• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Detect Hidden training question

Jinx

Visitor
Does anybody have any current information on training Detect Hidden? I've found old posts from 2008 about using the axe-crate method to surround yourself with trapped boxes and use the Detect Hidden skill targeting the ground next to the chests to gain on multiple checks. When I use the skill, I never gain any skill while targeting the ground or myself & never do I get the message that a chest near me is trapped. If i target an individual chest, it will tell me it is trapped and the occasional gain. (55.8 currently)

Can anybody confirm if I'm doomed to target a single chest up to GM, or if at a certain skill level there really is an active use radius that would allow for checking multiple chests next to me.

Thank you for the help!

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All you need is one trapped chest to target.
But to maximize gains, you'll need different levels of Tinker trapped boxes, depending on your skill level.
So at 55.8, you'll probably want an expert or master Tinker to make a trapped box. Any higher is too difficult and has poor gains. Any lower and it's too easy and has poor gains.
A crystal ball of knowledge can really help you in this situation.
I wouldn't do GM trapped chests until you are around 65-70 in Detect Hidden.

Jinx

Visitor
Thank you for the reply. I'll go in search of a crystal ball shortly. I'm guessing that that also means that you cannot actively use the skill to check for trapped chests in an area, only passively?