• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing/Boats Decay timer on some ships reverted to pre-HS length

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We're getting multiple reports on the Fishing & TH forum of people whose ships have gone from New (from placement) to decayed and lost withing 5-7 days (the pre-High Seas decay time). This includes loss of some High Seas ships (especially Tokuno ones).

The timer for ships was increased to 14 days for at least the ships from High Seas, if not all ships.

As the Ships are controlled by either the Housing server, or a server set up similarly, recent changes to Housing may have unintentionally broken the High Seas timer change. I lost my ship as well, but it's possible it might have been lost normally.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
We're getting multiple reports on the Fishing & TH forum of people whose ships have gone from New (from placement) to decayed and lost withing 5-7 days (the pre-High Seas decay time).
I am unable to reproduce this issue. In all of my testing ship decay appears to be occurring at the proper rate (advancing to the next ship decay state after three days have passed).

Any additional information provided might help track down any potential problems.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am unable to reproduce this issue. In all of my testing ship decay appears to be occurring at the proper rate (advancing to the next ship decay state after three days have passed).

Any additional information provided might help track down any potential problems.
My boat recently vanished after 7 days, as it was definitely used on the 13th because I was fishing from it for the last quest on the Google Fishing Document (and as I run it, I can see revision dates so confirmed that was when the result was added). However, there may be wider issues involved; Tina Small in another thread said people were moving ships on Atlantic to difficult to recall to spots so the owner can't find them. She mentioned New Haven on her shard, as the Newbie starting zone extends out into the dock as a No Recall to/from area. I went to check on Europa, and although I didn't find my ship, the docks are crammed with ships on my shard too.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/warning-missing-boat-on-europa-check-new-haven-docks.299738/

Screenshots in above thread. It may be a coincidental gathering of players, but the Britannian Boat is definitely in a NoRecall zone as I tested it alongside. I don't know if you can see who the last users were of a boat, rather than the owner, but if a few names turn up again and again something dodgy is definitely going on. Server lines are another potential problem spot... as requested in the Ideas thread, you really should consider boats going back to bank box when decayed, especially when they can have paint or be store bought ships and thus real world expenditure.