracking, is there some way to determine that some is stealthing? Can you "see" shadow jumps?

W

Wolfthistle

Hi,

You can't see shadow jumps, but you can hear them. I discovered this when i was stealthing around my wife with my sound turned down on my laptop. Every time I shadow jumped, I could hear myself do it from her laptop speakers.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

T

Thiefy

You see a "Fog-Cloud" too, like dispel a summoned monster, too.

L

lysarius

players arounbd you hear the sound effect and they see a poof of smoke where you jumped from. (They dont see anything where you land)

Shadow jump will alert anyone who is paying attention to the fact that you are around. It will also let them know where you were. It just doesnt let them know where you are after the fact.

G

Thanks for the replies. I knew that I heard/saw something when I used SJ, I just didn't know that others did too. Very good to know!!!

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, tracking is delayed for about 3 seconds when someone shadow jumps, just so you know. So you have plenty of time to escape if your being tracked after jumping.