• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decorating your castle or keep house sign

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use 2 small tables. a bulletin board, and stuff you want to decorate with. Stack the 2 tables under the house sign ( use 1 table if you dont want the house sign to high I used 1 in the pic) . bounce the bulletin board on the tables to place it above the house sign. Now the decorating part I accidently lock down the top small table and not the bulletin board which gave me the idea to lock a toku basket and a flower under the sign. some stuff will fall to the ground, but you should be able to lock it down or secure it as long as you dropped it above the house sign or on the table. To get it to work you need to drop your decorations on the house sign.here is my results. Might work on customized houses not sure because I don't have one.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! I've always meant to mess with this and just never got around it. It's nice to have a little tutorial to keep the rest of us from having to figure it out. :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your welcome
Devil I like what you did with your house sign looks great.
Sarsmi I actually would of never figured it out if I didnt unlock my bulletin board accidently the night before, when i was working on placing the chest in that window inside and have to replace it the next day. :D.

L

Lord Drakelord

Use 2 small tables. a bulletin board, and stuff you want to decorate with. Stack the 2 tables under the house sign ( use 1 table if you dont want the house sign to high I used 1 in the pic) . bounce the bulletin board on the tables to place it above the house sign. Now the decorating part I accidently lock down the top small table and not the bulletin board which gave me the idea to lock a toku basket and a flower under the sign. some stuff will fall to the ground, but you should be able to lock it down or secure it as long as you dropped it above the house sign or on the table. To get it to work you need to drop your decorations on the house sign.here is my results. Might work on customized houses not sure because I don't have one.
thank you!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhhh Lord Drakelord, love the round table, nice job!

Lady Michelle, decorating the signs once again gave me the bug to get vines somehow on the outside of my walls, and dang! they're lookin' okay! on the south walls only the left facing corner vines have gone down except on the stairs and the house sign, but the right facing ones work on the east walls.... the problem was always that they looked, from the inside, like they were sitting on the floor, but I don't seem to have that trouble now

so of course now I need mountains more of the right type vines!

L

Lord Drakelord

ohhhh Lord Drakelord, love the round table, nice job!

Lady Michelle, decorating the signs once again gave me the bug to get vines somehow on the outside of my walls, and dang! they're lookin' okay! on the south walls only the left facing corner vines have gone down except on the stairs and the house sign, but the right facing ones work on the east walls.... the problem was always that they looked, from the inside, like they were sitting on the floor, but I don't seem to have that trouble now

so of course now I need mountains more of the right type vines!
ahh did you have to throw them up like with the house sign using tables and then run inside to lock them down? I like the look and may have to toss a few vines on our walls also.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, just turn on circle of transparency and toss them in until they sit in the right place.... locking down becomes a bit tricky cause you'll need to run in to a spot where you can see them :) you'll know if they're in the right place cause most of the bottom portion of the vine is visible on the outside of the wall.. if they're sitting on that little curbstone foundation they don't lock down, tho.... and if you figure a way to get the flat ones to sit correctly please let us know!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I forgot about the tower signs hehe. I will have to do that with the vines once i find where I put mine. nice decorating

D

Dragonchilde

nope, just turn on circle of transparency and toss them in until they sit in the right place.... locking down becomes a bit tricky cause you'll need to run in to a spot where you can see them :) you'll know if they're in the right place cause most of the bottom portion of the vine is visible on the outside of the wall.. if they're sitting on that little curbstone foundation they don't lock down, tho.... and if you figure a way to get the flat ones to sit correctly please let us know!
Actually, you should be able to use object handles. If you have a lot of stuff, that might be harder, but you CAN lock down items using object handles. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, but ya gotta be inside the house to lock :D

hmmm...... now, come to think of it, I haven't tried placing from *inside*! thanks Dragonchilde! another project!!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried under the house sign on a custom home tonite.... yep, it works :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been a while since I posted, this is my sign deco, I tried getting a mailbox in but no matter how you get it to place it looks decidedly UGLY. Pity they didn't make it look like an old guildstone or something, that plastic k-mart box look really doesn't do much for inspiration :(

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is an abbatoir made from yew wood, raised up by placing square goza mats and raising them a few times, then it has a couple of tables placed underneath. Pretty cute idea eh?

If you want different colored tables you can dye the unused abbatoir deed with the new plant dyes or with the ToT dyes as long as it is made from special wood (oak, ash etc). So make the oak abbatoir, don't place it, and dye it with the color of your choice. Unless you happen to like one of the wood hues in which case you don't need to worry about dying.

L

Lord Drakelord

That is an abbatoir made from yew wood, raised up by placing square goza mats and raising them a few times, then it has a couple of tables placed underneath. Pretty cute idea eh?

If you want different colored tables you can dye the unused abbatoir deed with the new plant dyes or with the ToT dyes as long as it is made from special wood (oak, ash etc). So make the oak abbatoir, don't place it, and dye it with the color of your choice. Unless you happen to like one of the wood hues in which case you don't need to worry about dying.
thank you for answering the question above, yes I stole the idea from this forum :)

L

LadyAkasha

Thank you very much for the response, I am going to have to try that

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im having trouble popping things on the bulletin board. Suggestions?

BTW - how many goza's needed to raise the abbatoir/table?

*bows low to Lady Petra*....Thank you!

Still trying to pop things on the b board....

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey Falon, I couldn't drop it on house sign either but was able to drop it on tables.
Any chance u could show me a closer pic of ur profile pic, I'd love to see how to put the flowers together, very pretty!