• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Dawn of the Dead.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, Lord Sparrow, Duke of Moonglow, sit once again in my study, dip my quill in the inkwell and make report upon the latest incident in Sosaria.

Having heard of the intention of the rebels to meet at the Courts of Justice in Yew last eve I donned disguise and travelled there at the appointed time. A motley crowd was present and the apparent leader of the discontents arrived, Fynn Barrat, well, it looked like Fynn Barrat, it talked like Fynn Barrat but I am not sure it WAS Fynn Barrat, not the Fynn that I knew of old anyway. Once he began to talk to the crowd my unease increased fourfold. I will not bother with all that happened when we left the meeting as it is of little importance the thing that is important is what was said at the meeting.

Fynn stated that to succeed it needed a leader, a strong leader, loved by the people, who would then follow such a leader and who was proposed to fill this role?. None other than our beloved, long dead, Queen Dawn!. The fact that she IS long, long, dead seemed not to trouble Fynn, the simple fact that someone dead for that period of years would be little more than mouldering bones troubled him not. Oh no, she would be resurrected with an incantation,

Now there is little doubt that Queen Dawn (even something that appeared to be Queen Dawn) could indeed induce the people to follow her and herein lies a huge danger to the security of the realm. With Fynn Barrat's past reputation and Queen Dawn (or at least what appears to be them) leading a revolt there must be a good chance it would succeed.

I personally have no belief that a revived Queen Dawn would be her own person, whatever magic is invoked I do not think a decayed brain and a rotted body could ever be what it once was. So at least one of the 'leaders' will be a mere puppet and if one, why not two?, which then raises the question of who, or WHAT is the puppeteer?. These are my conclusions based on what I have seen and heard. If I am correct, I fear for our land. The raising of Queen Dawn has not yet occurred but Fynn now has the means to achieve it. The King MUST take steps to prevent this, or we will suffer dire consequences.

I hope I am wrong but thinking further on recent events. What caused the Governors of 3 provinces to suddenly rebel against our King. Was it of their own volition or were they influenced by some malevolent entity. Time will tell but many will suffer in the meantime.

Respectfully, Lord Sparrow.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Sorry for going OOC here but I wanted to comment. The whole resurrection thing was a major bone of contention back in the day, especially for Low Fantasy guilds such as GRD. So we [Erpa/Core/Coy] all more or less agreed that being "killed" in combat equated to being "knocked out" otherwise getting resurrected from the grave kind of makes the whole game a bit ... well... easy?

Anyhow, the other point of contention was classic "resurrection = zombie = an evil act" vs "resurrection = recreated in the original image of the character = actually a good thing to do/not evil" (For example Jesus brought Lazarus back from the grave and no one thinks of him as an "evil necromancer").

I do concede however, that both views are valid, but sticking purely to UO lore resurrecting the dead is very common and happens to players on a daily or hourly basis with no damage taken by the resurrected character.

But resurrecting an age old corpse? I can't see that going well at all! But is there a precedence? Have any other major UO characters been risen from the dead after an extended time in the grave?]