• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Definition: Theif

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theif (thf)
n. pl. theives, theifs (thvz)(thfs)
One who steals, from crates, dungeon floors and monsters.

[Middle English, from Old English thof.]
Since there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding from the general public, I thought I would clarify this a little...la

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what your source is, but it's wrong.

The plural of theif is theifs.

D

Darien

Hmmm. Good to know.

I always thought it was:
(http://www.merriam-webster.com/)
Main Entry: thief
Pronunciation: \ˈthēf\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural thieves \ˈthēvz\
Etymology: Middle English theef, from Old English thēof; akin to Old High German diob thief
Date: before 12th century
: one that steals especially stealthily or secretly ; also : one who commits theft or larceny.

So one would say that a thief could be one that steals off the floor and off monsters.

(I know ithe original post was supose to be a joke of sorts and make a point. I just think it is a point that is lacking in logic and brought up way too much.)

D

Darien

Ahh that does make more sense.
I really do like to keep up with the current definitions.
Especially when I am skilling up my thief. I would not want to make the wrong Thief.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh that does make more sense.
I really do like to keep up with the current definitions.
Especially when I am skilling up my thief. I would not want to make the wrong Thief.
Yeah...the thief vs theif thing has been around this forum for years now...la

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal favorite is from the 'Urban Dictionary':
1. Theif a dislesxic stealer purhson thad dunt spel two gud.
Stob thut theif!

G

GL_Seller

Yeah, I remember the days when someone whould come here for a list of the daily rares, lol. Fun times...la
So stealing the daily spawned rares off the ground is more thief like then stealing from a monster. Just wanted to get a gauge of whats allowed and not. Stealing off the ground respectable. Stealing from a monster not respectable.

Also add this to your theft of the week i stole a keep w/o using a thief. Does that make me a badass thief....Didnt even have to use the skill.....

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So stealing the daily spawned rares off the ground is more thief like then stealing from a monster. Just wanted to get a gauge of whats allowed and not. Stealing off the ground respectable. Stealing from a monster not respectable.

Also add this to your theft of the week i stole a keep w/o using a thief. Does that make me a badass thief....Didnt even have to use the skill.....

Niether is respectable and no ones suggested otherwise (well no one that isn't a loser)

And presumably that makes you a scammer not a thief

S

Sweeney

Hey I'll give props so someone that stole a keep.. although that's practically impossible now. How sir did you manage that?

G

GL_Seller

I neither scammed nor did anything illegal. It was almost as if it was gifted to me. BTW this was less then a year or so ago....on one of the busiest shards where keeps sell for 100+ mill easily so i guess my theft has to rank up there eh? Ill go back to stealing balms now.

T

The Green Thief

Niether is respectable and no ones suggested otherwise (well no one that isn't a loser)

And presumably that makes you a scammer not a thief
Since you seem so ready to call other people out for stupid typos, try this on for size:

Neither...la

S

Shinobi

Ok i noticed this a while back, but i wasn't going to bring it up because i thought it'd be kind of childish...and then i recently found this post while reading through the thief forum:

"Your a thief, people are going to hate you regardless of what you steal." Shinobi. Look this guy up if you want to learn how to be a real thief on the modern shards. And it doesnt mean "persuasion" or "scamming"
ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Shin to use your instead of you're. He couldn't cut it in the S|S so after he was kicked out, he made POO. And you want to talk about 15 year old reds? POO, really?...la
After reading that, i noticed this thread. So now i just can't resist...

There were 87 posts on the thread, and guess who was the ONLY one to make the error...that's right:

Like I mentioned before, try to get someone with theif experience (PvP thief) on the team. There have been former players brought onto the team in the past. Nothing can give them a better incite into the profession then from someone who has played as a thief over the years...la
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=115305

Apparently Rico isn't going to make the team...la.

P.S. Think i'll actually make this my sig...better rush and edit that post before anyone sees it Rico, oh noooooooooo hurry.

P.P.S. ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Rico to use then instead of than.

ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Rico to use incite instead of insight.

S

Sweeney

I neither scammed nor did anything illegal. It was almost as if it was gifted to me. BTW this was less then a year or so ago....on one of the busiest shards where keeps sell for 100+ mill easily so i guess my theft has to rank up there eh? Ill go back to stealing balms now.
Knew you were full of it. Who bother posting such a feat if you knew it was a BS friend-giveaway? Go back to Selling now you worthless fool.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i noticed this a while back, but i wasn't going to bring it up because i thought it'd be kind of childish...and then i recently found this post while reading through the thief forum:

"Your a thief, people are going to hate you regardless of what you steal." Shinobi. Look this guy up if you want to learn how to be a real thief on the modern shards. And it doesnt mean "persuasion" or "scamming"
ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Shin to use your instead of you're. He couldn't cut it in the S|S so after he was kicked out, he made POO. And you want to talk about 15 year old reds? POO, really?...la
After reading that, i noticed this thread. So now i just can't resist...

There were 87 posts on the thread, and guess who was the ONLY one to make the error...that's right:

Like I mentioned before, try to get someone with theif experience (PvP thief) on the team. There have been former players brought onto the team in the past. Nothing can give them a better incite into the profession then from someone who has played as a thief over the years...la
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=115305

Apparently Rico isn't going to make the team...la.

P.S. Think i'll actually make this my sig...better rush and edit that post before anyone sees it Rico, oh noooooooooo hurry.

P.P.S. ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Rico to use then instead of than.

ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Rico to use incite instead of insight.
I thought you had quit posting here?

Sounds like you lied...la