• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defeating Cora

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not-soloable that i saw, but 2-peopleable if done smart. If not done smart, you need 3+(dexer/discoer/healers)
I'd like see see three healers form a chorus from the balcony, shining light and saying "AMEN" while the disco gets his boogie and the tank counts his hit points between feints.

Cora is like a Crystal Hydra, no? So a two-man tag team needs to rock 150+ some odd HP and will be hit for 120 damage at an instance?

The idea of a peerless that's easier with less people has been done before. I'd call it a travesty but I'll be honest, I just wanted that strong box quest after awhile, I had enough eyes.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Switched up tactics----

Took my fencing Sampire. Wife took her Tamer, but just used to heal and boxed my bard for discord.

Took about 30 minutes- at the end she started walking around... was really annoying.

She is affected by WOD, but she started summoning the caster.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got gloves off Cora--- looks like 12 mods (sucks that it is cursed)

Fire Eater 15%
int 4
hpr 1
sr 2
mr 1
luck -100
lmc 8
phy 17
fire 19
cold 18
poi 13
ener 18

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like see see three healers form a chorus from the balcony, shining light and saying "AMEN" while the disco gets his boogie and the tank counts his hit points between feints.

Cora is like a Crystal Hydra, no? So a two-man tag team needs to rock 150+ some odd HP and will be hit for 120 damage at an instance?

The idea of a peerless that's easier with less people has been done before. I'd call it a travesty but I'll be honest, I just wanted that strong box quest after awhile, I had enough eyes.
Not neccesarily, depends on the templates and tactics running. I'm being coy because id rather not give out our tactic at this time, i'm just saying its possible and fairly easy once you do it. We had the same trouble as everyone else initially (everyone on the screen dieing).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you stand directly on top of her, you will not get hit by her lightning/mana drain thing. Though, she still cast mana vamp on you. I still haven't figured out how to keep her from parrying all the damn time... maybe will have to disarm her....

Illumina Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i want to know too its been 20 min so far anoying
I think may range a bit, but I'd say about 45mins seems average.

I'm using this style weapon on her, and it works great. After a few minutes of fighting she has no magic. (no more 40dmg flame strikes)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I am using my generic leaf blade with HLA 50, HML 68, HLL 68, HSL 50. Feint is huge until she gets discorded.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We'll set a new record tonight Cetric. I was at a birthday party last night.
Haha, i'll be on late, but better than never, if only GL wasn't so sad in the ingredient market, i could of made my new piece of equipment for it last night.

*kicks bucket*

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Since Cetric is being selfish with his strategy ;) I'll throw out my experiences and maybe he'll chime in with a thumbs up if I'm in the ballpark of what he's been doing.

It seems the best combo is a melee fighter and a mystic/mage/discorder. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference whether the melee fighter is a Sampire, Wammy or Healing Dexxer. All that matters is they're doing max damage through EoO and Perfection and have a good char set up. The more HP's the melee char has the better. The support char is there to discord, heal and remove curses.

Done it several times with the above mentioned set up, sometimes with 1 support char and a few with 2 support chars. Takes about 10 minutes and usually no one dies.

Now what not to do. As someone else mentioned it appears that the more things hitting her (Players, summons, pets), the more of those 60 point snot balls she sends out. So it's best to only have one thing attacking her with everyone else in a support role. Sorry Tamers, but walking in with 3 Greater Dragons and saying "all kill" is dumb and a death sentence for everyone. Also I don't think a Greater Dragon is going to be the best choice as the thing you want attacking, better off using a melee char. Seen 2 Greater Dragons attacking her and they only had her at half life after 45 minutes, plus both tamers and everyone else around died multiple times. 1 Greater Dragon would probably take 2 hours to kill her. So best to use a melee fighter who is going to out damage the dragon by a mile.

Unless anyone else has seen differently, I believe this is how it works. Part of the reason I posted this is to get the word out to leave your Tamer at home and if you go down there on your no magery char and someone is there tanking it, best to walk out and go get a char with magery and go back and play support. I've played the support role about a dozen times and have gotten looting rights every single time, despite not doing a single point of damage to Cora.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless your character is a melee/tamer, tamers are just about useless for Cora. It seems that any time a pet damages Cora, she summons the tamer.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not including the negative mods (-100 luck, cursed, brittle, cannot be repaired) got several more 11 mod items from Cora. I haven't done Shame that much to know it that is normal.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I had never gotten a Legendary item in Shame, but have gotten several off Cora. Of course they're all either cursed, brittle or cannot be repaired.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
unless your character is a melee/tamer, tamers are just about useless for Cora. It seems that any time a pet damages Cora, she summons the tamer.
Yep.

Honestly I'm thinking I'll be doing most of mine in Fel from now on. To many times I've been in Tram with a couple people following the strategy I outlined above and some other player will come strolling in with their GD or some other char and start attacking Cora. Suddenly she starts throwing out multiple 60 point snot balls and everyone dies (I don't know what they really are, but they're those blue, red, brown, etc balls that hit for 60 in all 70's).

To many people are used to saying "all kill" or attacking something with 10 Sampires and calling it a day. This boss really seems to go smooth with only 1 person attacking it and everyone else playing support.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, she summons anyone who attacks her, cast a spell on her, anything like that, you will get summoned.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
She did me at the event on TC1... however she wasn't attacking my tamer... just holding her there. So I was able to stand right there ontop of her with my pet there kicking her... I never moved from where she pulled me. And my Tamer has crap resists luck suit.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didn't say she attacked the tamer, just that she summons them. Maybe I could have cleared that up... but it really didn't matter, because of all the fireballs that soon followed killed everyone in range anyway.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not neccesarily, depends on the templates and tactics running. I'm being coy because id rather not give out our tactic at this time, i'm just saying its possible and fairly easy once you do it. We had the same trouble as everyone else initially (everyone on the screen dieing).
If it involves nether cyclones through the wall I'm going to **** lol

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Has anyone tested a Mage Slayer? Does it have any effect?

Any indication of her lowest resist?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS--we definitely need some sort of indication as to when Cora is coming back. 45 mins is balls. Do we have to run a Cora cam just to know if she's up or not? lol

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah the respawn is way to slow. I've taken to leaving my stealther there just so I can check if she's even spawned.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
takes me about 15-20 mins to solo it with 2 accounts. all depends on how often she parry's me.

it takes roughly 40-60 mins for her to respawn, unless her respawn rate has something to do with the void pool battle...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tested a Mage Slayer? Does it have any effect?

Any indication of her lowest resist?
Mage slayer doesn't seem to affect damage to her, so it doesn't seem there is a slayer for her.

As far as her resistances go Cold damage seems to hit her the hardest. but its not much harder, so her resistances seem pretty well balanced.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think may range a bit, but I'd say about 45mins seems average.

I'm using this style weapon on her, and it works great. After a few minutes of fighting she has no magic. (no more 40dmg flame strikes)
Hit Mana Leech, doesn't actually reduce your opponent's mana. It just gives you mana based on the damage you dealt (and is a bit randomised).
Hit Mana Drain actually damages your opponents Mana, making them unable to cast after awhile.
Wraith Form not only damages your opponent's Mana, but also leeches the mana and gives it to you. GM SS gives you about 40% Mana Leech/Drain in Wraith Form. However, when the opponent runs out of Mana, you won't be able to leech crap through Wraith Form (Unless the monster regenerates Mana extremely fast, like a Paragon), which is why a Mana Leech wep on top of Wraith Form is just awesome. With Curse Weapon, you also got 50% true Life Leech (Not the nerfed randomized Life Leech property for weps). Why i love my 2 Whammies.

My friend made a reforged suit a couple weeks ago that we'll have to test out on Cora. It's all 70's Resists (95 Fire for Vamp Form), 30% in every Damage Eater (Wall of Hungry Mouths FTW), and has 45% HCI/45% DCI. Combine that with a GM Armored Swamp Dragon, and that's a crapton of damage mitigation. Wonder how much damage Cora would do to him.

Mage slayer doesn't seem to affect damage to her, so it doesn't seem there is a slayer for her.

As far as her resistances go Cold damage seems to hit her the hardest. but its not much harder, so her resistances seem pretty well balanced.
Does she Remove Curse herself? Otherwise a Evil Omen+Corpse Skin (EO for longer duration on Corpse Skin) while she's Discoed would likely make her take quite a bit more damage. I reforged a couple Kats to 100% Fire Damage then imbued them for my Necro/Swordsman (Whammy) so i could Corpse Skin to make my opponents take more damage, considering he doesn't have Chiv for Con Wep.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She does not seem to remove curse on her self at all, so "debuff spells" should last the full duration. assuming she has a mid level [100-140] Resisting Spells Skill. so that could work corpse skin with 100% fire/poison weapons.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She does not seem to remove curse on her self at all, so "debuff spells" should last the full duration. assuming she has a mid level [100-140] Resisting Spells Skill. so that could work corpse skin with 100% fire/poison weapons.
Even if she had something like 200+ Resist (Which Rotts and Golems have), a EO will halve her Resist, making Corpse Skin possible. With Disco further reducing her Resist, she's definately vulnerable to Corpse Skin.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can fight her with more people other than tank and healers. What you do is stay out of range and once you see that aoe bomb go off, un in and hit her with a few armor ignores or other moves and run back out and wait till the next bomb. If timed correctly, she will die much faster, more people can be involved, and no one dies. But ya tamer's stay home unless your dragon does the tanking and you stay dead the full time. Do not do any poison, or bleed attacks or summon's or she will keep summoning you and if your in her range for the aoe, everyone wipes.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not time it specifically, but with my Sampire and a discoer/healer, she took 10 to 12 min, to kill. One fight the healer never got hit, the other fight the healer took a pounding, I think there are some spots where you can "hide" from her breath attack.

Oh, for the record, I was using a 100% fire bladed staff, with swing speed, ML, SL, and HDL on it. Fire is not her weakest resist, as consecrate was increasing my damage. I would guess poison is her weakest, still need more testing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So if she is not repond, she is not doing double damage to those with Conjurer's Trinkets with Undead Slayer. Correct?

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You can use a tamer...you have to leave your pet in there, tell it to stay, to guard you, run off a few screens and recall out...
She cant tele you through facets ;)

Tested this yesterday, it works...would be interresteing what happens if 10 tamers with gd's doing that...

Still need different people to kept the Dragons healed thought...and will have to be back in dungeon when she goes down to get looting rights...

Might be interresting what happens if you recall out but reenter dungeon on a different level, if she still would tele you through walls...

If you just run up the stairs back to level 3 you will get teleported down, we tested that...and it will end in a great OOOooooOOOOOooo Story...hehe

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just use a healing sampire and stand against the outside wall hitting her and have 2 bards in party doing all the buffs on the inside of the wall. I have killed her 4 times so far and no drops.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cora seems to do her breath on clock work as well... ~20-25 seconds. So, you can time when to run others in and out of her target area.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
6 minutes 24 seconds last night.... gl went down right when she respawned again and wasnt waiting around another 45 minutes. respawn timer is horrible.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I hate the respawn timer myself... looking at her level of loot (I am getting 5+ legendary artifacts per kill) I think that if they reduced her spawn timer, they would need to lower the level of loot.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was in midfight with her and she just vanished on us. It was like she casted Invis and never returned.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was in midfight with her and she just vanished on us. It was like she casted Invis and never returned.
Sometimes a spawn will despawn. I'm not sure why it happens, and that has to be really annoying for the sake of a Cora fight. It usually happens to me on minor stuff.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cora goes down quite a bit faster between Disco and Corpse Skin being on her. Tested it on her earlier.

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is she supposed to be spitting two fireballs nearly instantly from one another? i keep getting 2 shotted in 2 seconds by a 96dmg fireball and a second right after for 96. is this normal?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

From what I can tell, anyone in her range causes her to generate a fireball and that each person in her range gets targeted. Example- if there are 3 people in her range- she will shoot 3 fireballs.

EDIT- that means she will shoot 3 fireballs at 3 people.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i have donea few done, me mage healing a sampire, No Disco took about 20 mins. no deaths.

The Key is to stand out of range but just in range to heal the sampire.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well i have donea few done, me mage healing a sampire, No Disco took about 20 mins. no deaths.

The Key is to stand out of range but just in range to heal the sampire.
Yep.

My wife and I have been killin Cora for about a week now. I'm on a dexxer and she's on a Discord/Mage with enough Chiv to remove curse.

I was originally using my Sampire, but decide the life leech wasn't worth it so I took of the necro and have Anatomy instead. Since my wife keeps me fully healed I don't need any healing. Usually takes about 20 minutes, but sometimes I get the "Failed to find a path" message when trying to Honor her even though she's just standing there 3 tiles from me. Had to kill her a few times when I could not get the Honor before Cora either blessed herself or came speeding over and took damage. In those cases it takes a long time.

Haven't got a single drop yet. Between her long respawn time and the seemingly low drop rate. I'm starting to wonder just how long it will be before I can get that Shield I need. :sad2:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honor myself so that I can run up to her.

I then pull her to the east side of the building. Once there and the healers have the range (usually just my wife) I'll run my bard in and discord her. Once she is discorded, I'll park him inside the building so that I can get the bonus of his songs.

Things usually go pretty smoothly until some idiot decides that he knows better, is in the range where she'll hit them with a fireball then it's trying to keep the situation from causing her to kill everyone.