• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious about ingot prices.

G

What is the current LA prices for ingots (all colors please). Thank you.

G

My prices for ingots are as followed when I have them Stocked next to LOST auction House.
Valorite 1000 = 70k
Verite 1000 = 60k
Aggy 1000 = 50k
Gold 1000 = 45k
Bronze 1000 = 40k
Copper 1000 = 35k
Shadow 1000 = 30k
DC 1000 = 25k
Iron 1000 = 15k

S

Slacktard

<blockquote><hr>

My prices for ingots are as followed when I have them Stocked next to LOST auction House.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!! Nice shameless plug there buddy boy!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At least we're not getting outrageous like some of the other shards.

I've heard that profiteers on LS have pushed even DC up to near 100k per thousand, because there are so many smiths there that have stopped mining for themselves.

Whereas here on LA, the mining community is very strong, and includes nearly all the crafter players. Most of the time, those buying ingots are doing so because their own mining can't meet the needs for specific BODs, NOT because the player doesn't mine at all, like elsewhere.

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

As long as this topic is heading in a ... direction.

Being new to LA, I took advantage of my Young Player status and took a loot at the pricing of things on Vendors.

To say the least Sticker shock came to mind very quickly.

Doing numerous Googles to try to catch up on the changes to UO since last I played (I spent the first 14 days on TC1 to determine if UO could interest me) I could not help but see there is a very active Real Life Selling market. I did see something about 400 accounts being banned etc. None of this is terribly relevant by the way, just an observation.

It would seem to me that there may be a scenario by which one sells gold to be used to buy resources ... that recycles the gold to be sold for Real Life Currency ... to buy resources .....

If one needs to increase ones Real Life Income, then one increase the price of the resources, not the Real Life Price of the Gold to buy the resources.

I am not making any statements of ethics etc, I am, in a round about way, digging for Ultima Online Cultural changes.

I

imported_Desolation87

Good economic observation. Economics in mmoprgs has puzzled experts for years. However I would argue against your statement and point out supply and demand thoerys. A 'sellers' need for money will not influence the market. Rather devs, changing the supply, or even demand will influence the market. If UO only had one RL seller, you would see demand, push the price way above the sellers 'need' of money. So what I'm saying is price isn't determind by a sellers need, not even in a monopoly. Interesting point though!

G

thank you! I will be putting up an ingot vendor at the Tokuno Treasures Museum (located in Tokuno - Homare-jima moongate - 1st house to the south east (10 steps)).

Thanks Ty!

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

*Shrug*

My own belief is it can be either side OR a combination of both.

I am relatively confident the Mudflation of EverQuest was mostly driven by Plat sellers and again notby raising the cost of the Plat (think Gold) but by raising the price of ingame items. One might say, is some cases the cost of things are so high vs the cost to buy plat being so low, that one is quite likely to buy the plat to buy the item.

I make no comment on this being good or bad. I personally do not participate, but I clearly comprehend / understand the argument "I dont have enough time to play the game as it is, so buying insert name is the best choice I have".

I was pretty much able to derive the population level being consistent with my play style ( I prefer a strong sense of community vs being lost in a crowd OR said more simply A small town vs a metropolis). What could not be derived was the Culture of the shard. The replies and the help is pretty much saying to me, I got lucky and found a suitable home.

I

imported_Desolation87

What a lovely post. LA gets alot of slack for being smallm but like you said, living in the countryside far outways living in the city!