• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Current Spellweaving templates

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good day!

I was just wondering if anyone is running a Spellweaving template and what you use it for. I had a bit of luck with spellweaving during the blackthorn invasion event, mostly due to word of death but since then have soulstoned the skill onto a character i now want to use for her actual purpose (archery).

Trying to see if it is worth keeping around or if I should junk it for other skills. I remember it being somewhat tedious to get to legendary but am struggling to find the value to keep it :) it's one of those hoarder vs utility struggles I am destined to continue to face!

Any input would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well depends really on what your using it for. For pvm it has the obvious use of word of death, but don't over look gift of renewal with a lv 6 focus its pretty sweet as well as reaper form for more sdi. Pvp it shines quite well too, gift gives a lot of survivability as well as summon pixies on a dismounter is pretty deadly. Oh completely forgot about essence of wind its fantastic for grinding fights

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies Glenn's Glenn, my previous Mage now uses mysticism for PvM, which is why it was transferred in the first place! I have not really delved into PvP- but it is on my bucket list!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a Mystic-Mage-Weaver that runs with 110 SW and is generally fine.

My favorite SW spell would have to be Gift of Life. It has saved me in PVM from having to run out of a dungeon or to an ankh at a critical time and allowed me to get right back in the action. As others have noted here, Gift of Renewal can also be a good spell for both PVM and PVP. Word of Death and Wildfire are pretty decent offensive spells. Reaper Form and Arcane Empowerment can be used to give a boost to spell damage.

So take your pick - it can be put on either a PVM or PVP template. While I've not used it with a dexxer myself, I've seen enough suggestions on the templates of others for using it since it doesn't have an accompying skill which must be used for it to be a powerful enough or worthwhile spell.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the others, it is a good spell-fighting and/or fighter template skill as well. While perhaps not indispensable I do enjoy mine especially with a high focus.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like I should keep it around :) I will review the skill spaces I have and let you all know what potential outcome I have decided upon - also allowing you all to help me by shooting holes in the template :)

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mystic weaver mage-personal favorite balanced pvm/pvp
120 myst focus mage eval resist sw

mystic discord mage- basically RC does all dmg for you, WoD at end.
120 myst focus mage discord music sw

weaver tamer mage- good tanking with faster boss killing
120 tame lore mage eval med sw

weaving is a standalone skill so it can be put on just about anything and work. It's mana intensive and requires a circle to work well but doesn't need regs or anything like that. Most spells are utility in nature so they are useful for almost any temp.

I've seen a lot of SW archers not sure the temp but I would assume somehting along the lines of
120 archery tact heal anat resist chiv sw

Lord Hunter76

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I run a mystic, weaver, mage my temp is currently 120 mystic, weaver, mage, med, focus, eval int seems to do alright I know I want to tweak it a little more after reading this thread I found some good points here. But as said before it is a great stand alone as it is with a coupled skill. Great for dealing out damage in champs on low level spawns thunderstorm is beneficial and Fairie fire great for added damage until you get to drop your WoD on the big boss. I enjoy it.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just started a Mage Tamer Weaver and already I'm pleasantly surprised at how effective WoD is as a finisher. It's my first time as a SWer. I love this template more than my Archer Tamer. My survivability is greater.

I have no room in my gear atm to fix my resists and counteract the -25 to fire from Reaper spell, but I'm geared for +100 SDI so I'll probably drop pendant of magi and swap in a high res necklace when I need resists. Generally, it's not a problem unless I fail an invisible or I wonder into AoE spawn too far.

Trying to work on a pet that I can push really far to tank at LV3+ spawn in champs with full HP. Tweaking pets and the trying to find the perfect tank. Haven't tried Necromancy/Steal Life yet on a 2 slot mare but it's coming up soon. Using Hiryu's atm.

Once I get a tank set, I can just drape the field in AoE with Wildfires and Para-fields. I love Mage AoE nuking. It's my specialty from years of Diablo-game-playing. :]

Last edited:

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How about just a Mage weaver?....120 mage med eval...100 anatomy....120 resist and 120 weaving?

Tectop

Journeyman
I run a weaver,mage Necromancer, SS . Works really well for me . Really like wither for cleaning out the lower levels of spawn fast, not to mention the benefit of the Spells mentioned above

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All - I forgot I even created this post years ago :) very soon after my last post in 2014, I became a father and didn’t have a chance to really play UO with any tenacity for quite a while!

Now that I have two little ones and nearing the end of my Master’s program, I am finding the need for a little digital escape as a balance to everything else (and maybe a good way to procrastinate when working on homework :) ) I truly appreciate you all posting great suggestions! I think I am going to try to scrounge up some sdi and shoot for a necro-mage-weaver! It may turn into to a mystic weaver, but at least I have seen some of the value you all have experienced!

Crazy

Calla Lily

Journeyman
For PvM, I’m building a mage/mystic/Weaver.

I’m planning on training her up to 120 in Eval Int, Focus, Magery, Med, Mysticism, and Spellweaving.

Would it be better to swap Focus or Med for Resist?