• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement December's Events

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday, December 21st, 7pm EST - King's Guard: Envoy to Nujel'm
Meet with Detective Thorpe at the Castle. This will primarily be an RP engagement that will serve as a debrief of the most recent investigation, as well as a field trip to Nujel'm. Points in the King's Guard will be awarded for those who attend and file an after event report.

Sunday, December 21st, 8pm EST - King's Guard: Engaging the Enemy
The bandit Jor has resurfaced, and Lieutenant Jeffrey will lead a force to capture him. Will the Guard prevail, or is this another trick by the crafty villain? Meet Jeffrey at the Castle. Points in the King's Guard will be awarded for those who attend and file an after event report.

Sunday, December 21st, 9:30pm EST - King's Guard: ???
A short, RP-centric "mini-investigation" that will tie-up the night's events and indicate a future direction for this plot. Please meet with Thorpe at his "Office" in Britain. Points in the King's Guard will be awarded for those who attend and file an after event report.

Monday, December 22nd, 7pm EST - Council of Governor's Meeting
The first meeting of the new term. Due to the business of the holiday season, attendance will be considered optional, and the meeting (hopefully) short (which by our standards would still be, what, four hours?).

Monday, December 29th, 7pm EST - Winter Festival: Opening Ceremony and Archery/Throwing Competition - Meet at the Britain Fairgrounds for the opening of the two day Winter Festival. The first event will be an Archery & Throwing competition.

Monday, December 29th, 8:30pm EST - Winter Festival: Santa Slay
A unique PvP/PvM/Puzzle hybrid event. Teams of up to three people (any template) are encouraged to enter. Points can be earned through defeating other competitors, monsters, or solving puzzles. Be warned: should you leave the event arena, you will not be able to re-enter.

Tuesday, December 30th, 7pm EST - Winter Festival: Find Barnaby (and Hit Him With a Snowball), Tavern Crawl

Last edited:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
K^S Secret Santa meeting with 36 exchanges is Sunday night the 21st at 8PM. I humbly ask you to reschedule your RBG events as this is something we have planned for months in advanced. Normally I am happy to let everyone go to the events, but this one took a lot of time and effort by so many people.... please reschedule.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
K^S Secret Santa meeting with 36 exchanges is Sunday night the 21st at 8PM. I humbly ask you to reschedule your RBG events as this is something we have planned for months in advanced. Normally I am happy to let everyone go to the events, but this one took a lot of time and effort by so many people.... please reschedule.
I am sure asking hours before the event is supposed to take place is the greatest time to ask for it to be rescheduled /s

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The events were only posted 3 days ago.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I wouldn't expect you to understand unless you play Catskills. Thank you for your concern and help though.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I wouldn't expect you to understand unless you play Catskills. Thank you for your concern and help though.
So you are going to assume I don't play Catskills? Are you playing my account and I didn't realize?

Barnaby, please don't touch the event, myself and so many others have planned our nights around it. Thank you

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have some sort of problem, I am sorry. I have never asked that an event be moved before. I didn't catch these events until today. Why don't you ask Barnaby yourself and choose some other person to grief. I have worked very hard on our event, and we have quite a few people who participate in the RBG events that may be affected by this. I want to create the opportunity for them to do both. Sorry if that is unreasonable to you.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to comment on this much as it has developed and the 3-part (going to have to tweak that concept a little more) event is over.

Coincidentally, though, a wicked storm kicked up at about 6, and with the crappy relays in our area it was a miracle the power didn't go out - I was about to cancel when it let up at like 6:45.