• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom home designs and lighthouses (vet reward add-on)

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hello, all -- returning player here from quite a long time ago, just settling in to customize my first house since coming back. I have some designs I'm thinking about that incorporate the fisherman's lighthouse (vet reward) add-on, but since I'm poor now I don't want to spend a quarter-million gold testing different ideas with each design commit o_O ! I was hoping there were some folks out there who'd played around with this add-on and could offer their experiences (and photos too, if you have any!)

For reference, my plot is an 18x18. The lighthouse looks like it's the equivalent of 3 stories high, and has a 3x3 tile footprint.

1. Where can it be placed?
Can the lighthouse be placed on the 2nd floor or above of a Custom house, or will they only work on the ground floor?

2. Place lighthouse first, or customize house first and then place lighthouse?
If I'm trying to connect up some walls to make the design look like it's a "built-in" so to speak, is it better to place the lighthouse on the plot and then customize around it, or customize the house and then place the deed? (I did test, and I can go into design mode with the lighthouse placed and it doesn't get lost, or redeed and jump to the moving crate, but I'm a little worried that if I ever have to redeed the lighthouse afterward I won't be able to place it into the reserved open "spot" again if I'm using walls that bump up against it.)

Thanks in advance...and if anyone's done any clever designs that use the lighthouse I'd love to see how you've used it :)

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The light house can go on any floor. If you use the bamboo looking floor under it the light house will be visible when you walk up to it. Otherwise you will only see it when the house is loaded. Im not sure about the deco mode. If you use transparency when placing you might not have any trouble with it. You might have to try it and see.

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If you use the bamboo looking floor under it the light house will be visible when you walk up to it. Otherwise you will only see it when the house is loaded.
That's a great tip, thanks!

You're probably right re: placing, that I'll just have to see. Otherwise, so far I've been experimenting using photoshop up until now to at least see how certain walls integrate with it. All part of the fun of house customization I guess.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
put the deed in your pack and copy the character to test center. Then you can place the copy light house and experiment with wall types as much as you like.

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
put the deed in your pack and copy the character to test center. Then you can place the copy light house and experiment with wall types as much as you like.
Ohhhh! You are so smart. Doh!