• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DCI Question and Quivers of Infinity [CAN A DEV ANSWER?]

• Thread starter Mr. Gnome
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mr. Gnome

I have 2 questions concerning Defense Chance Increase:

1.) If your a mage with a spellbook and a shield, since there is no wepon skill, does DCI even matter?

2.) I once heard that the quiver of infinity only gives the 5% dci bonus if your archery is above a certain amount. I also heard you need an arrow/bolt in there. Are either of these true?

Thanks for any help!

X

Xizz

If you have wrestling, DCI will help while holding a spellbook.
If you don't, then there's not much point to it..no

quiver gives dci no mather what.
skill in archery doesn't mather. if it's loaded doesn't mather.

T

TVC15

My archery is zero but I do have wrestling and carry a spell book. The character screen showed my current dci correctly at 30 dci in the KR client. I then equiped a Quiver of infinity and there was no change. My dci remained at 30. I did not have any arrows in quiver, nor did I test with a bow equiped.

X

Xizz

Guess a dev will have to answer that then.

Im 99.9% sure, can never be 100, and im confident most other players (say 99.9% there to)
would say the same; It gives 5 dci. No mather what.

KR isn't known for being free of bugs. Maybee it doesn't count quivers into that.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.) If your a mage with a spellbook and a shield, since there is no wepon skill, does DCI even matter?

YES.. DCI is calculated before wep skill to even get hit.
it goes something like, are you going to get hit, and can you evade it, then its can you parry it.

also.. a mage can have a wep skill (wrestling, or anatomy/eval int), or hold a -0 mage wep.

2.) I once heard that the quiver of infinity only gives the 5% dci bonus if your archery is above a certain amount. I also heard you need an arrow/bolt in there. Are either of these true?

its 5% dci no matter what

M

Mr. Gnome

Alright so the consensus seems to be the quiver works regardless.
But what would be better on a necro mage with 0 wrestling with a spellbook, the quiver or Melissa's Cloak (5 fire resist).

Currently, without the quiver, my DCI is 25%. If I use the cloak, I'll have 70 fire resist in wraith form.

G

GL_Seller

Just tested this to make sure. With 0 wrestling and a spell book I put on a suit with 110 dci, 15glasses 15 aof 15 shield 20 leggings 5 quiver 10 book 30 on jewels, and it means absolutely nothing. I attacked my character with my archer who is 120 archery 50 hci and i never ever missed in 50 shots.

So if your gonna run with no wrestling and a spellbook learn to cast protection and pray a dexer doesnt hit you. Hell even monsters will probably disrupt you 100% of the time. So go with the better resists on the cloak if you need them.

R

RichDC

Just tested this to make sure. With 0 wrestling and a spell book I put on a suit with 110 dci, 15glasses 15 aof 15 shield 20 leggings 5 quiver 10 book 30 on jewels, and it means absolutely nothing. I attacked my character with my archer who is 120 archery 50 hci and i never ever missed in 50 shots.

So if your gonna run with no wrestling and a spellbook learn to cast protection and pray a dexer doesnt hit you. Hell even monsters will probably disrupt you 100% of the time. So go with the better resists on the cloak if you need them.
I would agree altho this test was very extreme as dci caps at 45% as does hci...however i have noticed if you do use a mage weap you will gain a significant dci boost! and to be fair not to much loss even a -1 fc can be compensated with an arcane