• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defective Ecru ring?

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok - I decided to make an Ecru Citrine ring. Collected materials and used GM Tinker toon, equipped 21% Tink Exceptional Talisman.

Ring was made successfully made on first attempt. However, the attributes were only:

Str 7
Phy resist 1%

NO Enhamce Potions which I thought was the default attribute at 50%

Does the Tinker have to have additional skills levelled in order to inbue the ring with EP? Does having additional skills such as Magery affect the additional attributes the ring might possess? If so, are these affected (as they are in some other areas of the game) by the skill level of the Tinker?

I can accept there is a wide range of quality/quantity of attributes that an Ecru ring might possess - but how did I make one with no EP??

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks if anyone can clear this up for me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe that there is about an equal chance (if not greater) that you get a STR bonus instead of EP on ecru rings - It's not a "default" property by any means. For that matter, there's a chance you'll get a booby prize EP value of 5% instead of the 50%.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few days ago I made an ecru ring with great mods, but only 15% EP. Luckily I didn't throw it away, as the next day I looked at it again and it had changed to 50% EP :)

C

Calla Lily

It changed?? I made one each of all the magical jewelry today (as a holiday gift for someone), and the base properties listed in UOGuide for each piece didn't always match what I made, although each piece I made for the gift was exceptional and marked. I have 100 tinkering and use a 24/26 talisman. I was surprised that a non-exceptional piece did have the base property listed on the website, but the same exceptional piece did not. I can't tell you which bracelet it is right now because I can't get into UO at the moment, but is the info on the website incorrect? You'd think an exceptional piece would have better properties than a non-exceptional piece.

R

Robthemilt

So tinkering really is as simple as make the item and pray?

R

RichDC

Yes, Str bonus is the default mod for ecrus, EP is the rare mod.

Fire resist is the default mod for fire ruby bracelets, Hpr is rare.

Not sure what the default is but 5%ssi is the rare mod on the turqouse rings.

D

Destiny<3

Yes I make a lot of useless rings even with 100tinkering and 28/24 tally =/