• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

decayed house

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I've just renewed my gametime after 3 months AND 9 days of inactivity.
After logging in, I've noticed my whole house has decayed! A bit too early I think...

All my items and souvenirs... gone ;'(
Is there any sort of chance support would bring it back somehow or they never do?

All my things, all my gifts...

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think that's too early... Dec. + Jan. + Feb = 90 days plus 7 days for a decay cycle = 97 days... you said you were gone 99 days.

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Doesnt the decay process take 14 days?

And is there any actual chance of getting the house back?

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Doesnt the decay process take 14 days?

And is there any actual chance of getting the house back?
Decay actually takes 5 days.. but no there's no chance of getting it back.

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Damn it, I could have renewed a few days earlier.
Literally 99% of my stuff and history is now gone...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately that's the risk you take when just re-subscribing every 90 days.

I do the same with 2 accounts that hold houses on different shards. I just make sure to do it on the 85th day of the 90 days to cover myself.

I just set a Google calendar reminder and job done. I keep my main account active all the time.

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry that happened. :( Dang, why didn't you renew earlier? Were you playing "the 90 day game"?
Yes, I wasnt really active lately, renewed my gametime every 90 days and attending events during this time.
The funny thing is, that I got the key a few days before that, but activated it on wrong account. It took support 4 days to move my gametime from one account to another - too late. I was sure that houses decay for 14 days though.

Yeah, a big loss, all my UO aniv. gifts, event and auctions items were there, my whole history pretty much. A few more-valuable items aswell. ;(

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Allright then, big thanks to everyone who replied and helped me out here.
Well, since there's nothing that can be done to get my stuff back, I guess Im definitely done with with the game, at least for a... long time.

Thanks again, everyone!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, ask around about your stuff. In many cases, you might be able to get some of it back from the IDOC hunters (especially soulstones), as not all of them are cross-sharding speculators.

I personally think that everything non-stackable in an IDOC should immediately get a "shard bound" tag with a 1 year timer, unless placed into the bank or backpack of the house owner whose house fell. It would slow down the departure of so many shards' history to Atlantic, at least.