• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Lake Austin

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please welcome your new shard reporter, El of LA.
While she's not exactly a stranger, she's maybe a little out of touch, so find her a comfy chair, bring her up to date and make her feel at home. :)

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you Petra... and you are right. I need a lot of being brought up to speed! In particular, I need to have information on everyone's fav things, tricks of the trades you are willing to share, vendor houses and other sites on the shard, interesting characters you want to learn more about, EVENTS, ideas for events, regular hunts open for guests to join up, PEOPLE FOR TYCOLBY TO TALK TO WHEN HE LOGS IN, and anything else you'd like to see or share!

To make this easier and to make me easy to find and inform in-game, I have managed to gain ownership of a house on the road in Zento, West side of town on west side of the road. The owner is, of course, El, and the name of the house is the "Welcome Inn, O*T Guild Hall". There is a mailbox just under the house sign and I would love to see runes, books with your ideas and information, and news placed there. If there is suitable interest I will produce an in-game newsletter and distribute it to major gathering points on a regular basis.

Please let me know what you would like to see from your shard reporter. I have missed doing this and am really excited to get the chance again!

Contact me! ICQ 324 324 902,
GMail: [email protected]
and I will get onto chat every day as I login..
General Channel for now.

- El.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wewt. Welcome. :)

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Woot !!!
You are one in a million El and welcome back :)
If I can help in any way let me know and if you need anything for game let me know..Would be my pleasure to help !!

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations El! I look forward in putting one of my rune library runes in your mailbox.

Yes, I moved away from New Magicina because a Castle (my long time Ultima dream) flew into my life. :)

T

Talishara

Welcome from all of us in E|M ! Hope to meet you soon!

Tali
(Elen'Mar E|M)

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lake Austin isn't Lake Austin unless we have an El! around and so now the shard and forum are complete!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I know you! Welcome back!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations and welcome!

A couple of questions for you.

1.) Are you a Lake Austin native player, meaning is this the shard you first started on?

2.) Do you PvP?

3.) I assume if 1 is yes, and 2 is yes, that your skill level is consistent with the rest of the natives and you are absolutely awful. Can you confirm my suspicion?

Good luck with your new position, all the best!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Aww Leia what a sweet thing to say. You made my month! :) I was going to reply to a couple more but seems like loading up the convo too much so a couple of other comments here!! 1) Vampster, thanks! High praise indeed !! and Lynk, fellow Wisconsinite, I save my PvP for recall elections and have been in UO lots longer than LA shard has been open. ;) I have no idea what your assessment of my abilities would be, but in a game where anyone can be pwned by an 8 yr old, I'm sure we all have good days and bad! :0

I have a feeling I'll be seeing you around! :)

*Waves at Kelmo*

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back missed you and your newcomers help place that used to be in Luna. Yes i still play Lake Austin even though i dabble on other shards . From Siege to Dracenfells i am a wanderer but my wife stayed here holding the homefires down.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi Swampjumper! Thanks for the kind words. Its fun to be back! You will find a new Player Center (and hopefully the home of future events) in Zento. The Player Center is being called "The Welcome Inn" and you can find it on the West side of Zento on the main road. There is a lovely little village springing up there with some great other players!

Welcome back missed you and your newcomers help place that used to be in Luna. Yes i still play Lake Austin even though i dabble on other shards . From Siege to Dracenfells i am a wanderer but my wife stayed here holding the homefires down.