• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Demolished house - still on timer?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`ve been roaming the Atlantic shard for a place to settle in, and found a spot. Even though Europa is busy, I need a feel of a more busier shard from time to time :) Quickly nabbed it and started to move in. However, what I didn`t anticipate was the spawn, and since my characters really can`t defend themselves much yet - I thought I should look for another place. So I demolished and started out to hunt for another, safer spot.

But, even though I have demolished the plot the whole account is on the timer. I tested it on various places and then went back to the former place and tried to place again. What happens now is that it "places" for a few seconds, then vanishes. I get the usual timer message.

I thought if you demolished the house you were free to place again? Or did I miss something?

T

The Home Guild

Make sure there is no home on euro shard.
Timer is for recieving homes only.
if your acct is free and clear of any homes then yes you can place all day long.. but consider the 1 hr timer each drop.

I hope that helps.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure there is no home on euro shard.
Timer is for recieving homes only.
if your acct is free and clear of any homes then yes you can place all day long.. but consider the 1 hr timer each drop.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply.
The account is free of houses, sans the one I demolished. I also thought i could place all day, but clearly that is not true.

1 hour time each drop?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something must of changed in the last Pub, because I was always able to place once I demolished a house. even if I placed 3 that day. Try and see if you can place today.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They really make things quite convoluted with housing, and yet don't bother to put in new system messages. So players get hosed this way, probably quite often.

Not that I place a lot, but I make sure I'm happy with what I'm going to do before I confirm. And if I'm just testing I make sure that character's bank is empty so I don't accidentally place.

Good luck getting a nice spot on Atlantic! :p

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what I think is happening:

I had a house on the account, but unsubscribed many months ago so the house went idoc and fell. Yes I have checked. I just opened the account yesterday, the same day I placed. It seems the system still thinks I have a house on the account, and reacts accordingly somehow. A friend of mine told me the whole "getting to place but then it vanishes" is what you get when you still have a house on the account.

It might clear up after server down, and my account getting in sync. If not, well - then I am officially hosed - a week ...

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked, still on timer.

So, it either changed in the last publish - or my account is just bugged. Now I need to wait out the timer.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things are really strange with housing at times. I used to do a lot of idocs and one account that I had, reacted the same way you're experiencing. If it had placed or received a house, you couldn't place another house on that account for a week. I finally just used that account to hold a keep I wanted to keep and used another account to place at idocs.

Never could figure out why, but that one account was the only one with that problem.

Good Luck with your househunting;)

Ken

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah my main account acts that way, it's always had placing issues. Lucky I have used it to hold the current house it has for a long time, or I'm sure I'd go bonkers. Sometimes those older accounts get bugged and do weird things, it's quite annoying.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should read: Oops I did it again.. I think.

This time intentionally as I wanted to check what was going on. Maybe you all have had this figured out already....

I demolished today - a house that had been on the account a few weeks. Placed another one a few minutes after, no problems - then demolished again. Used the tool to get the gump - no message, but after I had tried to place I got the message I had to wait X amount of hours. Logged back in after an hour and got the same message.

This is the catch: When demolishing a house, you NEED to wait one hour before you try to place again, otherwise you will be caught in the 7 day timer delay. Or so it seems, as I have not yet tried to wait an hour then place.

If it`s a bug or feature I don`t know. But once you are on the timer, it will NOT reset, even if the account is free of houses. If anyone else has other experiences let me know.

Edit: This was on the same account as in my original post btw - it might just be that it`s a confirmation that it`s still bugged.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like an awful bug, I do not think it's supposed to be that way. From what I recall it should tell you that you are unable to place, instead of hitting you with the week long timer for even trying.

Ugh.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been getting this too - a week long timer for what should be a simple 1 hour post-demo wait.

L

LordWinters

This should read: Oops I did it again.. I think.

This time intentionally as I wanted to check what was going on. Maybe you all have had this figured out already....

I demolished today - a house that had been on the account a few weeks. Placed another one a few minutes after, no problems - then demolished again. Used the tool to get the gump - no message, but after I had tried to place I got the message I had to wait X amount of hours. Logged back in after an hour and got the same message.

This is the catch: When demolishing a house, you NEED to wait one hour before you try to place again, otherwise you will be caught in the 7 day timer delay. Or so it seems, as I have not yet tried to wait an hour then place.

If it`s a bug or feature I don`t know. But once you are on the timer, it will NOT reset, even if the account is free of houses. If anyone else has other experiences let me know.

Edit: This was on the same account as in my original post btw - it might just be that it`s a confirmation that it`s still bugged.
This definately sounds like a bug,if you demolish a house you do have to wait 1hr to demolish a 2nd time,but you should be able to place immediately.

L

LordWinters

Another thing to add,the message about the week timer may not actually stop you from placing.

I've had this message before and it still placed anyways.If it is placing for a few seconds and then disappears,make sure that size house will actually fit.This has happened to me also and usually if I try a smaller house size it works.

Best of luck to you.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I place and it disappears after a few seconds. And I am sure it fits, as I have tried many different sizes on many a different plot of land.

I am wondering about the demolish thing - maybe that is what sent my account for a spin - as I demolished two houses in a 30 min time frame. But then I should have recieved a message when I tried to demolished the second house? Is it what usually happens, that the game will not let you demolish?

I am trying to figure out what to write in the bug report - so it makes sense and it can be reproduced.

L

LordWinters

Yes, I place and it disappears after a few seconds. And I am sure it fits, as I have tried many different sizes on many a different plot of land.

I am wondering about the demolish thing - maybe that is what sent my account for a spin - as I demolished two houses in a 30 min time frame. But then I should have recieved a message when I tried to demolished the second house? Is it what usually happens, that the game will not let you demolish?

I am trying to figure out what to write in the bug report - so it makes sense and it can be reproduced.

From my experiences,you can demolish only 1 time per hour.If you haven't demo'd in last hr you can place then demo,then place again.Then you must wait an hr to demo the 2nd time.

From reading your post's,it sounds as if you may have been able to demo a 2nd time in under an hr and this may have thrown everything off as far as placing a house,(ie put you on the 7 day timer).

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From reading your post's,it sounds as if you may have been able to demo a 2nd time in under an hr and this may have thrown everything off as far as placing a house,(ie put you on the 7 day timer).
Yes. Question is if that is something that is intentional or not. Do you normally get a message when trying to demolish a second time?

L

LordWinters

Yes. Question is if that is something that is intentional or not. Do you normally get a message when trying to demolish a second time?

Yes,I tested this just an hr or so ago_Once you demo the 1st house you can place again,but when trying to demo the 2nd time it says you must wait an hr.This is the message I normally get.

L

LordWinters

The house placement system does act really goofy sometimes.About 2 month's ago I demo'd a plot and placed a new one,then tinkered with a new plot right next to the one I just placed and bam I placed again.had 2 plots next to each other on same character within 5 minutes of each other.When the 2nd one placed the 1st one started to decay.

The housing definately has some bugs when it comes to placing.