• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dealing with Brittle

Andyf

Adventurer
Hello,

Just curious if it is better to be vigilant in repairing brittle items or if it's better to allow them to drop low and take the guaranteed loss.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Excellent question. I think it depends on how much you like the piece, how often you need to repair other pieces, and how low of durability you are comfortable with. I have a couple of brittle pieces in my suit that I don't want to lose. However I only repair them when doing the rest of my suit. Their durablity is higher than the rest, so I really don't check them.

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is pretty much it. I do make note of the mods they have so if i find another piece i store it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC somewhere around 30 damage, even the healthiest items are almost 100% to lose a point of durability. And even 1 point down has a chance of losing that point on repair.

So, you're probably better off using it down to low double digits, and repairing.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if u let it get down too low or at 0, u may fail multiple times trying repair an item with a deed before it gets repaired, and lose a point of durability each time u fail.