• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Current Slowdowns on Stratics

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jarno

Thank you for shedding some light conserning this issue.
It's been painful to wait 1-2 minutes, sometimes even more,
to load the list of posts page on UO U.Hall for example.
Hopefully your provider can fix the problem soon.

G

Question; Does activity on one site affect the lag on other sites?

Such as what is happening on UO Stratics. Is all this heavy traffic and posting due to the rate increase, patch, and AoS issues adversely affecting and slowing other sites such as EQ Stratics?

T

Tyro

Cool, that means we'll have a stratics compensatory gift coming soon after the slowdown is over?

I

imported_Joshua Rowan

A letter to share with all of you from our Network Administrator: <blockquote> p>Hello everyone,

Please allow for me to apologize to each of you with regard to the current slowdowns our sites are experiencing. We are just as frustrated, if not more so, than you are. In a nutshell, there is a problem somewhere upstream from our host provider. Basically what this means is that not only are we incapable of fixing this problem on our end, neither is our host. They in turn are working with their provider to get to the heart of the problem. So we can all be frustrated together – you, Stratics and ePaxsys.

I just received confirmation today that this issue has been raised to the highest level and it is being investigated thoroughly. But please understand that there is nothing that we (Stratics) can do to solve the problem ourselves. This issue is not our “servers” it is the internet connectivity between our host and the internet.

Rest assured, we’ve put as much pressure as we can on our host, and they in turn their provider to expedite the resolution to this matter in the most expedient manner possible. Please bear with us. This is NOT the speed at which we normally operate; we are simply going through a technical difficulty which will indeed be resolved.

Regards,

Jhariden
Network Director
Stratics
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.stratics.com>http://www.stratics.com</a>
The Massively Multiplayer Network </blockquote>

G

I know how you feel. I was pinging at 100-150 to my home shard for 3 months because of one stupid hop. I was used to pinging around 40.

That's the name of the game with the internet.

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
<font color=purple>*clicks continue*</font color=purple>
<font color=purple>*goes to Tim Horton for some coffee*</font color=purple>

G

The slowdowns have been resolved. Enjoy /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.