• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dealing with opportunists.

warra

Visitor
Was trying to sell my fully trained cu pet today, had a few people trying to whittle my pet build and such. Saying it was worthless, and that maxing out int on a cu was the go.

He said he had trained thousands of pets and such and that what i was rolling was outdated and worthless.. i said ok i dont know who you are never seen you in the pet leveling nor training haunts here but okay show me your peer reviewed pet template on stratics forums.

He nigged and said he doesnt have one here but to look at that calc thing and see why my pet is basically useless. I was okay i'm not gonna go look at theory when the fleshed out side of this template has been proven solid.

Bit like practical science dealing with idiot faithers and such.

Two others chimed in straight after him, one at a time, so i was thinking these nobodies were just trolling me for some reason, or it was the same account just different toons, and just blocked them.

Then ten minutes later, fourth one of them asks to see my pet, offered me 300M for a 9 x 120 scrolled fully trained cu, im like yeah okay thank you for your offer, but go buy all these 120 scrolls here mate for that price.

Being open minded i thought i would research it, turns out they full of ****. gains would be negligible for the mana refresh rate he was dribbling out as one of the features of his BS spiel, and from what i saw, it was only decimal improvements.

noclet.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion: It doesn't matter a damn what anyone else thinks, if you're happy with the build and it fits your style of play, ignore them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is wrong apparently.....

View attachment 140945
I hope I am reading this EC lore correct. It looks like you followed my guide on how to set the base build. The Cu looks like a mid range starter.

Atlantic stables can be entertaining. And I have seen the part where they tell you what to do but can not pull out a pet that was done that way.

As long as you make the stamina 150, you are gonna do more damage than an untrained pet of that type.

Last edited:

warra

Visitor
It looks like you followed my guide on how to set the base build.
Yes - i did. And apparently your template is a few years old and out of date and useless and worthless now, if you take heed of the troll. max int is the new way to do it and max str isnt the way to go about it anymore.......smh

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 140951

Sorry for assuming everyone that tames uses the pinco ui lore gump, here is a base of my cu in old format for clarity. cheers.

Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com
Well I guess I can't read the EC lore sheet.

Ok, WTH did they say was wrong with that dog? Its perfect! That base build works for any pet that can get it.

Ill take credit for that one also. :lol:

That amount of Mana and HP is enough for an established tamer. If every pet type could get that first page with AI/Chiv, we would be using a lot more pet types.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To each their own, that build may work great for you but not for everyone. Certain people look for certain things. I have only ever done an AI/Chiv Cu, I tried explosive Goo on one but the area effect really messed things up so I got a new one.

1677518401703.png

this is my current one just AI and Chiv following Allen's guide, which works wonderfully. I'm sure a lot of people would say it is crap, but I don't care, it works for me and I am not trying to sell it.

Do some research on what people are wanting on their CU's, everyone is different

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To each their own, that build may work great for you but not for everyone. Certain people look for certain things. I have only ever done an AI/Chiv Cu, I tried explosive Goo on one but the area effect really messed things up so I got a new one.

View attachment 140948

this is my current one just AI and Chiv following Allen's guide, which works wonderfully. I'm sure a lot of people would say it is crap, but I don't care, it works for me and I am not trying to sell it.

Do some research on what people are wanting on their CU's, everyone is different
Another perfect dog.

Goo/AI/Chiv was one of the first popular Cu Builds. Players put goo on everything they could in the beginning. It kills stuff. I also do not like the way Goo makes the dog walk off and attack something off the screen.

Here are some other not normally seen variations AI/Chiv that work. Would work with other magics also.

1677536728243.png 1677537131112.png 1677537321740.png
1677537740167.png

Lightning force is probably the most practical of those.

Inferno is interesting you get fire damage and 25% fire resist reduction on target for 6 seconds. Would be good for Mel or Medusa with a group using fire weapons.
I never understood why a Cu can get that.

As long as they are not using
Sticky Skin
Tail Swipe
Nerve Strike
Mana Drain
Concussion Blow
Crushing Blow
Or some other ability that does not work.

Who cares. The base pet kills a lot more effectively than a GD.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did major cleanup on this thread and have it back to its original intent. Any more attacks/insults by anyone or trying to rehash what has been removed will result in warnings and thread bans. You can always head to Stratics Unleashed and argue it further if you would like to and are opted in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found an Ice cu on my old Gardner, I have been using him to hold pets, I did not realize the Gardner has skills.
Its a pretty nice Cu.
Since the poison resist is low, he can get 80 in the other two resists.
My speed Training does not increase Stam or Dex.
1677634093778.png 1677634178480.png 1677634134505.png

I think Ill use this toon and make this dog like Zeus above and use it with a luck suit for the Abomination Bunny in the Spring. Let the gardner do some thorn planting.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Well I guess I can't read the EC lore sheet.

Ok, WTH did they say was wrong with that dog? Its perfect! That base build works for any pet that can get it.

Ill take credit for that one also. :lol:

That amount of Mana and HP is enough for an established tamer. If every pet type could get that first page with AI/Chiv, we would be using a lot more pet types.
That cu sidhe can handle any content in the game. What I find is that if a pet is high intensity, it allows the tamer to use other abilities to enhance the pet abilities.

warra

Visitor
That cu sidhe can handle any content in the game
Sure can, have solo'ed: nav without needing to bandage a few times when i could get a no rocks quiet run in, all fel champion spawns, and roof upto fountain (i couldnt get that done due to drains) grrr. Its a testament to how good Pawain's cu template is. tanks good on cora, corgul and such too.

And i am grateful to all that share and care so to speak. This game is more enjoyable when we do that together. I just pay it forward.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got the new Zeus trained and some skills increased.
Has 330 Points left. can have 120 scrolls later and more HP or Mana.

1677657262847.png 1677657283223.png 1677657304676.png
1677657332175.png 1677657382261.png
An AI/Chiv dog will do more damage over time but this one also makes lightning bolts.

warra

Visitor
Another thing that annoys me since i came back to ATL two months ago is tamers who use crazed as a 'training' rather than 'leveling' npc or wait for ages to kill him not even knowing the 5th level can be done with crazed + 3 EVs there.

Irks me especially when you're getting only passive leveling done because they won't get off crazed. So it turns a 20 minute leveling gains run into hour plus. /smh

Ive had the urge to bring all the EVs, airs and bloods there at times its that bad.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another thing that annoys me since i came back to ATL two months ago is tamers who use crazed as a 'training' rather than 'leveling' npc or wait for ages to kill him not even knowing the 5th level can be done with crazed + 3 EVs there.

Irks me especially when you're getting only passive leveling done because they won't get off crazed. So it turns a 20 minute leveling gains run into hour plus. /smh

Ive had the urge to bring all the EVs there at times its that bad.
Yes Crazy Mage is for training% not skilling. I doubt you get any skill increase from it. None of my pets gain stam or dex from it. Move to the shadow ele for skilling or go sit in the slug pit for wrestling.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Ive had the urge to bring all the EVs, airs and bloods there at times its that bad.
Dread pirates give same gain

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So do Allosaurus. Nobody is hogging them.

Real tamers train unbonded Beetles or Lesser Hiryus on Night Terrors.

warra

Visitor
Sitcking with the title : i was doing cora, said it was up in Gneral chat another tamer turned up and a sampire. My pet was main tank, 3rd way in i got up to get a drink but had to redirect the the loo, come back my pet just died. The other tamer was obviously afk, because for the the othe 2/3rds his pet was main tank, and here i am healing it.. what would you do? Heal it or just let it die?!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cora does take a while. I would heal it.

We have a player that can fall asleep in the middle of an encounter. So we are used to keeping him and his pet alive as needed.

Or the poor players spouse was yelling for them to take out the trash or something.