• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cursor Target Stored

S

Scoobs

Can anyone help me with this? I am trying to set up a macro to heal my pets. I have set bandages to target cursor and created a macro by dropping the bandages in first and then dropping the cursor target stored icon into the macro. When I drop the icon, it prompts for a target and I then click on the pet. Whenever I use the macro, it seems to default to the current selected target. Also, I seem to remember reading that the cursor changes colour when a target is stored; mine does not.

Any help is appreciated.

Ps. Has the insurance rules changed? I died and one of the creatures rummaged around and took my samurai helm (rather frustratingly!). I am pretty sure that it was insured (or blessed) and I have not changed the insurance settings on this char for literally years.

O

Old Man of UO

To set the target, right click on your bandages and then pick to Target > Store and then target your pet. Every time you use the macro it will automatically target the stored targeted pet.

If you select Target > Cursor, you will have to click on your pet or pet's health bar every time.

By the way, you can use this method either in a Hot Bar or a Macro. Using the Hot Bar method, you can drop your bandages in more than one slot, and then target different pets if you use more then one pet at a time.

As far as looting instance rules, I don't think it has changed recently and anything insured or blessed should not have been looted. However, a similar bug has been reported. Best you can do is un-insure and re-insure everything.

S

Scoobs

Thanks Old Man (hehe)

Do you know how and under what circumstances you would use Cursor Target Stored?

O

Old Man of UO

Well, that would depend on what type of character you are using at the time, but generally use it where the target doesn't change, or doesn't change often.

A few examples:

• On my miner, I use Target Stored in Hot Bar slots to one-click smelt ore in my backpack.
  • On my Tamer I use it to heal pets - both with bandages and the healing/cure spells in a Hot Bar. On the contrary, I have a single macro that includes BOTH bandages and the Greater Heal spell but uses Target Current because I change pets often.
  • On my Treasure Hunter, I use the Target Current on a shovel in a Hot Bar that I reset the target to the latest map I am digging. I set a hotkey to the Hot Bar slot - this lets me press the hotkey and bring up a targeting cursor ready to dig. Very fast this way.
  • All of my characters use either spells or bandages to Target Self rather than Target Store so I can one-click heal myself.
  • ALL of my characters use a Target Store targeted to a rune book with the default location of my home for one-key emergency recalls.
So, there isn't a specific rule on when to use Target Stored rather than Target Current or Target Cursor/Self. Remember that you can use it in a macro AND your Hot Bar. If you change the target frequently, you are better off to use the Hot Bar. If want to use multiple commands and you don't change targets, put it in a macro (not hard, but a pain in the butt to edit macros).

I hope that answers your question. If that wasn't what you meant, ask again!

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I do since I'm always swapping pets is have a couple slots on my hotbar with bandages & greater heals in them. I set a hot key to them and right click to use "stored target" cursor on the pet I wish it for.

i.e. F/G = bandage/gheal pet A. V/B = bandage/gheal pet B.

When I switch to a different set of pets I just right click and set them to the new pets.

This way I always have the same hot keys for healing pets instead of a whole bunch of separate macros to remember.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ALL of my characters use a Target Store targeted to a rune book with the default location of my home for one-key emergency recalls.
can you show me a pic of how to set that up? i am completely new with macros EC etc:(

M

miniciti

use same process for storing a emergency escape.
Just put the recall spell into the hotbar slot, right click it and select "Target>Stored" and then target your runebook with home rune already set as default.

M

miniciti

For some people, I have seen this not work if you have Legacy Runebooks enabled. So, make sure first you are using the EC runebooks.

M

miniciti

While I'm at it, I thought I'd show you how to set up one of the most common macros. The renowned "honor- all kill".

Hope that helps!

I have seen so many people having trouble with this and I hope that these pictures will help more people make the move over to the EC.