• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Designing a 18x18 House...Need Ideas!!!

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am planning on building on my 18x18 plot. I want to have 4 levels and a different theme maybe on each level? Give me some of your ideas/pictures! Having a hard time coming up with things and would love your input or pictures to give me some ideas!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can check www.uohomedecor.com for the house tours and various pictures of places I've designed/decoed through the years for inspiration.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well building a house is a very personal thing. With me my first floor is usually a tavern. 2nd floor is like a bedroom and library kinda thing. 3rd floor I do a crafting area or mage room. Then on the roof I like raised garden beds and outdoor stuff. I throw a few rooms into the various floors for a bedroom or a room for secure chests or a prison cell or whatever. Wide open rooms are easier to decorate but a few little rooms can be nice and make more sense in an RP fashion.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i agree with captain lucky, when designing and decorating a house, first think of what rooms and themes you want.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had a few designs back in the day that I really liked....probably not what you are looking for but it might give you a few ideas.

Back when there were such things as player-run towns (On Origin at least) we had several buildings...auction house, library, town hall/jail, tavern etc.

Unfortunately I lost all but a few, this is the library (No images of the inside) And a bit small :(

library.jpg

My auction house (Designed after the original Europa Auction House if anyone remembers that :) )

Auction.jpg

Then I moved my auction house to Zento to be closer to a moongate

Zento.jpg

This, by far, was my favorite, I actually re-did this design a few times and wish I had an 18x18 to do it again...no interior images again but it was REALLY cool lol.

FelHouse.jpg

I know that with the new craftables, things can be done now that couldn't back then, but I still think that if you don't want or need extra floors, you can do some pretty amazing things with what you have.