• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damn I hate big banners at the top of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Isn't there an X in the top right corner to close?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's up for just a few days. Several of us are participating in the Extra Life charity event this weekend. The notice at the top causing all the others to become overly large links to our team page, and shows how much money has been raised. So please be patient with it as it is temporary, and in support for a good cause.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's up for just a few days. Several of us are participating in the Extra Life charity event this weekend. The notice at the top causing all the others to become overly large links to our team page, and shows how much money has been raised. So please be patient with it as it is temporary, and in support for a good cause.
I know it is a good cause but it's to big and have nothing to do with UO. If I had been able to turn it off, it had been ok. It's half of my screen, that's not ok, sorry

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've read your stratics pro account hides outside ads like Adwords. Not site wide cause marketing...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, i bought into Stratics Pro so i wouldn't have to worry about the banners. At the very least give us the option to close it.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its true it doesn't have much to do with UO, but some of us today will be streaming a little bit of UO =). Kirthag is currently streaming, I'm up next, come support us as we stream for the extra life event.

The banner will be gone tonight when the event is over.

P.S. the banner also has information of Stratics new public TS server. Everyone is welcome to join, and that is somewhat UO related =)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just think this one is way to big and I look forward to get rid of it. I do hope your guys will have a good event.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This is why I don't waste my money on perks like "Don't like ads? PAY US AND YOULL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN ON OUR WEBSITE!" I just run NoScript and adblockerplus. They're free and work perfectly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is why I don't waste my money on perks like "Don't like ads? PAY US AND YOULL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN ON OUR WEBSITE!" I just run NoScript and adblockerplus. They're free and work perfectly.
I don't mind to play a little to support my favorite forum but that big banner was close to make me resign from it.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps during the millisecond that you are being inconvenienced you can think about what it is about. Extra Life is an event for ALL gamers (that includes UO) to raise money for Children's Hospitals. I can't believe you are complaining about it. So far it has raised over 3 million!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Perhaps during the millisecond that you are being inconvenienced you can think about what it is about. Extra Life is an event for ALL gamers (that includes UO) to raise money for Children's Hospitals. I can't believe you are complaining about it. So far it has raised over 3 million!
I'm Danish, we do have our event to help the one who need. I don't mind see it first time I login, but not on every reload of the page and if something annoy people, it may not be the best thing to make them pay.
Sorry I'm done, I hope I next time can turn it off.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Okay.... I see what you all are saying about the banner across the top to show support for the Children's Miracle Network which benefits non-profit hospitals for children. This is NOT an ad, and thus NOT falling under the Stratics-Pro "no ads" clause. This is an event that ALL gamers (UO or not) are invited to particpate and/or donate as they can.

I'll change the banner to allow it to be hidden, but please - Stratics is not just about UO. We are gamers who play all sorts of game. Regardless of it having anything that is posted has to do with UO or not.... its related to GAMERS and how we, as a group, can affect social change.

So with that - we hope all of you will take a moment to click the links and see just what Extra Life is all about, how gamers can and do facilitate change, and feel it within your heart to donate a little bit of money toward this cause. Regardless of country, race or creed - ALL children deserve a chance for extra life.

Mahalo. :hula:

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
... and I'll be locking this thread. tyvm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.