• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cutting soulforges (in a keep)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there,
well I have been playing around with soulforges and several questions arose so I thought this would be the right place to ask:

I am doing this in a legacy keep btw

1.) I was not able to place the soulforge on raised gozas on the ground floor and on the first floor (even when gozas were only raised by one). I guess this is not possible due to height restrictions in legacy keeps (and castles maybe) ? has anyone managed to do this? And if so, how?

2.) I then tried to make it "invisible" by placing the soulforge on the roof (most know that it is usable from other floors if you stand "under" or "above" it). I wanted to place it in the corner and chop all the tiles exept for one tile which would be hidden by the battlements (unless you use circle of trans. of course).
Problem was that the forge could only be placed once the gozas were raised 9 times - higher than the battlements. Once placed I could lower it, but the outside parts would only go as low as the battlements (they now seemed to be on top of the battlement).
So, the plan to have it invisible did not work for me because i could not lower any of the outside parts to ground level, they get stuck on the battlement.

Next thing I tried was to axe all the outside parts and leave the 4 middle parts intact and see if the forge still functions. I chopped all parts exept for the 4 middle parts and the SE corner pole. The soulforge was still functional.
Once I removed the SE corner pole it really looked great ---- but did not work anymore.

Next thing I want to try is to only leave one anvil intact (maybe with the 4 middle parts, not sure yet). Preferably on the first floor and not on the roof if that is possible at all.

Well, here comes my question: does anyone know which tiles (or how many tiles) one needs to keep in order for the forge to work?
It did function with the 4 middle parts and the SE corner pole (so you either need at least 5 tiles total OR the SE corner tile only or ANY of the outside tiles).

Before I go and break 134 more forges I would really like your thoughts here.

Thank you very much!

Hephaistos of Europa

K

Kayne

My original Soul forge i broke to just being the south facing anvil section.

If you ever go into house customisation though ALWAYS always remember to lock down the remaining parts (every time) or you lose the forge completely (like I recently did)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx Kayne!
Well since I live in a keep I cannot customize anyway. I knew about the lock down thing, but always good to remind me :).
Erm , I assume your soulforge worked with just the southern anvil part (2 tiles)?
This would mean that you need at least one or two of the outside tiles. Meaning I could probably just have the SE pole f.e. or even all middle parts plus one of the anvils...
Will play around with it some more, thx.

Hephaistos of Europa

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I would love to know who’s ‘rocket-scientist’ idea it was to make soul forges massive. I had a friend chop down a forge for me, because she was far more skilled and I didn’t even have the supplies to even make 1 deed, forget making mistakes. hehe. She left the east side anvil and it's hidden behind a wall, second floor,… topped with gaza mats to make it look like a table. I know these gaza-chop things are totally fine, but I always worry about them changing their mind about the meaning of cheats in this department. When those 1 square forges came around, I thought they were the best idea yet… no more chopping and they are cute… but again, ‘rocket-scientist’ ideas ruined that by making them far too rare. At least on Atlantic, you can't easily find them for sale… just like you can't find the coffin parts from the High Seas adventures. I imagine they are spawn in the same way… just few are out hunting.

*By the way, if you have never seen the mini soul forge, there is one on the High-Seas dock… by the tavern, north end.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the soul forge can be chopped into one tile ;a corner one and still function

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you kindly, the only question on the topic I have left:

Has anyone managed to do it the ground floor or on the first floor of a keep or castle? Not on the roof or the towers.

I cannot seem to place it on gozas inside a keep, even if the gozas are only raised by one (height check probably).

Thanks,

Hephaistos of Europa

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you kindly, the only question on the topic I have left:

Has anyone managed to do it the ground floor or on the first floor of a keep or castle? Not on the roof or the towers.

I cannot seem to place it on gozas inside a keep, even if the gozas are only raised by one (height check probably).

Thanks,

Hephaistos of Europa
Yeah it's the height check, its too tall and hits the ceiling.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Old thread I know but I found it when I was faced with this problem this morning ....

I ended up placing the Soulforge on the roof of my Keep; and I can imbune while standing on the bottom floor fine.