• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Dark Wolf

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Can I tame something useful with it?
I tried a Bake Kitsune but got a message "you have no chance to tame..."

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Can I tame something useful with it?
I tried a Bake Kitsune but got a message "you have no chance to tame..."
They allow you to control wolves (of which Bakes are included) but not Tame them. You have to put Tame/Lore on to Tame one or have one transferred to you, you can then bond it, and use the Dark Wolf to control it.

Always a good idea to pull the Dark Wolf's bar so you can heal it and keep track of it in case it gets stuck behind on something.

Without the Dark Wolf up and in range (not sure what the range is, it's quite large) giving commands to the Bake Kitsunes' will eventually lose all their loyalty and they go wild.

(In view of your other Necro thread)... you can get around with Bakes' without Magery once they are bonded. For example you would go to the stable, summon the Dark Wolf, retrieve the Bakes' and tell them Stop/Follow, you can then release the Dark Wolf (which otherwise gets stuck behind) and travel with Recall/Sacred Journey. You can also just use auto-stable by logging out/back in to bring them right to you. You would then re-summon the Dark Wolf so you can command them in battle. I find it useful to have one macro that is both stop and follow me, one for all guard me, one for kill (I have these on all characters as they useful for summons too). One of the main purposes of Bakes' once you get a good pair aside from very high resists is they have a huge mana pool a good pair will have a combined 800+. On some fights you want the Bakes' to cast but not get hit, and you can do this by giving kill then stay commands in quick succession, at a distance obviously, sometimes they walk to the target anyway but you can just keep pulling them back until it works. (Edit: obviously on anything that counter attacks they will eventually get aggrod anyway.)

Last edited: