• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Settings on Settings Window - Mod Preview

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For modders who know how to access files from the SVN repository at Modders Exchange, I have just got a CustomSettingsWindow mod functional.
It allows you to add your own tabs to the Settings Window, and settings within that window.
To use it, you are required to have the CustomSettings and CustomLocalization mods. The mod needs to be placed in...
UserInterface/YourSkin/Mods/CustomSettings/

There is also a quick example mod (CustomSettingsWindowExample).
Note that this mod is not yet complete (there are some known graphical issues), and may undergo substantial changes, so I do not recommend it be included in skins at this time. I'm hoping to have time to finish it this weekend.

For non-modders... this means you can expect another rush of BB_Enhanced-type stuff into Enhanced Client skins soon ;)
(no promises on adding new fonts... but switching between fonts that already exist in the client might happen)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For modders who know how to access files from the SVN repository at Modders Exchange, I have just got a CustomSettingsWindow mod functional.
It allows you to add your own tabs to the Settings Window, and settings within that window.
To use it, you are required to have the CustomSettings and CustomLocalization mods. The mod needs to be placed in...
UserInterface/YourSkin/Mods/CustomSettings/

There is also a quick example mod (CustomSettingsWindowExample).
Note that this mod is not yet complete (there are some known graphical issues), and may undergo substantial changes, so I do not recommend it be included in skins at this time. I'm hoping to have time to finish it this weekend.

For non-modders... this means you can expect another rush of BB_Enhanced-type stuff into Enhanced Client skins soon ;)
(no promises on adding new fonts... but switching between fonts that already exist in the client might happen)
Any of this going to let me be able to Rename my Pet, in a manner that approaches being reasonable? :pint:

That is of course unless there already is something that lets me do at the very least a KR Rename of Pets, that I do not know anything about.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of this going to let me be able to Rename my Pet, in a manner that approaches being reasonable? :pint:

That is of course unless there already is something that lets me do at the very least a KR Rename of Pets, that I do not know anything about.
This has nothing to do with pet renaming (and actually... I haven't worked with any followers other than summons with the Enhanced Client... so I have no clue what the differences are between the two).

But that doesn't mean somebody else isn't already looking into it *looks around at the other modders*

F

Fink

A had a frenzied ostard named "a feral emu", sadly got renamed "a" after I misclicked its bar.. can't seem to put the spaces back in without KR, so now it's just plain "emu".

Back on topic, custom settings tabs sound great. :thumbup:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can check out the dar-zared skin here.http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging it allows pet renaming

-Dar
Ok, that is great and thanks a million for that ability.

Is it capable of being included in the other skins?

Just one thing, I had previous versions of your skin already. I merged the new one in as I do the others.

1) Could not get any single entity health bars to be created
20 The Blue Rename Button on the Pet Gump did nothing.

I exited the game, removed the previous directories and reinstalled them, then everything went well.

D

Dar_Napa

Ok, that is great and thanks a million for that ability.

Is it capable of being included in the other skins?

Just one thing, I had previous versions of your skin already. I merged the new one in as I do the others.

1) Could not get any single entity health bars to be created
20 The Blue Rename Button on the Pet Gump did nothing.

I exited the game, removed the previous directories and reinstalled them, then everything went well.
Will work on that one