• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu's stuck in quicksand in the Weald?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a few months since I've tamed cu sidhes in the Twisted Weald, but I've been back there this weekend and this is driving me nuts.

It used to be that walking up into the sandy maze, I could not run but I could walk, and pets would follow (albeit slowly).

Now, once I've tamed a cu and tell it to follow, it will take a couple steps and just stop and sit there. Tell it again, and it takes a couple steps and stops. It is not peaced or paralyzed or subjugated in any way. It just won't keep walking. I get that the sand prevents a run, but should it prevent walking too?!

This doesn't appear to affect cu's when they are wild (as they sure have no problem aggro-chasing me through the sand, and non-aggro wild ones appear to just walk around like normal).

Has something changed? Or am I doing something wrong that my tamed cu's just don't want to follow me? (I swear I showered this morning!)

Does this drive anybody else crazy?! :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only rarely seen that with my main 120 tamer, the girls with less skill used to get slow pups more often. It is irritating when it happens, I used to just feed or mount them or set them to attack swoop. If it's happening to you all the time it might be worth reporting though. Or give your char some dog training videos ;)

Wenchy

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this drive anybody else crazy?! :)
Yup it does, and I just can't stand it that I just walk over to the cu and mount it, I can walk faster than it does after taming it so might as well .. or I'll normally try to aggro it near its designated target and then tame it there to save some time. Really dono if this being 'stuck' for pets thing is a bug or intended though...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The fix they put in a few years ago (that actually worked) somehow got dropped and the sand area is once again screwed and pets do not track correctly. It has been this way for a few months now, very aggravating.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been going with Chocolits' solution and just hopping on the dog to walk faster. Oy.

This happens with both my real 120's tamer and my 117 never-to-be-finished, jeweled-up tamer. I may report it next time I tame, just for the heck of it.