• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damage Eater Question

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hey all, I've never really tried out the eaters, but I'm planning to make a new suit, and was thinking that I might want to fit an eater on a piece or two.

From UO Guide it says this:
"Damage Eater properties have a capacity to store up to 20 healing charges and convert charges every three seconds from the last time damage was received before they stop converting damage."

Does anyone know what this really means? Does each point of damage restored convert a charge? I don't recall ever seeing a "Charges: 20" in any eater armor I've ever seen. How does it recharge?

So if I have 30 fire resist, and I'm fighting a GDrag, and it firebreaths me, normally I take 48 damage (70 fire reisist + swampy armor ...). So then I assume that I'll get 14 HP restored. Does this happen all at once? Does this mean I've used up 14 charges? 1 charge?

Any idea how this works for combo attacks? Sticking with the same GDrag example, lets say he hits me with his claws... which I believe do 75% phys 25% fire, and do something like 36 damage. Will I then recoup 3 HP?

Same example, what if I had 15% ALL, and 30% fire... would I get 8 HP then, because it would trigger both eaters?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you have a fire eater, and you get hit by dragon breath you'd take the normal damage, then shortly after whatever % was consumed by the eater will be restored to you. If you get hit with say 3 fireballs in arrow each one would restore a portion to you. (so 1 charge per damage incident)
Damage all doesn't stack with other eaters. So you'd just get the higher of the applicable ones.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey all, I've never really tried out the eaters, but I'm planning to make a new suit, and was thinking that I might want to fit an eater on a piece or two.

From UO Guide it says this:
"Damage Eater properties have a capacity to store up to 20 healing charges and convert charges every three seconds from the last time damage was received before they stop converting damage."

Does anyone know what this really means? Does each point of damage restored convert a charge? I don't recall ever seeing a "Charges: 20" in any eater armor I've ever seen. How does it recharge?

So if I have 30 fire resist, and I'm fighting a GDrag, and it firebreaths me, normally I take 48 damage (70 fire reisist + swampy armor ...). So then I assume that I'll get 14 HP restored. Does this happen all at once? Does this mean I've used up 14 charges? 1 charge?

Any idea how this works for combo attacks? Sticking with the same GDrag example, lets say he hits me with his claws... which I believe do 75% phys 25% fire, and do something like 36 damage. Will I then recoup 3 HP?

Same example, what if I had 15% ALL, and 30% fire... would I get 8 HP then, because it would trigger both eaters?
Greater Dragon melee damage is 100% Physical. But like Logrus said, Damage Eater will heal you for the percentage of it that you have 3 secs later. At full health, a Greater Dragon will hit a 70 Fire Resist player for the 60 damage breath cap. If that same player has 30% Fire Eater, he will heal for 18 damage after 3 secs.