• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dec 13th: TC3 going offline at 3:05-ish PM PST

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Hey Lee,

I did a couple lot moves last night. It's been awhile since I actually moved a lot but seems like we are supposed to get a 'credit' for the cost of the original lot?

I was being charged for the 'move' and for the cost of the new lot but did not get a credit for the old lot. So like my sim had $7,400 on her. I moved her lot from TC to TC3 to a lot stating it cost $3400ish. After the move, she only had 2k left on her.

Lot prices seem to fluctuate too. The original lot I wanted showed it was
4500ish. When I went to move the house, the lot was then 11k.

Wonder if anyone else noticed this?

M

Monkeybear

I did.. I was thinking they removed it so when TCers moved a property worth 11k to a property worth 3k they wouldn't be getting free simoleans.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Lee,

I did a couple lot moves last night. It's been awhile since I actually moved a lot but seems like we are supposed to get a 'credit' for the cost of the original lot?

I was being charged for the 'move' and for the cost of the new lot but did not get a credit for the old lot. So like my sim had $7,400 on her. I moved her lot from TC to TC3 to a lot stating it cost $3400ish. After the move, she only had 2k left on her.

Lot prices seem to fluctuate too. The original lot I wanted showed it was
4500ish. When I went to move the house, the lot was then 11k.

Wonder if anyone else noticed this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Suposably, your sim is re-imbursed after a short wait. That's the it way it works in the production cities anyway.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I did.. I was thinking they removed it so when TCers moved a property worth 11k to a property worth 3k they wouldn't be getting free simoleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you are taking a lot worth 3500 over to a lot 4500. You should only have to pay 1k for the higher price and 2k for the move.

I would suggest that, if they want to be sure you don't 'make' money on the move, then just don't allow money to be given back for your move. So if you are moving a 11K lot to a 3500 lot. You would get nothing back for it.

G

Just fyi.

It seems the cost to upgrade a lot has dropped dramatically.
I upgraded a size 1 lot to size 8, all at once, for 13k - with 0 roomies.

M

Monkeybear

Yeh its cheaper

my lot is 17,550 for a size 8 with no roomies 12,450 with roomies

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeh its cheaper

my lot is 17,550 for a size 8 with no roomies 12,450 with roomies

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm.... I wonder why your lot was more expensive than mine - and how come mine was the same with or without roomies?

Stoopid game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Just fyi.

It seems the cost to upgrade a lot has dropped dramatically.
I upgraded a size 1 lot to size 8, all at once, for 13k - with 0 roomies.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! I didn't know that!!

I've been sitting on that little bitty lot of mine all this time thinking it would be too expensive to upgrade it?

I'll have to go check it out tonight hey?

M

MandiK

Me too! I went to that site &amp; cant figure out how to get anything. Now that I have Sims Complete Collection back on my computer...do I go into those files &amp; drag what I want into the Images folder?