• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Despair damage.

• Thread starter Lord GOD(GOD)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Since one of the reverts deleted my vollems I've been looking at a few other options for town fighting (as summons are obviously useless - unless you gate in and out constantly but who can be bothered with that) for the invasion. I've got some Spellweaving sitting idle so had been using some Dryad Allures but decided to change mastery from Provoke back to Discord again to see what the Despair damage was like.

So I find a guard, Discord it and with 120 Music/Discord/Prov Despair does a steady stream of 79. As I also have 106.something Peace sitting on a stone I tried putting that on as well to see if it would increase the damage and... it didn't, still 79.

Anyone know why? I expected to see some difference even if it was just 1.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dumb question but was it the same guard? I think they have a small range of values for resists and a difference of 1-2% could cause the damage to work out the same. The base damage difference for the extra point would have been about 6 physical.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Ah, no it was a different guard.

I didn't realise Despair still targeted a resist, I thought it did at first (Physical) but was changed to direct and lessened when the Slayer thing was added.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despair does physical damage
Tribulation used to do physical, but that was giving inconsistent results so was changed to direct.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's great to see the amount of input that your adding to this forum Logrus. I wanted to ask what was the reason for not allowing us to switch masteries on the run? I can understand not allowing us to run different masteries at one time but it's annoying haveing to go and relearn each whenever you wish to use a different one. Yes it's quick but without a sticky note I've found myself having to delay my party...any idea?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree also, even though switching masteries is easy enough I would love to switch between provo and discord spells on the field too.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know if slayer instruments increases damage for discord masteries?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that it was or is or does....I've yet to use that spell/song on anything though guildmates use it daily when we are out champing and report hefty numbers from it.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despair
PvP 1x Damage
PvM 1.5x Damage
PvM with Slayer 3x Damage (Or 2x the 1.5 for PvM)

Tribulation is the same damage PvP/PvM
Tribulation with slayer is 1.5x Damage.

Switching masteries doesn't fit into the big "master" plan which is about as much as I can say about that.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice!, could the bards be getting a little love? I can understand the mastery quests then.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm kinda excited!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despair
PvP 1x Damage
PvM 1.5x Damage
PvM with Slayer 3x Damage (Or 2x the 1.5 for PvM)

Tribulation is the same damage PvP/PvM
Tribulation with slayer is 1.5x Damage.

Switching masteries doesn't fit into the big "master" plan which is about as much as I can say about that.

Bummer. Thanks for the direct reply all the same. I would be against allowing combo's of the spells at one time but discoing 5 goats every 3 days is silly...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I'd like to be able to switch on the fly, but not mix them, so if you had Despair active you could only activate Tribulation. To use either of the Provoke ones you would need to deactivate both Discord ones, and with one of those active you could then only activate the other Provoke one.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what about super slayers and specific slayers? same dmg for both?