• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Death strike damage

B

Busters

Death strike used to be based on ninja, hide, stealth, and tracking. Did that change again?? I know it has been capped at 50. But was not sure what the formula is, or if tracking is part of it now and what you need to get 50 damage death strikes?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a stealther I have I've been hitting for 44's. 120 ninja, 80 stealth and 100 hiding. No tracking but am human. I've tried tracking but its just darned hard to do while fighting around the gate.

On a side note I've noticed that a similar temp can hit for 25 using archery so I am readding that special to my archer stealther guys.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish notes

Reduced Death Strike damage delay to 3 seconds from 5 seconds and increased damage scale based on Ninjitsu skill. Death strike damage capped at 50 verses players.

I guess I should of read the notes myself. I assumed another nerf (if another nerf was possible), but by these notes it looks like it is more of a revert prior to Publish 46. Im going to give it a try and see what kind of damage I get with just ninjitsu.

J

[JD]

i tested with like 94 ninja (but no stealth) on a template where ninja was just used for llama/mirrors in case of image.. didnt seem like ds did more than 12. let us know if your #s are in that ballpark

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went on test last night to see if I should add ninja/DS to a temp of mine and was getting around the same 10-12 range with no stealth/hiding.

B

Busters

i was getting 30 damage with 120 ninja, 100 hide and 0 stealth. When i put on 75 stealth i was doing around 43. So my question would be if go 100 stealth would that be enough to hit 50 cap? or would i need to take my skills higher??

J

[JD]

i can't check til later busters but go to test and try it out! was that on a 70s opponent?
also was that with your bow or a melee weap?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it sounds worthless as ever. Not worth the points in my books.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been chewing people up with the new damage from DS the last week or two. Pound(mana) for pound(mana) it hits as hard if not harder then any other special. I've had nearly 60 points total damage from weapon strike, spell and follow up DS. In a group setting its a massive amount of damage done and allows my teammates to knock off lots of other faction players.

J

Jii the Cunning

Before the patch maximum death strike damage existed was 75 on players atleast.

40 from having 120 ninja stealth and gm hiding

+20 for having a tracking on your opponent and following him to distance long enough.

+15 if target had evil omen on (increases spell damage by 25% and for some reason death strike counts as a "spell").

However, something i'd like to know is, is that 50 damage cap announced a hard cap or is it possible to boost dmg up to 80s or 90s with methods like tracking or evil omen?

If 50 really is a hard cap, I'd consider this patch as a major nerf to deathstrike not a boost.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh god... the publish has been out forever...

ok guys here's how the new death strike works.

Max damage cap for DS is 50 which is a "soft" cap. But it is no longer possible to DS for more than 50 even if you stack DS (previously each stack gives you 10 more dmg). However it's possible to do a DS omen which will put you at 62 damage.

To achieve 50 damage DS you need 120 Ninjitsu 120 Stealth and GM Hiding.
Tracking has ZERO effect on DS damage.

The last patch actually buffed DS by removing tracking skill factor and add 10 more damage to DS (so if you are playing a human ninja "strictly" for human 20 tracking to improve your DS damage you are wasting your time).

Death Strike on ranged weapon hits for a good 25 damage, thus making it possible to do a 70+ damage heavy shot (dual proc + death strike 25 + weapon dmg). I have tried it in PvP and you can really catch people off guard, there are simply too many newbs out there that doesnt know how the game works.

That's all the key things you would want to know about DS, the exact scaling you guys can easily find out on TC.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Death Strike on ranged weapon hits for a good 25 damage, thus making it possible to do a 70+ damage heavy shot (dual proc + death strike 25 + weapon dmg). I have tried it in PvP and you can really catch people off guard, there are simply too many newbs out there that doesnt know how the game works.
Really? Historically, whenever you do DS the actual damage from the weapon hit has always been significantly reduced.

I haven't played my dexers in a long time so maybe that changed with the pub.

Z

Zero Day

If you go for max damage.
Your base damage is 96 with a heavy xbow.

Death Strike gives you -50% damage on the hit.
So thats 48 if you hit for max
Lightning will give you about 20-26.
Velocity 7-14(Direct)

Death Strike Max would be 50, and since its a ranged weapon thats half so 25.

So 25 + 14 + 7 (lightning after resists) + 14 (from hit after resists)
So thats about 60 damage total.

Versus
14+7+28 without using death strike. which is 49.

Give or take a 2-3 from the lightning range.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never experienced the half damage on weapon when using death strike.

But since my last death striker was a nerve ds cookie cutter, my current DS char is a gargoyle swords man (talk about easy mode hehe). Focus Strike with splintering weapon, switch disc mace disarm then after that they are GG.

Death strike half damage even works on ranged weapon as well? I was under the impression it wouldnt do that to ranged weapon since DS dmg itself is halved.

I guess I can scratch that idea. But yea the last patch thatsupposedly "nerfed" DS buffed its base damage by 20%

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even with the 1/2'd damage, Zero's math looks right to me.

Z

Zero Day

Not sure exactly what the current formula for DS is, but the old one was Ninjitsu /3

So the max base damage was 40.

With the changes however, the max base damage is up to 50 but the calculation is now based on the 3 skills rather than just ninjitsu. And stalking bonus still can add 10 to get it to 60.

Previously death strikes could also be stacked and there was the +10 or 20 from stalking bonus.

skincin

Visitor
Death strike used to be based on ninja, hide, stealth, and tracking. Did that change again?? I know it has been capped at 50. But was not sure what the formula is, or if tracking is part of it now and what you need to get 50 damage death strikes?
so does tracking help any more? and if so what is the scale?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I was under the impression Death Strike didn't work on ranged weapons at all.

However, it can be beefed up by Evil Omen.