• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Custom UIs are back!

P

pgcd

My own properties evaluator script runs flawlessly - I added an approximate total intensity calculator for future unraveling purposes, and now I'm happy.

F

Fink

I thought this was "fixed" but wasn't working properly? Good news, then, thanks. :thumbsup:

Is it worth making skins at this point or should we hold off until a code mod develops?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quote from the HoC:
Zephenia - *Dermott* Last SA patch was to enable Custom UIs and well, didn't... any word on that feature?
Supreem_EAMythic - I have a fix for the custom UI that is currently in QA testing. I was at the office till 9:30 last night getting it in! You should see it in the next patch.
And the next patch, shutting off the event, just happened :D

F

Fink

Ah, of course.. I did see that posted but it hasn't hit here yet (Oceania)

I'm wondering if the Command feature will allow us to load up individual "modules" such as pgcd's properties evaluator into our preferred UI mod. I guess these have to be initialised at some point?

In any case, I feel the default skin is well proportioned and usable.. very little extraneous material but enough to put a theme into play. I'm looking forward to working with it.

P

pgcd

I'm wondering if the Command feature will allow us to load up individual "modules" such as pgcd's properties evaluator into our preferred UI mod. I guess these have to be initialised at some point?
I dunno about that, but if anybody's interested in my script (for use in a skin/mod), I'll be more than happy to help.

S

Stradlin

Very noobed up inquiry from someone who has no experience in using let alone creating custom UIs in UO;
Inventories and way items are/behave within them, is it somehow possible to bring the 2D version of it all to SA?

Even if the character/object graphics of SA were in state where one could bear looking at them, the "improved" inventory alone would be more than enough to keep me away from SA.
Those clinic, neat and orderly framed up WoW-style inventories..nghhh. It devastates the feeling of having and owning " real" items. Instead of actually having stuff you can arrange in neat and fun and messy piles you are in posesstion of bad, tiny and neatly framed portraits of your stuff.No no no!

Excuse the negative undertone, I really really want SA to be hella good and likeable:l

F

Fink

Stradlin, have you tried enabling Legacy Containers?

It's in Main Menu>Settings>Legacy

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So far, Custom UIs are PARTIALLY in SA. You can get the graphical skins to work (although you can't port the texture files directly from the KR mods, only the Icon files... texture mods are positioned a bit differently and cause interesting effects).

Custom CSV and other file types are having problems loading, so it's going to be a bit before the Enhanced goodies can be added in. I know a couple of modders who are banging away at it now though.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm spending the next few hours looking for all the issues I can.

I have learned that one nice feature from WAR custom UIs, mod files, is partially working in the Enhanced Client. Unfortunately, it's not working well enough to actually use it... so I'm going to hold off on actually taking time fixing the _Enhanced skins until I know if that is going to be fixed or not. If it does get fixed, that will make our work a million times easier, but takes a very different route.

If people have some simple modding requests, let them be known and I'll see if I can get a simple SA client skin out there today.

A

Ash

I have learned that one nice feature from WAR custom UIs, mod files, is partially working in the Enhanced Client. Unfortunately, it's not working well enough to actually use it... so I'm going to hold off on actually taking time fixing the _Enhanced skins until I know if that is going to be fixed or not. If it does get fixed, that will make our work a million times easier, but takes a very different route.

If people have some simple modding requests, let them be known and I'll see if I can get a simple SA client skin out there today.
Hmm, mod files you say.. I will have to take a look at that..

Right now I am just porting over a couple essentials without doing a major revamp, like you waiting on to see if they going to fix CSV, generic folder and apparently now the mod files, before I do any serious modding.

Currently my list I am working on:

/silence /quiet commands - think done ready to test but training my weaver right now
Chivalry option for the group/pet bar heals etc, adding remove curse
Display coordinates under radar
Animal Lore window - though that has to wait till system will see generic folder, unless you know of a way to redirect the window to main source folder
Spell Power Words - was working on this same time as /silent etc so might be ready to test, currently toggling will have to be done with command scripts

If have time then will dig deeper in the chat window to see if can port the new chat alert on non-active tabs.

T

Tazar

I just want to be able to set the "Object Handle Filter" with a macro...

D

DarkVoid

Can you get the UO:KR BB UI enhancement that scales and displays item property intensities according to color implemented in a SA client UI mod?

If so, I'd happily download and test it, as I really want to sort items with this feature whilst I'm using the SA client.

A

Ash

In any case, I feel the default skin is well proportioned and usable.. very little extraneous material but enough to put a theme into play. I'm looking forward to working with it.
While it more than likely not going to be possible to use command to load modules, there does appear to be a simpler way of integrating multiple mods into a single UI. Using MOD files, the mod files themselves will have to be written with a little more care to be widely compatible, but in the end should be as simple as putting the mod or Addon into the custom ui directory.

There maybe some mods you won't want on every char, so in that regards it will be possible to setup mods to be available but not to initialize without a command call. For example I am about to write one to toggle using chivalry for the heal/cure buttons on the group window, so until I find a way to auto-detect which to use it will default to magery and need to be toggled to chivalry.