• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Current Best Uses for Runic Hammers

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, just came back to the game after some time off and I'm trying to figure out the latest best uses and sale value for reward hammers. Can someone let me know if I am on the right track?

DC - no sale value, best use is try to hammer out 100% elemental
Shadow - no sale value, low chance to reforge 100% elemental weapons
Copper - 300K, used to reforge 100% elemental weapons/Reforge armor mods
Bronze -?? Reforging??
Gold to Valorite - Pound out weapons and hope for the best?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Bronze is the last of the hammers that lets you pick most of the mods for armor I believe. So Bronze+powerful is your best chance to get some mods like HCI 5 + another capped I think.

I have made some pretty nice shields using agapite hammers. None are what I *want* but they're pretty nice nonetheless. I am shooting for 30% DI, 10% SSI, 5 HCI. I know it's possible, just not likely.

Copper lets you reforge overcapped Hit Leech on weapons (100% HML/HLL on broadswords for instance). Also, that's where you need to go to get 150 luck metal armor.

DC is probably way cheaper/easier to get something like MR 2 than collecting a bunch of white pearls... if you want anything overcapped with DC though, you're going to need to go brittle/cannot repair I believe.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the information. I've got a ton of hammers and three or four suits I'd like to make. All these changes are making it pretty difficult to figure out what is what anymore.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You should always make your way to TC and try things out first, unless you're just doing the basic stuff that is already well written about. If you're going to start dabbling in using the higher hammers, best to know what you're getting into before you blow through piles of the things.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've got 5SSS 4hci 25DI with bronze... I might be able to get what I want with golden, not 100% sure, I'd need to know what the available points for the hammers are I guess. I think it's quite a big jump from 5/5/25 to 10/5/30 though.