• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Demon "Invasion"

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks.

Just wanted to post a quick notice about this, as there seems to be some worries voiced in various places.

This is not a full scale "invasion." Everyday for the next week demons will be found in a handful of random cities ("Virtue" cities, at least). This is tied into the current arc, and the demons are being sent by Relvinian. There will be more fiction soon where it will be mentioned a bit more.

In terms of their difficulty, they are obviously a little bit harder than your standard demon. One out of thirty or so is one that is not suitable for the solo player - these ones should appear in a different hue, but with the same name. I can assure everyone that despite certain...suggestions...that have been made, there is not a chance you will encounter a "screen full" of one-hit monsters. In fact, it would take quite an effort (and Beyond-Legendary Herding) to wrangle enough of these monsters for there to be a screen full of the lesser ones.

I hope this clears up any questions you may have. Thanks!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barnaby, would it be possible to have some Daemons spawn also day time for those Catskills players who are not able to participate evening/nights ?

I have heard that they have been found, so far, only night time so, arranging for them to also spawn in the mornings would perhaps make also other players happy and glad to participate.........

It would also be of help to have the cryers make some sort of an announcement when new Daemons spawn and also at least a range of their spawning whereabouts because to always check all involved towns every half hour or so "just in case..." is a pain.....

Thank you.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really just a small "extra" to kind of call attention to the conclusion of the current story arc - it is not meant to be an "event" in its own right. They have actually spawned at various times - including mornings, on a number of occasions. Running some fuller, morning/daytime events is actually something I want to do more off in the coming months after this arc concludes next week.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really just a small "extra" to kind of call attention to the conclusion of the current story arc - it is not meant to be an "event" in its own right. They have actually spawned at various times - including mornings, on a number of occasions. Running some fuller, morning/daytime events is actually something I want to do more off in the coming months after this arc concludes next week.

Because of shifts and work schedules I often happen to log mornings rather than than evenings or nights and there is quite a few fellow players on the shard during mornings..... having Events' spawns also cycle mornings would fit those who cannot play evenings or nights, for whatever reasons.

Thanks for the good work, too bad I was only able to find 1 Daemon spared from the previous night (I assume...) and thus I missed most of the evening/nights spawns, unfortunately.

Hopefully next time I will be able to participate more if the spawns can fit also my schedule as well as of others unable to play evening/nights..... I was looking forward to be able to help kill a few Crimmy Draemons for the chance to a Crimson Cincture though, Too bad for this Event I could not get to hunt any....

Before the current Daemons' spawns end would it be possible to have a few more Daemons spawn mornings ? At least we can try to "catch up" all of the evenings/nights missed.....

Thanks !!