• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Deed Disaster has me distraught

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first post because I can not find in game answers.

I cleared a bedroom to attempt to see what the Anniversary Reward, Codex of Wisdom, looked like. I had a Tall Elven Bed with a Polar Bear Rug(two total) tucked under the bed on each side. In addition, I had an Ornate Elvin Chest with a Mounted Pixie above it. I could not (and still can not) get the Codex to manifest but more upsetting is the fact that my once beautiful (and symmetrical) bedroom can not be redecorated in it's orginal state. It appears that the deeds, now, will not overlap in any way and they seem to take up more space than before. The Pixie and Chest will not deed close together (Pixie on wall;Chest on floor) and the Bed and Polar Bear Rug are so far apart now that the second rug can not even fit in the room.

I hope that I have explained this well enough because I do not have screenshots nor do I know how to use that program. I am hoping that this is a bug; like the way that the dialogue/speech of my character keeps stacking on top of the sentence spoken before. This is my last attempt to restore my bedroom and then I will have no choice but to accept it and redesign with regret.

Thank you for reading my whine,
Baja Cry-Baby
:sad3:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
many people (including me!) upset about the very same thing :( you have understanding here, even tho there is nothing we can do to fix it for us..... hopefully the developers can :)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes somthing was broken with the last publish

You and ALOT of other decorators are hoping that they fix this issue.

I have 1/2 a hedge maze with mini houses on the roof of my castle waiting on a hopeful fix.

If not i would suggest to anyone who has complex decorations using Gozas and other deed items in conjunction not undoo what you have already completed.

SA

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your replies. Knowing I am not alone is an odd comfort but a comfort none the less. *smiles resolutely* I will have patience & faith.

M

MeganSmiles

Oh dear!! my once beautiful house is totally messed up. If only I had read this before I went into customize mode. No curtains over the bed?!! No rugs beneath tables? My gargoyle couches are useless! Hope they can fix this soon.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what exactly is happening? things take up more space now?

*looking for post about the crate/front door thing*

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MeganSmiles- I feel for you; as do many others. I am grateful that I lost only one room. I am sure that it will be worked it out but not in time for Halloween. I am worried that many will not discover the problem until they decorate for the season or house decorating contests. Hang in there; I suppose that we have no other choice.

Falon of Eldor- I believe that it is a bug. And it seems like the deeds do take up more space so now the deeds must be farther apart. I spent hours attempting to find a compromise. I finally had to resign and put those deeds away until the problem is found and then fixed.

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope they do fix it im 1/2 way through building a tree house on me castle roof

M

MeganSmiles

I wasn't decorating. I went into customize mode to add a couple of windows on the east wall of my house (purely cosmetic, wanted the windows to line up properly on the outside wall) but after I "commited" my "moving crate was full of curtains, rugs and other deedable decor items. When I tried to put them back in their original spots it said that I couldn't build here. It was after many frustrating minutes that I decided to come to this forum to see if anyone else had experienced this problem. Whatever u do...don't go into customize mode!!

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the Codex of Wisdom and then went into customize mode. I can't even walk over the second level without falling through the floor. :wall:

M

MeganSmiles

I used the Codex of Wisdom and then went into customize mode. I can't even walk over the second level without falling through the floor. :wall:
OMG!! That is terrible!! They have to fix this soon.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ankanna, are you saying that you placed the codex on the second floor, went to customize and when committing design the codex is gone along with the floor tiles underneath it?

T

Tazar

Ankanna, are you saying that you placed the codex on the second floor, went to customize and when committing design the codex is gone along with the floor tiles underneath it?
That sounds really nasty!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there should be a special shop in Brit on test center where you can purchase any veteran reward or any deco item introduced thru any expansion... relying on the folks at Origin really isn't fair to them