Ctrl/Shift and someone dies Client Error

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Does this happen to anyone else while pvping???
Usually when I receive a client error it's when the newly rezed starts to go through their corpse.... OR someone else is dragging something....... and I try to recall or gate... Can't say I've ever had it happen when using control/shift.

W

Wallenstein

Does this happen to anyone else while pvping???
Yes. It also happens when you are looting a corpse and drag an item from it while the corpse's owner retrieves his items back from the corpse. I have experienced these freezes for at least two years now, unfortunately.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Yep, I noticed it last time I bothered to log in to pvp some. Never had it happen it before, and I always used ctrl/shift since they implemented it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
This has been an issue in the client for a while now. This is part of the same crash bug that affects people when they recall out anywhere someone is dragging items. Honestly I am surprised this one hasnt been fixed yet, considering the length of time it has been affecting the client.

RTLFC...this isnt new...seems you were just lucky enough not to have had it happen till recently.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Yes lots and its very annoying at champ spawns as you lose your Pro when you have to restart UO.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Yes on both Ctr+Shift+Death and Dragging+Recall. I don't understand why they haven't fixed them yet when both are completely reproduceble ...