(OT) Darkfall Online

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
A couple years ago there were those faction guys that came to siege and moved to Darkfall. I rememer his stratics name being Killox. I can't remember his ingame name. However, I went and tried darkfall with them. It was alright, graphics were decent, however I never fully invested my time into it. It's very hard to play two online games. UO is so demanding! lol. As was darkfall. Hard to balance both, especially when you are already set up on one game.

But from my two weeks playing darkfall, it wasn't too bad.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2007
Watched 30 secs of first video and got nauseous. First person view is terrible. Too bad, sounds fun.

A

archite666

In 5+ years it will be good.

The world is dry and mechanical. Though it looks nothing like wow, it is still a very unfeeling grind.

I played for a few months, guild and all, the town ideas and what not are cool, the world however is bare bones.

It does have the idea of what I want in a game but with the game is still too raw, not refined.

Its not just that its an absolute grind, its the fact thats its an absolute grind that is worse than writing a midterm paper.

Its like you have to put in 50+ hours of pure agony just to fight other players in a barren, dull world. Its about the same drudge as a FPS. And don't even get me started on the balance issues... Extremly cookie cutter with most weapons types being completely subpar. At least thats how it was a few short months ago.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
In 5+ years it will be good.

The world is dry and mechanical. Though it looks nothing like wow, it is still a very unfeeling grind.

I played for a few months, guild and all, the town ideas and what not are cool, the world however is bare bones.

It does have the idea of what I want in a game but with the game is still too raw, not refined.

Its not just that its an absolute grind, its the fact thats its an absolute grind that is worse than writing a midterm paper.

Its like you have to put in 50+ hours of pure agony just to fight other players in a barren, dull world. Its about the same drudge as a FPS. And don't even get me started on the balance issues... Extremly cookie cutter with most weapons types being completely subpar. At least thats how it was a few short months ago.
You make 2 really good points.

You should check out what AV's doing for the next expansion! AV is redoing the world because many, as you've pointed out have brought up that things too far apart. Not cohesively set up. Too empty feeling in places that should be full. etc. etc.

You should also check out the new armor specializations they are putting in. Alignment system updates. Redoing the whole world. New epic monsters. Reduced grind. Ambient sound system. etc. etc. all slated for the next expansion. They are also considering redoing the way weapons are crafted. Rather than tying the weapon to rank... you can craft any weapon at any rank.

This is an indy company, and their staff is no where near the size of EAs or Blizzards or even Rifts. But they do listen to their players, rather than having to look awkward in interviews telling their paying customers... yeah, you're not worth it.

Be happy Cash, the grind is being much reduced. Next week they are adding stats to the meditation (offline skill gain) system. :)

I also find that inexperience really gets in the way for a lot of people. Sakey and I power leveled his character in 1 month to competitive.

I'll give my siege people tips, scripts, whatever they need to get past it. Melee macro, spell macros, etc. etc. Just shoot me a PM. After all, you all sat through 6 months of RoT. When you start off in DFO, its much the same as Siege... and I doubt any of us fondly remember sheering sheep. Or waiting months and months before our character was decent. We all hated it.

That being said... this game won't be for everyone. Some of you won't like the 3d aspect of it. Some of you won't like the Siege Perilous aspect of it as you've grown accustom to the trammel which has permeated Ultima Online (and siege) over the years. It's a brutal game, no doubt about it, and it's not for everyone.

However, it is more Siege Perilous, than Siege Perilous is or has been for years. Should be of no surprise that most of the old Siegers can be found in DFO.

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2010
Seemed nice at the first glance but lacks every role-play elements. You cannot enter houses or just sit on chairs. Sure would be a nice game if one had put some love into it.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Yep, i agree with Drax, Darkfall is more siege perilous than siege perilous has been in years, and for a lot of folks that is just too hard of a game nowadays because they have become soft. I think a lot of people have a trouble with the getting started in darkfall because they feel "built up" already online in whatever game they play, and don't feel like investing that same amount of time to a new game, they'd rather stay where they are rich and familiar and decay into a worthless existence.

meanwhile, for the players who do the darkfall grind, they have an incredible journey with new adventures everyday and everything do all those things under the sun you USED to have fun doing back in the day from complete newbie stuff to veteran l33t stuff and that's how you realize how necessary it is to transition from noob---->low level----->medium----->high------->end game level, not within months, but over years in an MMO for a casual player.

Its really not about how far you get yourself in darkfall that lets you enjoy the game, its what you do along the way to get there. The game is not all about complete grind but a lot of people think that it is and that doesn't let them enjoy it.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Yep, i agree with Drax, Darkfall is more siege perilous than siege perilous has been in years, and for a lot of folks that is just too hard of a game nowadays because they have become soft. I think a lot of people have a trouble with the getting started in darkfall because they feel "built up" already online in whatever game they play, and don't feel like investing that same amount of time to a new game, they'd rather stay where they are rich and familiar and decay into a worthless existence.

meanwhile, for the players who do the darkfall grind, they have an incredible journey with new adventures everyday and everything do all those things under the sun you USED to have fun doing back in the day from complete newbie stuff to veteran l33t stuff and that's how you realize how necessary it is to transition from noob---->low level----->medium----->high------->end game level, not within months, but over years in an MMO for a casual player.

Its really not about how far you get yourself in darkfall that lets you enjoy the game, its what you do along the way to get there. The game is not all about complete grind but a lot of people think that it is and that doesn't let them enjoy it.
Seems to me that you are trying to recapture your past enjoyment of Ultima Online in other games you play (or convince yourself its just as good ).
Why else would people that have quit playing Ultima Online return to its forums on a consistent basis and try to convince others just how much fun they are having on another game??

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Seems to me that you are trying to recapture your past enjoyment of Ultima Online in other games you play (or convince yourself its just as good ).
Why else would people that have quit playing Ultima Online return to its forums on a consistent basis and try to convince others just how much fun they are having on another game??
Obviously: the people. Do you really think we're coming back here in hopes of playing here again?

Believe me or not, as I've been 'the bad guy' in what was once this make believe world of ours. I've said it so many times in the past, maybe it was overlooked, maybe dismissed - I don't know, but the truth is that I hold no animosity towards any here.

When I see those remaining being treated as if you don't matter to the people you PAY to matter to.. it bothers me. Even more so now that I've a different perspective. A perspective of a company that actually cares about this genre of game. A company whose goal is to provide what UO developers call "a waste of time."

No game is without issues. No game is for 'everyone'. And the only reason you hear about this one, is because it's the only game out there that shares the same vision Siege had when they created it. DFO, as I said... is not for everyone. Those interested will try it out and see for themselves, those who are not, won't. No biggie.

Drax

PS. Yes, this game has recaptured that old Ultima Online feel for me. It's been years and years since I've last felt the adrenaline rushes I've felt in DFO. Since I've been able to experience the kind of game that got me into MMOs in the first place.

Here is what PvP looked like in 2001:

Here it is in 2008:

Here it is in 2011:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Seemed nice at the first glance but lacks every role-play elements. You cannot enter houses or just sit on chairs. Sure would be a nice game if one had put some love into it.
It does need improvements. However, as an Ultima Online player, more specifically a Siege Perilous player... this statement is a joke right?

What kind of love did the orcs get on Siege when AoS hit and wearing an orc mask suddenly crippled you?

What kind of love did savages get on Siege when AoS hit and the gear required to role play made them worthless?

What kind of role play does Siege really have? None.

Look at this:

These guys tried, but with blessed bunny ears and hot pants - they were screwed. Even after they gave everyone the Siege bless - they were still screwed. It's been 4 YEARS since Siege has seen something resembling "role play."

Things like story night are very much a part of DFO in certain guilds. All the role play activities Siege players have been relegated to.. can be found in DFO.

While what you've brought up, has been brought up by myself and others... many a role play things happen in DFO. They do events where game staff (developers, moderators, community liaisons, etc.) get to play as monsters and attack our towns and villages. The Devs actually play the monsters we fight!

This week they are kicking off the 2 year anniversary of DFO. New quests and events. We the players have been asking for more content, story line, and lore and they have been delivering.

The best thing about this game is that the developers actually give a ****.

So while it lacks some elements, it will continue to get more. Not one person on Siege can say the same about Siege. You can either admit to yourselves that "this is it" or recognize that's not the case once you cross that bridge.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Obviously: the people. Do you really think we're coming back here in hopes of playing here again?

Believe me or not, as I've been 'the bad guy' in what was once this make believe world of ours. I've said it so many times in the past, maybe it was overlooked, maybe dismissed - I don't know, but the truth is that I hold no animosity towards any here.

When I see those remaining being treated as if you don't matter to the people you PAY to matter to.. it bothers me. Even more so now that I've a different perspective. A perspective of a company that actually cares about this genre of game. A company whose goal is to provide what UO developers call "a waste of time."

No game is without issues. No game is for 'everyone'. And the only reason you hear about this one, is because it's the only game out there that shares the same vision Siege had when they created it. DFO, as I said... is not for everyone. Those interested will try it out and see for themselves, those who are not, won't. No biggie.

Drax

PS. Yes, this game has recaptured that old Ultima Online feel for me. It's been years and years since I've last felt the adrenaline rushes I've felt in DFO. Since I've been able to experience the kind of game that got me into MMOs in the first place.

Here is what PvP looked like in 2001:

Here it is in 2008:

Here it is in 2011:

Actually "I" wasn't speaking to "you"

More so to the person I quoted :) Regardless...I don't believe nor did I say that your coming back to these forums to return to Siege...more so that you have an sentimental attachment to Siege or Ultima Online in general and still can't resist the urge to see whats happening.

Again i'm sure the game is fun...glad you have found some enjoyment in online gaming somewhere. Call me old fashioned but I still like the old 2D graphics of Ultima over the screen shots you posted of Darkfall :heart:

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
DF is good, but if you cant commit a lot of time up front, its gonna take you a while to get a decent character. Unless you join a clan who will give you materials to build your skills.

I thought it was fun, but needed some tweaks.

But also AV redoing the world? Really, last I checked they were calling it DF2010, now its arena, what will it be next? Mayan, launch release to go with the mayan 2012 world ending?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
DF is good, but if you cant commit a lot of time up front, its gonna take you a while to get a decent character. Unless you join a clan who will give you materials to build your skills.

I thought it was fun, but needed some tweaks.

But also AV redoing the world? Really, last I checked they were calling it DF2010, now its arena, what will it be next? Mayan, launch release to go with the mayan 2012 world ending?
Forumfall, not AV called it DF2010.

The huge graphics overhaul they did for Hellfreeze is what pushed back their timeline for this next xpac. Hellfreeze was delayed 4-5 months because of it.

The price paid for being an Indy company. If they had the publisher backing companies like EA/Blizzard have... oh mans would things be so much farther along.

If you need help man, send me a tell or a PM. I'll get you set up in no time. :thumbup1:

Actually the U'Wah tribe has been seen again these days

With imbue they have some pretty solid suits lol
Cool, but I imagine it's still difficult to look like savages... unless they're rocking no chest piece, no gloves, and no gorget, with bone sleeves/legs and a "mask".

Auto-fail.

A

archite666

If what you say is true, I may consider coming back when that hits.

R

Rykus

This games pretty sweet. It's basically a 3d version of Siege Perilous.

6 races to choose from: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Mahirim (wolf), Ork, and Alfar (small vampires)

There is a ridiculous number of old Siegers playing it. Guys like Rykus and Wyrm. Shadowclan Orcs, KGB, UDL, on and on.

Here's some pvp videos:
YouTube - Fights At Mah House

YouTube - Tiq / Edited by False Alarm
Hey Drax, I have yet to see you in game, BUT I did find your horse abandoned in human lands one night. I of course didn't know until I bagged it, but I waited around a bit for ya, but another time.. :)

I've been in a clan (2 actually, though briefly both times - apparently he is a troublemaker LOL) with WyRm, and am currently in the same alliance with Enigma. I've seen others, and I have items made by Hattori Hanzo, and a few others I recognize from here.

Draxous said:
Just, YUP..

My favorite thing about DF

The almost complete lack of smack-talk, and the abundance of honorable combat/good sportsmanship. I don't know if it's just because I'm in Ruff Necks (a wolf/ork racial only clan) with a solid reputation as an honorable clan, or if everyone gets this kind of camaraderie, but this is one of the things that I've grown to love about Agon. The overwhelming stench of rancid e-peens that pervade this shard (or did when I was still here) is one of the biggest turn-offs for me. I just took it, and assumed that it was something one had to put up with to play an MMO. I could not have been more wrong.

Someone please let me know if you have different experiences. I know there's some smack-talk on forumfall in the clan forums, but in-game 99.9% of my interaction with people, be it someone who killed me, or the reverse, is nothing but pleasant, mature, and downright respectful. Most often it's a simple 'gf' (good fight) tell, but it can just as easily be a new friend, or a new recruit to the clan. THIS is something I felt in early UO, and something that I thought was gone from MMOs forever with rise of WoW.

Anyway... HI EVERYONE! I hope you're all doing well. If anyone feels like taking a (2-week trial) trip to Agon and would like to see what a large, mature wolf/ork clan (we are all 21+) is like in DF, please gimme a shout. I am Rykus Wraithpaw on the NA server.

R

Rykus

If what you say is true, I may consider coming back when that hits.
Many of you may remember that in the past Drax and I have had our differences here on these forums, but notice I have not one word to dispute anything he says here. Quite the opposite in fact. After putting up with EA, and the efforts of the dev team as it pertains to Siege, I am very sensitive to history repeating itself. I am more than happy with the changes AV has made to reduce the 'grind', and if you read the forums nowadays, you'll see that many ppl are saying that the grind is now considered 'fixed', and it's time to move on to other things, which of course they are... I for one can't wait. The last 7 months I've spent in Agon has been some of the coolest gaming of my life, and I hope it only gets better with time. :)

R

Rykus

Here it is in 2011:

THIS!!!

Man, I have over FOUR GIGABYTES of screenshots that I've taken in DF over the last 7 months. Sometimes just because it's a pretty scene, but mostly it's shots like those - 60+ people riding into a siege, or some kind of large fight, perhaps a sea battle.

Speaking of sea battles.. This is a LOL compilation from Umberto Finito..
YouTube - Darkfall - Umberto Finito - Ships!

From my very first siege, to the one on Alden Enak last week, I still get a thrill, and marvel at the siege force we are able to assemble, whether it's with a week's notice or almost none at all. I've had some great times in UO, and some of you people will always have a place in my heart, but there's no way to truly describe the rush of battle from having 200+ people flinging spells and arrows in every direction, with explosions, earthquakes, and other powerful arcana, and it's all you can do to keep your wolf's heart pumping blood..

HOOOWAH!!

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Why wouldn't i want to recapture past enjoyments of UO and other MMOs ive played in a new game? I'm confused as to how you think this is a bad thing?

but actually thats EXACTLY what DF does, and isn't it really what we are all looking for?

That RUSH feeling of adrenaline before a fight starts, that moment you realize you're the prey and its fight or flight decision time, or those sweet moments right before you attack your prey when you're the predator. The sweet taste of victory when you're looting tons of gears off people you jumped at a monster spawn that you didnt have to waste hours farming!
Darkfall is a true pkers paradise.

PS. Do you really im trying to "convince" you that darkfall players are having fun, as if we are lying about the fun we have? Im not trying to CONVINCE anybody that i am having fun in darkfall, im simply telling you that im having fun, its really up to whether you choose to believe that or not, from my point of view you've already decided darkfall isn't worth it so thats why you look at it as us trying to "convince" you instead of us just giving our opinions

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
What kind of system do you need to run this game? My current computer is probably not up to the task but I am probably going to build a new gaming one soon.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
For DF, you dont need a ton, however it will take a bit when going to sieges and you end up with lots of players on screen, and spells going off.

But I played with no issues on my laptop.

Intel Core 2 Q9000 2.0ghz
4GB Ram (1.5gb shared with videocard)
Nvidia Geforce 9600M 512MB dedicated graphics (also using 1.5GB of system memory)

The only thing about DF, is your gonna spend the first month getting stats up to survive in PvP IMO. With starting stats, your HP are just too damn low to take more then a few wacks from a end game character. But I did has some fun at the sea towers i went to, and town raids.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
What kind of system do you need to run this game? My current computer is probably not up to the task but I am probably going to build a new gaming one soon.
I'm working on finding that out for you.

My computer is more than 2 years old and runs the game really well (in huge sieges, I get lag, but not as much as many others.)

These are my specs:

2.6 GHz Quad Core
6 gigs of RAM
512mb Videocard
10k rpm HD (I want a SS HD =[ )

The videocard, I believe is the most important part. With the way windows uses RAM - I would say that's 2nd. Multi-core processing... I'm not sure it even supports it (most new games still do not... like I know Rift does not) So I would say the processor is last, unless your motherboard is **** (since FBS is a bottleneck point for most PCs)

I paid a grand for my comp more than 2 years ago and I got a free 32" monitor with it. You could easily upgrade for a fraction of what I paid at this point.

Hope that helped.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
The only thing about DF, is your gonna spend the first month getting stats up to survive in PvP IMO. With starting stats, your HP are just too damn low to take more then a few wacks from a end game character. But I did has some fun at the sea towers i went to, and town raids.
Yeah. The thing about DFO is it's a lot like Siege in where you will need like 3-6 months of decent play to have a good character. It's going to be hard at first, but it gets exponentially easier the better your character gets. It's like comparing sheering sheep and selling cloth to farming the baracoon... lol.

You will be able to tag along and experience everything end game characters do on day 1, but you will be limited in what you can really do and contribute.

The thing about it, is that you will be able to be fantastic in group pvp (and pve) looooong before your characters good enough to be fantastic in 1 on 1 encounters.

This is the basics to shoot for...

75+ weapon mastery in a 2 hand weapon skill.
25+ weapon master in a 1 hand weapon skill.
75+ sharp shooter (Archery)
100 lesser magic (it's free to get this)
100 greater magic
75 witchcraft
30 spell chanting

This is the bare minimum for you to be useful to any group you're with... aka competitive.

Sakey and I got his character past this point in 3-4 weeks. Obviously, I supplied him with everything he needed to macro, macro, macro, but he's there. His stats are also not bad because he was also swimming on downtime to raise some stats.

They've added an offline skill gain system (for example you can level all the schools through it) and in the next patch are adding stats to the system. This will solve one of the biggest issues players have had with stats and this game.

Like I said, if people want help (like scripts n stuff) shoot me a PM.

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2010
It does need improvements. However, as an Ultima Online player, more specifically a Siege Perilous player... this statement is a joke right?

What kind of love did the orcs get on Siege when AoS hit and wearing an orc mask suddenly crippled you?

What kind of love did savages get on Siege when AoS hit and the gear required to role play made them worthless?

Oh, I didn't want to bother you but you obviously did not understand what I meant. So let me state that clear.

I am NOT talking about any of your game experience.
I jsut said that DF is a nice game but lacks features for roleplay. I am NOT talking about whether people really do roleplay or not. If noone on Siege does like roleplaying (as you say) then it's not the games problem.

It's just that I am missing essential elements, like the ability to sit on a chair or enter a house. When I come into a town I want to meet people at the local tavern or something the like. I want to be able to sit instead of standing on a stool. This renders the presence of a table with chairs useless. And it's just there to look good and noone ever will use it.
And that's what I meant with putting some love into it. The whole focus is on PvP and of course any asia grinder fan might be just happy with that. I'm simply not.

And I am not comparing it with Siege nor with uo itself. Trying to compare uo with other games is an absolute fail ;)

So to summarize it, I am NOT talking about the ability of players or a community to roleplay I just stated that DF lacks on some essential features that make a world feel real. That's all.

-Anira-

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I never said no one on Siege likes roleplay. I said that roleplayers on Siege are screwed by virtue of Siege's broken systems... armor being the one I pointed directly to.

Oh, I didn't want to bother you but you obviously did not understand what I meant. So let me state that clear.

I am NOT talking about any of your game experience.
I jsut said that DF is a nice game but lacks features for roleplay. I am NOT talking about whether people really do roleplay or not. If noone on Siege does like roleplaying (as you say) then it's not the games problem.

It's just that I am missing essential elements, like the ability to sit on a chair or enter a house. When I come into a town I want to meet people at the local tavern or something the like. I want to be able to sit instead of standing on a stool. This renders the presence of a table with chairs useless. And it's just there to look good and noone ever will use it.
And that's what I meant with putting some love into it. The whole focus is on PvP and of course any asia grinder fan might be just happy with that. I'm simply not.

And I am not comparing it with Siege nor with uo itself. Trying to compare uo with other games is an absolute fail ;)

So to summarize it, I am NOT talking about the ability of players or a community to roleplay I just stated that DF lacks on some essential features that make a world feel real. That's all.

-Anira-
Oh, I understood what you meant. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

The game lacks role play elements as much as any other. Where it has elements in one area, it lacks them in others. No game is without issues.

The place where I take issue with what you say is your use of the word essential. That's like saying WoW is lacking essential features that make the world feel real because it doesn't have boats or it doesn't allow you to capture and take other peoples stuff. People can't be pirates.

Let's not argue perspective. While I agree with you that those features would definitely add to the roleplay and experience. They are in no way essential elements. The essential elements are there... and the Developers are improving upon encouraging them. For example: recently they fixed the wardec system. Now you will see more blue players inhabiting NPC cities. They are currently tackling the alignment system and racial warfare, lore, and storyline will soon mean much, much more.

BUT!!! In the end, you discounted the last thing I said: DFO developers actually give a crap. Maybe if players ask for it - they'll eventually get the ability to sit in chairs.

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2010
Agreed.

The major issue nowadays is that companys are not investing to make a game to be good. They invest to squeeze out our coins to enhance their riches. And since there is a flood of million of crappy mmos out there, I see the problem in the lack of interrest of a good game. Most people just eat the crap they get served and don't demand something good and well developed.

I'd really love to see an mmo that gives you the feeling "Hell, I just had a great adventure". That's something I am missing badly.

Any game out there is mostly about grinding and leveling, being patched up so people need to level on and such till it finally blows up because noone wants to start from scratch anymore. BAM, game is shutdown and the next crappy one is set up :(

I really think if a company would invest to create a good and well thought through game it will have the potential to life for long. I know it's hard to cover every ones wishes or needs of course. And it's always difficult to find a good balance to not make a game too complicated whilst maintaining realism.

However DF has a lot of potential I think but still needs a really huge amount of work to be invested into. For anyone that wants to PvP it sure is a good choice. I can't really judge on that because I am not that much into PvP at all.