• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub Burger Challenge!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 99 Cent Eat-A-thon crew has a new challenge!

What: Denny's Beer Barrel Pub Burger Challenge

Event: The 2lb Pub Challenger
Two Full Pounds of Beef! Run through the garden. If you eat ALL the burger in one hour you will receive a Denny's Pub T-Shirt, a completion certificate, 50% of the price, and you're put into the Hall of Fame!

See the burgers here. The 2lb is in the top right corner.

When:
Saturday August 22nd, 2009

Where:
Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield,PA

Video of some brave guys completing the challenge.

We have at least three willing participants, including myself, who plan to tackle the challenge. This Saturday I plan to make (2) 1lb burgers to simulate the 2lb challenge. I will attempt to eat them within one hour. Can it be done? Stay tuned to this thread for the latest on this gut wrenching challenge!

S

soupandquackers

Sounds fun and good but wouldn't go all the way to Pa for it.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good grief, how do you stay skinny with hobbies like this??

L

Little Sadie

Woot! That sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the results. Take pics! Good luck!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good grief, how do you stay skinny with hobbies like this??
Haha, lots of walking on the treadmill!

But ugghh, I did the 2lb challenge practice session over lunch. Each burger had 1lb of angus beef, divided into 3 patties. The first one went down pretty quick, in about 12 minutes I think. The second one became a challenge, and I finished it all except 1 1/2 patties of beef. I had to lay down for about 30 minutes to let it all settle, it was quite a powerful lunch..lol

It's going to be a real challenge, but I'll give it a shot! I actually recorded the full hour of me trying to eat the two burgers. I may just post some screenshots, as you could imagine the video got kinda boring at parts. I'll post them up later tonight!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We made the journey to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, PA today. Leaving at 9:45am we arrived at Denny's around 11:15am, quicker than expected. We picked a table in the bar area near the hall of fame wall for inspiration. One member couldn't make it do to other obligations, however we did order him a 2lber to go which we brought home to him.

Luckily we got there when we did, as the place filled up fast. It took a good 30-40 minutes for the burgers to arrive. When they did the whole place was in shock and awe. Then they took our pictures and we could start. Now this thing is 2lbs, after cooking. Before cooking it's about 3lbs of meat, which is like woah. We basically just ate it in pieces and I mainly ate the meat, as the bun was huge. About 40 minutes in we both slowed down and it was starting to set in that it wasn't going to happen. I was stuffed to the point of getting sick, but I figured I wouldn't push myself to that point. The hour passed and we both put a white flag in the remaining burger to call it quits. We both FAILED the challenge, but it was a fairly good burger and it was all about saying that we did it. I put all the pics up on my Facebook, you can view the album by going here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=103775&id=712642468&l=02993c6ed3

Warning to all vegetarians, some of the photos are graphic!

The next challenge will be a Cici's Pizza Challenge between a few of us coming up next month probably. I PWN at eating pizza, I think I can become victorious!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Further warning.. there is one pic where it looks like Kenny's friend is gonna hurl. lol

Looks like you guys had fun. Maybe next time! Did anyone manage to eat the whole thing?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Further warning.. there is one pic where it looks like Kenny's friend is gonna hurl. lol

Looks like you guys had fun. Maybe next time! Did anyone manage to eat the whole thing?
Haha, his gf was watching us both each time thinking we were actually going to hurl. Someone else was doing it also when we were there, but not sure how they made out. They seem to have winners almost every week they post on the website. A 40 some year old woman completed the 3lb burger in 20 minutes, insane. They called her "rubber gut" I think!

G

Granjell

Wow - awesome attempt anyway - congrats on the whole experience. Something to tell the grandkids someday.

S

soupandquackers

I would love to do a Cici's pizza challenge, I can clean that place out.

L

Little Sadie

WTG Kenny for eating as much as you did. That burger was huge! It wasn't the most appetizing looking thing either. I'm looking forward to the Cici Challenge. Mangiare molto!!!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I had forgotten about this whole thing until I saw your profile picture....I knew exactly what that was saying without even looking on here!!! lol Good try and you are right, it is all about the attempt! Look forward to you pizza challenge!:thumbup1:

C

Crazy Fireball

I was looking threw the pics and when i saw the burger i was like

OMG!

I Could eat it, but im a teenager and they eat anything LOL

T

TubbyHile

They just showed this place on the Colbert Report. Some guy is going for that super huge burger.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They just showed this place on the Colbert Report. Some guy is going for that super huge burger.
That's awesome! I want to get a 100lber just to have my picture taken by that. Gotta get a big gang together to help eat it though. Let me know if anyone is going to up for that..haha

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are going back out to Denny's Pub tomorrow. The other dude from the first time and his one co-worker are going to attempt to do it again. I though am not putting myself through that again haha Should be fun to watch the action this time!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh heck I forgot to to mention how it went on Saturday! He got one step closer eating all the toppings and bun at 10 minutes each. He had 40 minutes to eat the burger but said the burger had a different texture and was unappetizing. The other guy didn't stand a chance..haha

The beginning of March we are going to the Arnold Classic Expo in Columbus, OH again and going to the Ohio Deli to do the Dagwood Challenge. Then on the way home we either are stopping at Denny's again or a place in Pittsburgh that has a 3lb Gyro challenge. It's kinda ironic we are going to a fitness expo and then shoving all this really health food in after! Either way I'll have pics.