• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Damage not carried through servers

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage does not carry through servers. Meaning if a player is hit by any type of damage that has a delay in the damage being dealt and then moves through a server (for example a dungeon entrance) the damage does then not carry through the server.

This makes it possible for players to exploit this by rapidly moving in and out of dungeon entrances or other server lines avoiding any damage that has a delayed effect (which is the majority of spells)

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage does not carry through servers. Meaning if a player is hit by any type of damage that has a delay in the damage being dealt and then moves through a server (for example a dungeon entrance) the damage does then not carry through the server.

This makes it possible for players to exploit this by rapidly moving in and out of dungeon entrances or other server lines avoiding any damage that has a delayed effect (which is the majority of spells)

Yep.. and it's always been like this... Nothing new. The one that really bugs me more than this is STAT altering equipment and hp increase. If I have +30 STR and + 25 hp on my suit I drop like 40 hp when I cross a server....

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Circa 1997!!! Don't think it's about to change..and hey if they do attempt to fix it be careful..you'll start just taking random damage passing thru entrances..or abusing it to get hit in guards and get guard whacked in dungeons..it's a pretty easy fix..stack the doors drop EVs and wither bomb..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Circa 1997!!! Don't think it's about to change..and hey if they do attempt to fix it be careful..you'll start just taking random damage passing thru entrances..or abusing it to get hit in guards and get guard whacked in dungeons..it's a pretty easy fix..stack the doors drop EVs and wither bomb..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get deadly poisoned and travel to a guardzone and the guards will not stretch into dungeons so there is no reason why fixing this issue would cause another bug.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think this will be classed as a bug. It's the reason pvp used to be centered on Buccs Den years ago.
server line hopping is as old as the game itself.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Damage does not carry through servers.
As stated above this issue has been around since the beginning, however I spoke to Bleak about this report and he feels that there may be a solution to the problem. I have submitted a problem report into the system.